Forceware 169.13 release

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by rachradio, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    sooo..... anybody else thinking it may possibly be safe to assume that the Crysis patch MIGHT be out tomorrow.... if not by the end of the week?

2. fulber

fulber New Member

GPU:
    2 x EVGA 8800GTX (SLI)
    Based on the posts seems like the drivers do boost SLI. Even without the patch! As I mentioned earlier I got a significant difference.

3. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    I wager it will release tomorrow at 4:30PM.

4. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    Yap true....almost the same here now Iam getting average 34 FPS according to the in-game GPU-benchmark @ 1920x1200 with everything set to very high without AA.
    Execpt for heavy gunfights it runs almost perfect now! So if the patch does its part as well we`re finally good to go!

Oh and dont forget to get that new SLI / Crossfire Hotfix by M$!! helped me!

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Ok I just wanted to comment about these new drivers, they are definitely great for Crysis. I can't say for sure if my other games gained any performance, but I can definitely confirm that Crysis do benefit from these drivers, I must have gained around 4 or 5 extra FPS (which DO make a tangible different when previously you ran it at 25 FPS, so now it's more around 29 to 31).

6. jan claude

jan claude Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640mb 648/1500/2000

considering that you have my same video card,at what resolution and setting did you get that improvement with crysis?
    on vista or xp?
    as far as i'm concerned ,i play crysis at 1280x1024 no aa with all on very high,but shadows and PP on high and sound on medium/high and it goes 25-27-30 on avarage with drop below 20 in heavy firefights and over 30/35-45 inside buildings or similar!

7. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    4-5 FPS boost in Crysis. Sweet.
    Excessive crashing in GoW. NOT Sweet.
    Lockups every session with Timeshift. REALLY NOT SWEET.
    Smoother play with GoW, before it crashes, sweet.
    I'm undecided about uninstalling 169.13. They raise the FPS in every game I've played, but the stability that 169.12 had is lost here.

8. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX

Hope these drivers fix AtiTool, which stopped working from the earlier versions (fingers crossed) I like to underclock my 8800gtx with this when not playing games. Rivatuner works but not as low clock speeds attainable.

Cant wait till i finish work to try them.

9. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Noticed no FPS increase in Crysis, using Vista 32 bit.

10. Waylander

Waylander Guest

right, tested these, Everything does run smoother, COD4, UT3, Crysis, Bioshock.
    BUT I also applied the M$ patch as well, so I'm not sure which provided the boost, however these are the first 169 drivers that haven't crashed/locked frequently..
    Also with previous 169s, I've been unable to run crysis with SLI at all, it locks up solid
    Definitely a step in the right direction

11. Maxx77

Maxx77 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 285
    Unreal Tournament 3 Full Antialiasing!

Wow, it's the first driver that do full antialiasing in Unreal Tournament 3.

UT3 looks a LOT better :)

12. hugos82

hugos82 Active Member

GPU:
    GALAXY 8800GTX/Ultra SLI
    haven't tried those in Crysis yet, but i can hardly say i gain any FPS in other games. UT3 still freezes for few seconds, then everything goes back to normal, but that make the game unplayable. Actually most of the U3 based games do have those freezes (UT3, Warmonger, GOW) the gameplay stops suddenly for some time and then goes back to normal. have no idea what is going on. COD4 runs little better, but it's hardly noticable when you have constant over 100FPS :)

13. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    no wonder why Medal of Honor Airborne was running slow, it had antialiasing on.

14. Maxx77

Maxx77 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 285
    LOL, I guess that's good news.

15. Nosferatu1976

Nosferatu1976 Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 XXX 670/2500/1458
    Which MS patch you mean, i really want to install it if its good, can you tell me the which patch it is and what number it has=? thx

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I play at 1280x960, everything (including sounds) at Very High or the highest it can possibly go (using the DX10 tweaks), except for Shadows, which are set to High (at Very High the Shadows just kill the performance for me). There is no A-A at all, and no A-F either (still looks beautiful). And that's on Windows XP 32-Bit (which is why I used the DX10 tweaks as mentioned).

17. Crayfish

Crayfish Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 660ti OC
    I belive I got a bit of a boost in crysis. But in return I got flickering water :l. And some other textures flickering. There seems to be artifacts here and there.

Has nothing to do with OC.

18. jan claude

jan claude Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640mb 648/1500/2000

can you have a try on vista with the same settings you've used on xp and than tell the result?

19. evo4ever

evo4ever Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra KO
    3DMark06 = nearly 250 point loss. 10180 down to 9950
    Crysis (1680x1050, Very High) = No improvement. Still 17.6FPS Average using the GPU Benchmark utility.

Benchmarked with No overclocking.

What a load of crap! Im gonna hold out till the Crysis patch, if still no improvement ill be going back to 169.01.

20. Vampiro2000

Vampiro2000 Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB@580/1350/850
    are they still working with rivatuner 2.06?