How can i load an .icc profle on startup?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by joshd28, Dec 8, 2007.

1. joshd28

joshd28 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD2900XT 512/XFX 8600GT
    I just got a Samsung 226BW "C" panel, the colour out of the box is pretty crap, its like really bright and washed out, so i search for some calibration options and find this http://andrewswihart.net/blog/review-samsung-226bw-lcd-c-panel

I downloaded one of the profiles, i installed it correctly and everything, i tried three times, the colour looks great once i apply the settings but when i restart, the colour profile dosent load like it's supposte to as the webpage indicates. The program colour config is in the startup folder but dosent load all i get is a message saying / L for load, /install for install etc. but colour stays at default.

What could i be doing wrong here? Are there any programs that could load the profile for me on startup, instead of loading it through wincolor?

thanks

2. anwaypasible

anwaypasible Banned

GPU:
    evga / 7900 GTO / 512mb @ 676/1554
    http://www.hex2bit.com/products/product_mcw.asp

monitor calibration wizard will load the profile on startup
    the program also locks the colors so nvidia/ati settings wont mess with the color/gamma
    video games wont be able to mess with the color settings either.. its great
    you can adjust the brightness in a video game and see the screen take note of it for a second, and then it reverts right back to the calibrated color.

3. joshd28

joshd28 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD2900XT 512/XFX 8600GT
    Thanks alot man, it works great. I had to create my own calibration profile instead of one already made, i don't know a single thing about calibration and stuff, so i don't know if it's done right, but it looks much better now anyway, cheers.