my brand new not so very fast and expensible pc:D

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by putty, Dec 5, 2007.

1. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    my brand new not so very fast and expensive pc:D

Hey i just got my new system and i was hoping to get some info about the overclocking part^^

My system:

Int E4500 775 2200 BOX800 2MB
    MSI P35 Neo-F P35 G SA
    D2 2GB 800-C5 KIT MDT
    Club256 D3 X HD3850 T2D R
    Chieftec GPS-450AA 450W ATX2

I was wondering what u guys think will be the highest fsb i can get this stable on.

and also what bios settings do i have to change to make the overclock easier?

what do i have to change with the ram speeds? i red somethings about it 1:1 and i dont understand **** about it, any help?

i heard somewere that the e4500 can get max 3.0/3.2 with default voltage.

what do u guys think how i would run crysis? with dx10 ( so i can imagine how good this pc is:p )

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  2. volcom

volcom Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX XXX 7900GTX @ 749/1927 VX2025VM
    LOL! I'm almost confused if your serious or not about running dx10 with that card.. dx10 would poo on it, to say the least. Read up overclocking guides and you'll be set.

3. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    What does expensible mean? Expendable? Expensive?

4. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    expensive :p

i couldnt get my finger on it how to spell it:p

but still how overclockable it this cpu?

5. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i see u never played a dx10 game on that card then :smoke:

6. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    i guess he's no ati fan^^

altough i never played on it either:p (still assembling it) but from the benchmarks i saw that it was almost the same as 8800gts 320 mb vram in crysis less and in some games even better.

i know my pc isnt topnotch but i figured that it was good enough to get along with new games (not settings high but good enough)

and if someone could give me very good advice and tells me precise how to overclock it and the mem then it i think it will be a pretty sweet pc.

iam no pro in this but this is just how i feel about it:p

tell me when iam wrong

7. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    To get back to your original post....

Your cpu is probably good for 3 GHZ or better.
    Your going to be raising the FSB to make this happen.
    Since your cpu multi is 11 you will need a FSB of 273 for 3.003 Ghz. 11x273= 3003
    Now you can try with all your voltages set to auto and raise the fsb to 273 to see if it boots. Or try something less like say 250 first. Set your ram multi to 1:1 for now, that means the ram will run at 546 MHZ you can change(raise) that later. You want to see what the cpu can do not the ram at least for now.
    You should disable all functions having to do with speed step and power saving ect. before you overclock.
    Check your bios settings for these.
    As far as wether your cpu will do 3GHZ at stock volts is iffy. Some will some won't Even 1.45vdc is safe as long as you load temps don't get too high. With the stock cooler 1.4vdc and 3GHZ is okay, beyond that the load temps may be too high.
    You may also find that you need to raise the FSB voltage as you raise the FSB so adding .1 or .2vdc is also very safe.
    I can't tell you specifics on your MB but thats a general way of OC'ing your system.
    Run orthos to see if your setup is stable then you can start to fine tune it for more performance.
    You asked about the 1:1 ram FSB thing, okay, you ram is rated at 800 (400x2) so you could have a FSB of 1600 (400x4) and run 1:1 ram:FSB.
    ram is double data rate the FSB is quad pumped....SEE?

8. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    the 3850 is faster than any DX9 card, so I'd say it's a good deal. It will play all games maxed except crysis.

9. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    i just played bioshock, call of juarez and oblivion all maxxed out on 1280x on stock speed!

so i dont think this is a bad pc at all:p

soon i will try the demo of crysis to see what my pc can handle:)

i love the 3850 cause its cheap and pretty fast:D

thx for the help of overclocking! i will see what i can do with it:)

10. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    The point people are getting at when commenting on his 3850 is that it only has 256mb of vram...and DX10 games hog vram like anything, my 640mb has stuttering due to vram sometimes running out, on Crysis @ 1680x1050 textures, particles, phyics and water very high with a mix of high's and mediums too..also some other games too, like Oblivion for example with high res texture mods.

But if your at a resolution of 1280x800 or 1280x1024 then you might be good to go if you lower the texture settings slightly, but I don't think you'll be flaunting AA or AF around any time soon...

HyBrId

p.s. I hope you understand the point i'm trying to make :)

11. as10o5

as10o5 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    Hello. I am still pretty new to all of this technology stuff but I've been reading a lot about many different hardware/computer components, especially because I exceeded my budget for my build and i did not meet my expectations. (mainly cause it's somewhat low-end).

You're bangin' the HD 3850. And with all that info you provided about that graphics accelerator, I am assuming it's the one with the 256 memory bus. And since you mentioned playing Crysis with all that excitement, I say don't get too happy. Crysis and pretty much most (if not all) of DX 10 games are pretty tough on the hardware. Right below this paragraph is the hardware setup that was used when testing high-end IQ video games.

EDIT: http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/472/9/

On the next page, you will find the first of several game titles, Crysis. Or use this link.

EDIT: http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/472/10/

Look at the graphs this article provides. It will show the FPS for different resolutions at different IQ settings.I would really suggest reading this article to fulfill your brain with much more information than you'll ever need.

As far as overclocking your processor and all from a 2.4 to a 3.0 or 3.2 or whatever you're aiming...i would say just do the research and you should be fine. I'll admit I'm a bit hesitant because I know I don't have a high-end cooler. my system is already at a fiery 51 degrees celsius at medium loads. =[ And I just bought a new heatsink/fan. I will tell you what you'll read in many overclocking guides which is to take your time and and go in small increments.

Good Luck with all that. I would like to see your machine prosper.

BTW, I think I read somewhere that even with triple crossfirex technology using 3 HD 3870s will still not be enough to run crysis with 2650X 1600 with a minimum of 20 FPS.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  12. E.S.C.O.R.T

E.S.C.O.R.T Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800gts 512oc 800/2000/2100
    had my friends 4500 at 3.2 stable with about 1.45-1.475v :)

13. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    crysis @ stock speeds

all settings very High with 1024x runs like a charm

i know the resolution isnt that high but it looks Wow.

omg the sights are too amazing, just beautifull

14. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    Okay ya, Crysis is nice but what happened to your cpu overclock?

15. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    i need a program so i can see my cpu temps

i have it running @ 2.8 atm on 1.35v but iam curious what my new temps are when the cpu gets stressed

when i run prime95 a huge fan kicks in but i wonder what the temps are

on idle in bios the temp changed 1 degree from 35 to 36

what temp should i expect and what is normal in stress

Last edited: Dec 13, 2007

16. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    everest I believe you can use as well as a multitude of programs that can be found on google.

17. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    Temps keep hanging around 40 C.

atm iam running at 2.8 @ 1.3v but when i try 3.0 and run prime i get an error message for the 2nd core. i tried raising the voltage to 1.4v and the error comes a bit later but still after 5-10 min.

is this the limit for my e4500?