It's true. 8800GTS is a perfect Quadro now (3DSMAX9 ONLY!!!)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Bluefirexp, Apr 11, 2007.

1. blade9722

blade9722 New Member

Actually, IMHO if the performance gain is so low it's better to keep the card unmodded.

2. okmijun

okmijun Member

GPU:
    MSI 7900GTO
    He says "OK, you little CPU, let me show you how powerfull I WILL BE", says GPU???
    'til MAX 11 nothing about that, forget it
    you will speed up just viewport acceleration

3. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Or you can try Gelatoâ„¢. Some people say it's a very good renderer with decent speed improvements over the standard Max renderer. But if you do that, don't forget to use unmodded drivers since the Maxtreme modding described in this thread totally distroys OpenGL performance and Gelato uses OpenGL for rendering acceleration.

4. Methadras

Methadras New Member

i don't care about performance per se... i just want to be able to turn an 8800 gtx or 8800 ultra into a quadro... i primarily use solidworks, pro-e, alias, maya, and a couple of other pro-end tools and would love the opengl capability and being able to not spend couple of thousand dollars just to have the privilege of using a quadro based g80 card... there has to be a way to convert a g80 into a quadro to unlock those other features... they are there, so therefore there must be a way to get to them...

5. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    You can't turn a 8800 GTS, GTX or Ultra into a quadro. You can only patch the drivers in order to install the 3DSMax9 Maxtreme D3D driver and by doing so, you will totally hurt OpenGL performance and stability in other applications that use OpenGL instead of Direct3D.
    Since you use mainly OpenGL applications, either buy a Quadro on eBay (Quadro FX 560, 1500 or 3500) or learn to live with a gaming card level performance in your OpenGL pro apps.
    **** The patch that people talk about in this thread is for 3DSMax9 + Maxtreme D3D ONLY!!! ***

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  6. okmijun

okmijun Member

GPU:
    MSI 7900GTO
    Did somebody try this mode with RT 2.03?
    It supports XP x64, so it should work?

7. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    It won't work since this mod is based on a driver patch, and those do not exist for XP x64.

8. Xoliul

Xoliul New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS
    Somebody tell me, should I be sad because I'm using Vista 64 ? Seemed like a good idea with Max and Vray being 64bit and with my 4Gb ram, but this softmod not being possible makes me doubt?
    Not that sure if i need the Quadro benefits anyway, but this pc is supposed to be a workstation anyway. Though i've been doing more gaming than work lately :x

9. niclights

niclights Active Member

You should not be sad for this reason. As Alec keeps saying the mod really isn't worth it even without counting the horrible OGL side-effects. If you have large enough models to need workstation performance then buy real Quadro.

10. algosuk

algosuk New Member

11. USlatin

USlatin New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTS 640MB @ 600/1000
    Hey guys!

First post in this forum. I couldn't hold back I had to talk to you guys... Good going on flashing the Geforces over to Quadros!

I need to do this too... I really don't care too much as to which one I just need the best possible Geforce that can be flashed to the best possible Quadro but for OpenGL for AVID Xpress Pro.

I heard the 8800 GTX is the exact hardware match to the FX 4600, but Bluefire seems to have proven it is the 640MB GTS that turn to the 4600... I have the 640MB GTS right now but if the OpenGL doesn't "work" then I need to keep looking.

So basically my question to you guys is where to look. If you know of any threads I'd GREATLY appreciate it!

12. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    yeah, right, we know how to flash bios to make quadro 4600 from gf8800 and keeping the seecret :DDD

13. USlatin

USlatin New Member

GPU:
    :(

you are gonna make me cry

EDIT: I need to take a look at this thread again tomorrow and hopefully I can figure it out myself once I am fresh, but right now I am not getting it... also this will be my first video card flash! :)
    I didn't know about this till not too long ago but I did hear about people flashing them with higher core and memory speeds so they boot at the OC's instead of running Riva after boot up like everyone else does, me included

great going guys!
    I hope I can figure this out from this thread and possibly others threads if I can find some that deal with other cards like the GTX...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  14. USlatin

USlatin New Member

GPU:
    :bang:

EDIT: I guess next time I should read more carefully before getting exited about something I haven't done before :)

15. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    i choose ati HD2900 and mod it to firegl

16. USlatin

USlatin New Member

GPU:
    so that would work just like the ATI cards used for video editing?

it might be a problem though that it is an ATI because I read some random posts about sticking to Nvidia with AVID... I am just learning it but it does seem to e very finicky as to the hardware it chooses to recognize

17. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    no, it won't work at all! :D search before asking, don't be narrow minded yankee ;) this thread is about 8800gts 3dsmax and d3d/maxtreme

18. USlatin

USlatin New Member

GPU:
    hey hey there... you are being narrow minded in thinking that I am narrow minded :) I am simply new to this whole Quadro stuff since I have not worked with software that needed it, and being exposed to only flashing for OCing I had no clue... and it is because I don't want to be narrow minded that I am asking :)

19. juodvarnis

juodvarnis Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    it's ok, but everythink was written earlier, so you just need to serch instead of asking it over again. good luck in searching ;)

20. USlatin

USlatin New Member

GPU:
    yea... I missed a ton of info hence the :bang:

I should go to sleep and re-read in the morning...

thank you for the warm welcome though!!!
    please feel free to post any links that you think might be pertinent so I can avoid being the "narrow minded yankee"........