-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 2=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    ahhh okay, fair enough

2. ice_chiney

ice_chiney Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual 690s
    dude..how does that cooler working for u? and wat model is it?
    i always see ppl using it..but never checked it out

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well..... usually you see people with the Tuniq Tower 120.... or the Thermalright 120 eXtreme. The one in that rig is the Sonic Tower.... i believe by CoolerMaster? or was it Thermaltake? *shrug*

xpl: how about.... better airflow? easier to run wires? looks nicer? yeah... your computer is under your desk... Mine is between my desk and a wall.... without windows... and i'd STILL rather have a PSU with sleeved, and even more preferably sleeved MODULAR cables.... than one without. It's not like it costs $20 extra for the sleeving. half the time you wind up paying more for a better supply anyway.... sleeved cables is just a perk.

4. iLovPieNCake

iLovPieNCake Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285
    Awesome PSU, Antec is my favorite PSU maker and their cases are prety good. Also thanks for proving to me that a Quattro 850 or 1000 will fit in the PSU box the Antec P18's have. :smile:

5. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    it is....Thermaltake Sonic tower :) and mine is old so it's rev1 so no am2 support.
    it's pretty awesome cooler and atm my intel c2d e6420@2,3ghz is idling nicely at 30c according to core temp. one warning though i'm not sure is this the case with rev2 but my rev1 on that MSI P6N SLI-FI is not really compatible and i had to bend some components on mobo to get it fit.

yea it fits nicely but if u want to use case fan that's place is right next to psu..well it's not gonna happen.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  6. xpl

xpl Guest

Better airflow u say? For example if i have bought 8800GTS and CM Stacker case and if i wouldn't buy Stacker case i could get a GTX so what will I choose i think even an idiot would tell me. I don't care about airflow. I don't build computers my self because here if you are going to build a computer yourself and some part wouldn't work, shop that sold you these parts with warranty probably won't give you any warranty service, because they can say maybe you f**ked up that part. About looks :/ Already told you can't see what's inside there so i don't care...

7. Pepperoni7

Pepperoni7 Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB +Thermalright V2
    Here's my Rig; specs on the left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. surrealX

surrealX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Nice clean rig!

9. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Very nice indeed

10. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    xpl: last time i checked.... there's a HUGE difference between possibly buying a PSU with or without sleeved wires.... and buying or not buying a CASE.

Besides.... you were saying you didn't see a need for sleeved cables.... and i was just giving examples. wasn't saying you need to buy one... or even should buy one. just saying that i, myself, would rather have a supply with sleeved cables.

11. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Got my ATI HD 3870 a couple days back.

Comparision between the new and the old.
    [​IMG]

All Installed.
    [​IMG]

And A couple of other pics of my rig =P
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  12. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    eerm.... what was the old? 8800GTS?

13. ice_chiney

ice_chiney Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual 690s
    very nice setup Pepperoni7

14. KiM6800GS

KiM6800GS Master Guru

err.. you upgraded from a GTS to a 3870? how's the performance difference between the two?

15. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    is that the 8800GTS, KiM? if it is.... then i'm guessing it's a rather negligible difference. more like a name change than an upgrade....

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    If you want to sell that GTS... :D

17. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Yeah, lol, you be quite surprised. When I had used my 8800GTS 320mb i was using a res of 1440x900 which was ok, played most of my games quite smoothly but once I got my 20" it wasnt so fluid in games. In most benchmarks the HD 3870 XT was faster (due to the 512mb) so i bought one. Also it only is just behind the 8800GT and I had the money so I thought I would pick one up. Also, the ATI card has better fetures such as AVIVO but also the dedicated HDMI connector and onbaord HDMI sound. Im planning on building a new system (Penryn, Crossfire etc) so it would start the whole upgrading bug next year.

But im quite happy with the performance of my HD 3870. I am planning on selling my 8800GTS to a mate of mine for about £50.00 to £100.00. Im not too bothered about the money I just want my mate to build a decent system so he can comeback and play again in games such as LOTRO and GW. My firends computer died when the USB ports set a light =/

But there's my reasoning lol

I also have a Leadtek 7900GS and a ATI 9250 (my first GPU) boxed up in my cupboard and my sister runs my old 6800XT (planning on rebuilding this system with a 7900GS to give to her).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  18. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Rig gallery.

19. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    I built this computer for my dad. It has a 3Ghz C2D e6850, Asus Striker Extreme mobo, Evga 8800GT SC, 2x WD RaptorX HD's, Silverstone 600W PSU, Zalman 110mm HSF, Thermaltake Armor case, Asus sata DVD Burner, and 4 gig's of Corsair DDR2-800 Xms2 ram.

Here she is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  20. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    It has been Awile since I have posted some of my pc, Here are some of my setup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.