is my SLI working or not ? help please !

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bangsatlo, Dec 6, 2007.

1. bangsatlo

bangsatlo Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Geforce Go 7900 GS
    K , i turned on the option "enable sli-multi gpu" , but how do i know
    my second card is running during gaming ? how do i know whether SLI has benefit me ( giving higher fps) or not ? there is no option inside the game asking whether or not to use SLI . help please !

Thanks

2. PeroTT

PeroTT Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 485 SC
    If you had no errors during set-up of your sli system it should work fine by itself.

in order to measure the difference a good idea would be to do some benchmarking before & after your changes.

Good luck!

3. bangsatlo

bangsatlo Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Geforce Go 7900 GS
    i did. in 3d mark06 there was a significant difference. but in game how do i know that the sli is working. like for example in COD4 , when i choosed optimal settings it'll detect "dual video card" option as a NO. does that mean COD4 doesn't recognize my sli setup ?

4. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    Hello bangsatlo, don't do 3dmark06 because that more CPU dependent, use 3dmark03 and test it in non SLI mode then see your score, after that turn on SLI mode and see whats the difference from non SLI and SLI mode, it should work.

5. PeroTT

PeroTT Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 485 SC
    Use Fraps to give you an indication if SLI is working or not.

its the same for me, i see no indication in-game that sli is working. But fraps gives me almost double the fps vs non-sli (except crysis ofcourse).

3dmark was up approx 5k for me going sli, but fps in most games has a bigger increase.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    If you want to see if SLI is working and how its used, download nHancer, go to SLI tab (if you got SLI enabled) and check SLI load balancing graph :)

7. Isolde

Isolde Member

GPU:
    XFX8800GTSXXX 320MB - 648/1674/2106
    Just dropping by.

Do you realize that in my lang (and i'm sure the TS' lang too) his ID means "f**k you"

and

Will be
    ----- nvm nvm nvm -----

Um..

GeForce Go.. You have an SLI notebook?

Plug your notebook to a power source, then try to disable SLI from the nVidia Control Panel and see how well your game goes. Compare it with SLI enabled (doh) if it is working, then there should be at least 30 % boost.

8. bangsatlo

bangsatlo Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Geforce Go 7900 GS
    thanks guys . btw PeroTt, what's a fraps ? and why did u said except crysis ? what about crysis ? it wont recognize the sli ?

9. Isolde

Isolde Member

GPU:
    XFX8800GTSXXX 320MB - 648/1674/2106
    1. Fraps is an FPS counter which is free.
    2. Don't do it with Crysis because SLI or not SLI won't matter because the game is too damn hardcore. SLI of 8800 Ultra won't do 10 fps in it's highest setting.
    FEAR or Doom 3 is a nice game to benchmark your GPU.

10. bangsatlo

bangsatlo Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI Geforce Go 7900 GS
    i see. thanks guys.