Call of Duty 4 - Favorite class?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by livesoft, Dec 24, 2007.

1. livesoft

livesoft Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC2/Samsung 226BW
    What is your favorite Call of Duty 4 multiplayer weapon/perks combo (class)?

One I like (and that I use) is P90 (laser) and Desert Eagle with Bandolier, Double Tap and Last Stand. I get the best rate of fire and lot of kills on a TDM. It also have a fire range and good accuracy. Just have to stay in movement and it will be better than a shotgun.

I also like to use Overkill to combine a sniper rifle with an assault rifle or a smg. LMG with Deep Impact is also great.

EDIT - Can you also tell which level you are? Im level 55 :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  2. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    M16A4-Red Dot Sight-Digi Camo
    My current fav pistol is the M9 because i have not yet unlocked the D.E.
    Bandolier
    Double Tap
    Martrydom
    Frag & Stun grenades

3. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    Fkn naab perk prat, DIE - seriously - I aint even joking - sleep at night? I would not, **** ****.

M16A4 - SILENCER - RED CAMO
    USP
    1xFrag / 1xFlash
    Bomb Squad
    Double Tap
    Dead Silence

Also have a server - with martydom and GL attachments removed (noob tubes) I play HC only so NAAB tubes are a pest when u got low skillers fireing in the GENERAL DIRECTION of god knows what (they don't) and getting 5 frags.

HF flaming me - naabs.

4. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Server IP? Sounds like a nice option to vary from the usual spam.

5. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    FK me I come from HIGH LEVEL competative CS 1.6 sorry I apologize for rage its not on, sorry.

6. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Martyrdom is so stupid. I hate it. It should only activate if you actually have a grenade remaining.

I use P90 with Silencer, Gold Desert Eagle, Bandolier, Stopping Power, Steady Aim, Frag/Stun Grenade.

The game is too easy with that combo... I stopped playing because of it. Maybe when I get back into it my skill will have decreased and Ill have a challenge. :D

7. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    This is my general assault class. On hardcore M4 + stopping power is a one hit kill, so you can imagine the carnage you can unleash with this class.
    M4 + RedDot + blue tiger stripe camo
    USP + silencer
    3x frag
    stopping power
    steady aim

This is my sniper class. I only play hardcore, so I use the M21. I put dead silence on this one because as a sniper I like to move around a lot, and I like to flank the other team, and its a lot easier if they can't hear you.
    M21 + digital camo
    M4 + silencer
    clamore
    overkill
    dead silence

This is obviously my uber-stealth class. I use it mostly on maps with a lot of grass, like overgrown and downpour. If you hug the bushes and walls, you can get 15+ kills before anyone even finds you.
    M4 + silencer
    USP + silencer
    bandolier
    uav jammer
    dead silencer

This one is for maps with long and short range lines of sight, like countdown, where you need long range but you also need something short range for when you catch someone in the middle.
    G3 + Red dot
    MP5 + silencer
    3 x frag
    overkill
    steady aim

those are my 4 main setups. The fifth slot gets changed all the time, because I'm going through unlocking all the camo for the different weapons.

8. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    LOL <3

LOL I have a mate whos a really nice guy, but has "NO IDEA" how I am so fast - tis called noob bashing, try fighting sombody with a TRUE FPS background - I don't think u will need to wait for your skill to 'DECREASE' to meet a challenge. Oh and P90 is BANNED in leagues for a reason (still I personally think its over rated) but yer, its a combo...

And um.. why am I still here.. its 5:39 AM - NIGHT! :sleep2:

9. xvPsyKovx

xvPsyKovx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT SC
    banned in leagues which leagues?

mp5 > p90, dont believe me? 69.13.112.81 my name is |D| *PsyKo*, bring a p90 lol.

10. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Ive tried em both extensively and found that the P90 was much better.

And are you seriously saying that the hundreds, if not thousands of players I have played with have not come from what you call a "TRUE FPS" background? Im trying to figure out what would fall under that category. I guarantee you, if you tried something fast paced and hectic like UT compared to something like CS, you will be ripped apart... and then those parts would be ripped apart even further. The difference in gameplay is far too different.

The P90 is better than the MP5 depending on your playstyle, how used to the weapon you are and so on. The same is true for the MP5. Or any other weapon for that matter.

11. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    true that. fast paced deathmatch games ftw =) (warsow warsow warsow)

Anyways I play a variation of

M4 + Laser + Red Tiger
    Desert Eagle
    C4
    Stopping Power
    Martydom (don't flame me, noobs walk right into it)

or the same, except with a G36C. Also my sniperama class;

Barret 50cal (stock scope, camo)
    AK-74u + Laser + Digital Camo
    Claymore
    Overkill
    Iron Lungs

Mostly I've been playing tdm to work on my aim, but plan on going competitive once I get Rank 55 (51 atm) and play around with all the weapons.

12. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    You can't have camo on your second gun with overkill m8...

13. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    im the undercover kinda guy...

g36c w/ silencer
    silenced pistol
    bandolier
    uav jammer
    dead silence

awesome on sabotage!

i also do

m249 with red dot
    r700 w/ acog
    bomb squad
    overkill
    long breath

14. livesoft

livesoft Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 512MB OC2/Samsung 226BW
    No one likes LMG? I got the best stopping power!

M60E4 (Gold + Grip), Sleight of Hand, Deep Impact.

I don't even need to aim down the sight. Just fire in the hole!

What's worse? Martyrdom or 3 frags... in the hand of a noob. I only use it with my shotgun kit, when I know there will be people around. If most servers got FF off, when the FF is on, be sure that nobody got martyrdom.

What would be the best automatic weapon (exept LMG)? I need to combine my .50 barrett with an automatic weapon (because sniping the whole game is boring when you don't have the "right" spot). I tried the G36C: horrible, take a full clip to kill someone (and fire rate is poor). The M4 takes too much time to deploy. I think Im just going to use the P90 again.

Im used to play on FULL 32-50 players server (no 64 yet) and making around 30-80 kills per match. I don't feel like Bomb Squad, UAV Jammer, Dead Silence and Eavesdrop are useful.

Can you tell which level your are? Maybe you didn't unlocked (yet!) the best weapon ^^.

15. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I'm lvl 55 :)

16. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Unfortunately so is nearly everyone else. They should've made gaining ranks much harder, like in Quake Wars, IMO.

17. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I dunno, I mean, that would make the divide between new players and experienced ones even greater, and people would bitch like hell if it took weeks just to get the M4.

I played in a server of 20 people today, and I was the only lvl 55, so not everyone is there yet. But once everyone is lvl 55, It won't bother me, because in most fps games, everyone has the same equipment from the get-go.

18. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I think the gaining levels thing is meant more as a learning curve to get completely used to the engine and each weapon, not so much as a "Im Lv55 and thus am better than you" deal.

19. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    whoops, yea - i was just thinking of my classes from memory and one of my classes has the ak-74u with digi camo and I got mixed up =)

20. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I've gone back and changed some of my classes over the past couple of days, basically putting the M4 in every single one of my classes. I did some thinking/testing, and even though the stat bar for the M4s damage is pretty low, it really doesn't matter, because its still a 2/1 hit kill and almost always a 1 hit kill in hardcore. which means its actually got the best all around stats, because its accuracy, range and fire rate are all really good.

So now my classes look something like this:

sniper:
    M21/M4 + silencer + dead silence

Assault:
    M4 + red dot + blue tiger + stopping power + steady aim

CQB:
    M4 + silencer + double tap + steady aim

long range/ short range:
    G3 + red dot / M4 + red dot + steady aim

Stealth:
    M4 + silencer + uav jammer + dead silence