ForceWare Release 169 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by John Dolan, Dec 20, 2007.

1. RanCor TDO

RanCor TDO Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080 GameRock

we do

2. Tr0n

Tr0n Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB
    I'm afraid you're right. :(

Man, this is really pissing me off right now.

3. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Ding! Ding! Ding! Give that man a prize! :banana:

Unfortunately, there are folks who will never grasp this. :nerd:

4. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Several people confirmed tests showing that the profiles are still running SLI despite it saying differently in the config.

5. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    can anyone confirm if forced AA is working in this version? cos the beta broke AA in many games (EQ2, PES2008)

6. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    This is a long shot, but uninstall the 169.xx driver, use Driver Sweeper, blah, blah,blah, install the 169.25 WHQL driver, but don't reboot, just shut down.

Connect your monitor to the "other" DVI port on the graphics card. If you can, connect a monitor (or a TV) to each DVI port. Reboot. If you get an image on at least one monitor, you can then figure out what to do to fix everything.

I've noticed that the 169.xx drivers have an awful time recognizing monitors/TVs after first being installed. On my rig, if I have both my Panasonic TV and my Samsung monitor connected, after I reboot, Vista will only boot up on the TV and will never again recognize the LCD monitor. I have to boot up after the install with only the Samsung attached and then attach the TV. Then it works fine. This has only started happening with the 169.xx series drivers, at least for me.

7. bigearz

bigearz Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT 580/15
    ^ sh1t.. i'm gonna have to try that out

8. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Well the 169.21's only lasted 20 seconds in CoD4 on my Vista32 8800GTX, went back to .12's which are great. Decided as it's Xmas to try these official .25's and just played an entire evening on CoD4, running very nice indeed. :)

9. Tarowah

Tarowah New Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080Ti SC
    No changes from the Beta drivers, I have the beta drivers installed and when I used the NVIDIA Smart Scan tool I got the following message.

Product Current
    Installed Driver Recommended
    Driver
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 169.25 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.
    I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the NVIDIA Software License Agreement.

10. Tr0n

Tr0n Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB
    Ok, here is the solution to the black screen on startup problem.

The drivers seem to output to the second (or TV out) by default if you got your TV connected.

So just turn it on and you will see the picture there. Go to the NVIDIA Control Panel and change the output back to monitor.

Stupid!

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    yh but if you dont have a second monitor, then how am i supposed to go into the nvidia control panle when i cant see anything ??

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Well bud that isnt the case here. Because they really were not BETA drivers. IT siad on Nvidias site WHQL candidate. So that tells you off the bat, nothing would be different. Just the WHQL logo that is all.

They just have to classify it as beta since it does not carry the WHQL logo.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I laugh when I see people changing from a beta to WHQL of the same number. :D

14. Tr0n

Tr0n Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB
    Well, I'm sure you have a TV. :)