My games are runing too fast!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by galvatron009, Dec 13, 2007.

1. dec1211

dec1211 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 320mb
    72 fps in fact :)

23.9 is the frame rate of regular video.

2. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Downclocl your processor down to 500mhz and your gfx card even more XD.

Im guessing this is a driver problem because I believe older games are running to fast and some of your newer games are crashing? You need a driver fix somewhere for sure.

3. dark_force

dark_force Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512MB
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i've seen this before. i dont know how to fix it. it was years ago and i forgot, i probably reinstalled windows. i even forget what game i had that issue on but walking is like having run speed on 200% in UT2k4

usually the problem is associated and seen more frequently with emulators.

frame rate is the same, the gameplay is speeded up for those who still think he's talking about frame rates on crack.

5. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    So installing a new video card means he now need to install CPU hotfixes ? Why would he not have needed those before installing the new card ? If it is a driver issue why is it affecting both XP and Vista, they are likely not using the same driver ? Also don't you think more people would be reporting the same issue if it was either of the two ? Anyway it just seem strange to me, but im happy to be proven wrong.

6. dark_force

dark_force Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512MB

I had the same issue until I installed that fix. Trust me it works. Here is AMD's explanation:

AMD Dual-Core Optimizer - The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications that rely on RDTSC do not benefit from the logic in the operating system to properly account for the affect of power management mechanisms on the rate at which a processor core's Time Stamp Counter (TSC) is incremented. The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer helps to correct the resulting video performance effects or other incorrect timing effects that these applications may experience on dual-core processor systems, by periodically adjusting the core time-stamp-counters, so that they are synchronized.

7. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670
    I am married .. i was lying to myself::bang: