Considering Phenom 9500. Anybody here with one?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by R@ven, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I envy your uber rig. *couch* *couch*

FYI the performance loss with the bios fix is 10% and not 20%.

2. kevin

kevin Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI gaming 6G
    same as my friend he DID not know it was bugged only after he built his computer did he find out.. But saying that how does he know its bugged is there any way of testing it to bring the bug out...

3. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    The problem occurs in very rare situations, like in servers doing difficult calculations like calculating prime numbers or the sort. The normal gamer/pc user wouldn't notice the bug, perhaps a BOSD or a hang up once in a year.

So in short, the normal users/gamers wouldn't notice it, but it's more risky using these cpu's while doing extensive calculating for servers.

4. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    That was pretty damn immature, funny thing is Im getting a new rig. As if yours rocks the gaming world.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007

5. M1ckY

M1ckY Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX260 Sonic 216SP
  6. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Flaming and adding numbers about how bad AMD or any company (Nintendo/MS/Sony haters anyone?)is, is immature and ranting about "bla bla bla AMD sucks bla bla bla"

In case you have missed my earlier post: The 9500's oc pretty good, up to 3.0Ghz (while running 2.2Ghz @ stock). I had one myself for testing (from a friend of mine) and i got it to run @ 2.9Ghz. Yep! No oc headroom there. Shame on you AMD!!

/sarcasm

Now you tell me something about someone being immature!

Goodbye!

7. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    LOl that is complete BS, You'd have to get lucky in order to receive one that o/cs that well(Yet alone Prime stable). Still even with the bug the cpu should be able to o/c more. **** Intel has processors that can go from 1.8 to 3.6. And you think 800mhz is impressive. Hell even old Opterons could do better.

And I didn't even blurt all that Dumb **** you just said. Your obviously just some lil fanboy kid who hates people saying hes wrong. AND btw, your post was once again immature. Ignorance is Bliss I see lol.

8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Who is immature, dumb ass? What about you, fanboy? You're calling me a fanboy as well, so that makes you immature as well.

I see that you're too stupid to accept that the 9500's can oc very well. That hurts huh? Too hell with your BS!

I'm fed up with your whining, fanboy.

Bye and happy happy joy joy with your ranting reply. :)

9. jasonmsw

jasonmsw Member

GPU:
    2xBFG 8800GTS320 @g615/m1730/s1449
    Ladies, ladies.... please, less with the griping.... I thought that this was a forum for AMD processors and not INTEL I am sure if you ask Guru 3D nicely they will create a forum just for you to bitch at each other........

10. OldGuy932

OldGuy932 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 3850 / 3870 Crossfire
    Well, I got my 9600 today, still doing a bit of testing. It hits a wall at 255, nothing more than it will boot, and I had it there within 2 minutes of booting the computer. Worst fun overclocking I ever had. I have a few scores from it already on hwbot, but since everyone is comparing it to penryn they won't notice how well it does next to conroe. Still need some 3850's for some testing to go on. Maybe the vapo would make the barrier a little higher, who knows...

11. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    We can always PM each other. :) hehe

Btw, how's that 9600 of yours doing? Is it the Black Edition or the normal one with locked MP? Did you also oc it?

12. OldGuy932

OldGuy932 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 3850 / 3870 Crossfire
    Its the normal one. I got it up to 255x11.5=2930 and ran a few benches. I was hoping for 3ghz out of this one, but oh well. Superpi is being finicky as well, but I always have a hard time getting it to run stable.

http://www.hwbot.org/quickSearch.do?hardwareId=GPU_1041

Take a look at the '03, '05, and '06 scores for the multicard/crossfire of the x1650 xt. In '03 and '05 I'm in second, but look at the guy in third, a Q6600 at 3.6 ghz. That's the difference that we get from the HT3 bandwidth. In '06 I take third to him because of the cpu test. But the sad thing is my single card scores wouldn't even make the top 5 in any list. And the scores were all with my 9500, I'll be getting some 3850's soon to go with my 9600. All I have right now is a 7300 LE so please don't ask me to do 3D Benches because it'll be torture...

13. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Right here once again. Ive owned all brands of cards. I don't rlly care. lol your funny.

14. roque66

roque66 New Member

GPU:
    HD 3850 ATI 512 GDDR3
    so much critics about the 9500...why?...I have one and i don't have any problems..of course, I don't Overclocked the processador, but the perfomance is very good with a HD3850...I'm Happy

15. jasonmsw

jasonmsw Member

GPU:
    2xBFG 8800GTS320 @g615/m1730/s1449
    Just a standard one. not OC'ing it as I seem to be getting issues with it.

Read my earlier post in this forum. 2nd page 5th post....

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007

16. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    Would the phenom help even out the performance of my x1950xt and my x2 4800 i have now? Just curious cause for $199 it looks very tempting.

17. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Calm it down in here please gents.

18. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    I was reading on tomshardware(i know they are not that reliable but they atleast compared the x2 vs x4 athlons) and they said the phenom is faster per clock per core then the x2 at the same speeds. So i would say for $199.99 that it is one heck of a deal. I will be upgrading to one in the few months.

19. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    Dude? Who the hell you think you are? Still using P4 and bitching about Quad Cores ... lol ... at least get something better and then talk about AMD CPUs

20. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    I didn't even say anything negative. No clue why your making fun of my system
    as if I'm going to be sad about it(As if my rig is relevant to my knowledge of computer hardware). The AMD Cpu is bugged, it'll be a lot better when they fix the bug and I bet half the people who buy them now will get the new revision later. Just like people who brought the Q6600 B3 stepping.

Grow up alil damn.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007