AMD Phenom X4 OC @ 3 GHZ outperforms 3 GHz Yorkfield (Penryn)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by king-dubs, Dec 4, 2007.

1. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
  2. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    3D Mark 05? That doesn't support multi-coe CPUs anyway, does it?

3. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    Yeah I do not think 3D Mark05 is optimized for multi-core.

Reading further down on that post, I am shocked that AMD waited so long to release their next chips, and now their is a bug which fix can reducde performance by 10%-20%.

I waited specifically for AMD to release their new CPU's, and now it looks like I am going to get one of the new Intel's once they drop a little in price (aka sometime next year).

4. JMerrick

JMerrick Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 7950 GT PCI-E 512 MB
    3DMark and Cinebench have always been kind to AMD processors, but they lose badly in pretty much everything else.

5. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    I really hope the AMD will OC a F*ing lot more for AMD to survive. Wow, it can oc to Penryn stock level to compete... sad. Im hopping the AMD can push 3.8ghz or more!
    Because the Peryn will.

I really really hope for a fierce battle in the next 2 years!

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    I think don't know why, that the new B3 revision of the Phenoms, as well as the time that allow developer to take advantage of new stuff, will bring AMD glory and money and we will have great competition.

7. Crystallas

Crystallas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280
    Im a lifelong AMD supporter, thankfully I dont have a need for any real upgrades right now. I'll wait a bit longer just to see how this plays out. I know the merger slowed them down a lot, but everything is starting to look better, and there is light at the end of the tunnel! Just where is the end of that damned tunnel!! LOL