Problem with newly acquired 8800 GT card .. help?!?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Knuspar, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Knuspar

Knuspar Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 8800 GT AMP/ Samsun
    North Q 1000 Watt Giant Reactor, not powerfull enough for a 8800 GT !

As the topic states, i have some, at least to me, unexplainable problems with my newly acquired Zotac AMP 8800 GT .. Its put into my Main PC, for which specs are in my signature.

What i did was, uninstall the 163.75 driver i used for my 7800 GTX, shut down the computer, and booted back up with the new 8800 GT card in it. I ran drive sweeper from guru3d.com to make sure any leftovers were removed, and then did another reboot, to install the 169.02 drivers ( also tried 169.12 .17 and the new .21 its the same result =/ )

The thing is, everything appears just fine when im on my Vista 32 bit desktop. When i start up a game like COD4 or Crysis, i have, seriously low frame rate, like 4-5 FPS low .. no matter what res and no matter how much AA i have on, of even if i have it OFF !!!!

I tried booting my computer with just 2 GB RAM instead of 4 GB RAM, that does not make a difference either .. I tried setting my BIOS to all defaults, fearing i might have changed a wrong setting as i OCed my q660, but no change. No matter what, it seems i cant get any better frame rate than 5 FPS, which is off course useless.

So, i figured the Zotac was damaged or something, i then RMA it with the small shop i bought it from, he tests it, and nothing is wrong with it. I happened to know the guy from work, so he lends me hes own BFG 8800 GT OC, and i get exactly the same result as with the Zotac. I'm desperately trying to figure out what can be wrong .. But i don't have a clue what else to loook at, so pretty please, u fellow gurus, please give me some advice .. ANY suggestions are welcome, no matter how stupid.

Also, heres a SS to help you help me figure out what could be wrong, if anyone feel like I'm letting out any info that could be important, don't hold back.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5300/8800gtwtfrn5.jpg

Regards, a fellow nerd, whos very close to tears =/

NB. I also posted this on Hard|Forum

EDIT: I changed the subject on this thread from "Problem with newly acquired 8800 GT card .. help?!?" to "North Q 1000 Watt Giant Reactor, not powerfull enough for a 8800 GT !" as i found the problem .. see here for more info

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    have you tried returning the Q6600 to stock clocks and seeing how that affects the 8800GT?

3. Knuspar

Knuspar Active Member

GPU:

Yup, resat the BIOS to complete defaults, loaded a BIOS verion taht was a tad older and tested that, and i flashed it back to a new version again

Installed newest chipset drivers as well .. right now im preparing for a ultimatly desperate last thing I can think of. Complete reinstall .. =/

4. AMDZen

AMDZen New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT SC
    Google for a program called GPU-z, run it and tell me what it says on the PCI Express x16 @ ?x. I've seen a lot of this where people are running at x1 or x2. There are a lot of different fixes depending but we'll need to verify thats the issue first

5. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    It's on his screenshot. ;) x16
    This was my first though but it's OK.

6. mykemyk2006

mykemyk2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    RMA me thinks

7. Knuspar

Knuspar Active Member

GPU:
  8. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    run a program like registry cleaner it will sort it out for u :)

9. Knuspar

Knuspar Active Member

GPU:
    everytime i change driver i use drive sweeper here from guru3d i think taht removes what needs to be removed :S

10. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    well in didnt for me when i got my new graphics card.
    i got 7 -9 fps ran registry cleaner all was fine.:3eyes:

11. Knuspar

Knuspar Active Member

GPU:
    Dont think thats the problem, but certainly worth a try :) Which particular registry cleaner did you use?

12. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    registry fix from torrent cough cough:)
    u can d/l registry mecanic7 for 30 days trial but if u do dont install the antivirus or firewall it may cause problems with urantivirus as this comes with it easy to do and quite a good program.:)

heres the link m8 http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registry-Tweak/Registry-Mechanic.shtml it may solve ur problems.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  13. Knuspar

Knuspar Active Member

GPU:
    HEHE .. well .. thx, but not sure its gonna solve anything, i tried a fresh install and still had 4-5 FPS, so cant be that really =/

14. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig

fresh install of what OPERATING SYSTEM or GRAPHIC DRIVERS?

15. Knuspar

Knuspar Active Member

GPU:

16. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    that was quick :)

well it worked for me anyway, so i guess it could be hardware related hope u sort m8:)

17. Ekajaya"VaLvE"

Ekajaya"VaLvE" Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    How is your temperature? Check it with ATI Tool or Riva Tuner. Maybe you can do some trial and error with riva tuner, like reset the driver settings.

18. Knuspar

Knuspar Active Member

GPU:
    Tried it, no difference.

However, im confident i found the answer is in this thread : http://forum.uabit.com/showthread.php?t=131643

19. KiM6800GS

KiM6800GS Master Guru

ei mate.. there this thread weeks ago about compatibility issues of the GT with various mainboards.
    click me

just search through that thread on who has their 8800GTs working on IP35 like Iron99 (POST #43), then ask them about the specifics on how they got it working. i also read from the abit forum that they got it working on pciex4 slot.

20. madtorn

madtorn Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte 8800gt