Need For Speed: Prostreet + ATI X1950XT

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by And1945, Nov 16, 2007.

1. And1945

And1945 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT 256
    Hi.

Im running some elderly drivers from ATI, since I found many of the new drivers not quite so good, as some of the old ones. Im running 6.14 to be exact, or that is what dxdiag tells me.

I experience ... HUGE lag in need for speed prostreet, while Crysis is running fine as long as I dont enable AA, that makes it all screwy. Greenish slur and flashing.

Is it time to update my drivers? In that case, what version would be optimal?

Thanks in advance.

2. CoffinDancer

CoffinDancer Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950 Pro PCIe 512mb
    i'm still running the 7.8's, no discernable lag for me.

i've got a slower cpu and the same amount of ram - albeit pc3200 - and it runs fine for me.

only problem i'm having is the realistic lugging of my G25 wheel, which i kinda enjoy fighting with!! :)

gl,hf
    CD

3. roehunter1

roehunter1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512
    I tried the demo and it ran horribly on my system . Even if I lowered the settings down all the way it would still lag pretty bad. Havent tried with the new 7.11's though.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Set CPU affinity to only one core for nfs.exe. Really not something that you'd expect to do for game released in year 2007...

5. kalniel

kalniel Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    Do you really mean 'lag' - ie a delay between your input and the reactions or delayed multiplayer updates? Or just bad framerates?

I have an x1950xt and the framerates are great using cat 7.10 - the demo at least runs pretty smoothly. However there is some lag on my input commands that makes the game less than enjoyable. I'll have to try the affinity tweak later.

6. demonoR

demonoR New Member

I have radeon x1650pro and i got same problem nfsp lags really extremely, im playing hellgate london, and it works fine for me, what can be wrong? Now i reinstalled new drivers, and nfsp dont even launch, and hellgate writes that my card dont support pixel shaders..

7. mastabog

mastabog Member

GPU:
    PowerColor X1950XT 256MB
    I have the exact same problem!

I own an x1950xt (powercolor) and a core 2 duo @ 3.2 GHz, 2 GB DDR2 @ 900MHz.

NFS Carbon flies at 1440x900 with everything on max (and with 2xAA, 4xAF or even higher) while NFS Prostreet barely moves at 1280x800 with almost everything on low (and no aa, no af, etc)... if i put the visuals on medium then it moves like a bloody slideshow ... 1-2 fps.

Some people seem to run it just fine with slower video cards. Something is definitely wrong with this game and the one core affinity trick did not help me :(. Any other suggestions?

I tried the Catalyst 7.10 and 7.11 beta (clean installs, etc) ... no change at all. Anyone running it fine on a x1950xt? Maybe other drivers?

Help ...

8. kalniel

kalniel Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt 256mb
    Cooeee! Read my post :nerd: :p

9. roehunter1

roehunter1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512
    Ok Ok not lag , but real bad framerate.

10. mastabog

mastabog Member

GPU:
    PowerColor X1950XT 256MB
    i did, not much help though ... i think i'm giving up on this game until the first patch. there are a lot of people reporting this bad framerate problem.

11. shady86

shady86 Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 260 Sonic
    I can run this game at medium settings. Using Catalyst 7.11. I notice this game utilize both cores up to 100%. My frames are around 30 to 40.

12. BlueStinger

BlueStinger Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon X1950XT 256mb
    Lag basically means 'failing to keep up' meaning it's a perfectly acceptable word to use regarding poor framerates;)

13. roehunter1

roehunter1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512
    Got the full game , still runs like a$$. I hope 2 3870's will help it out.

14. Xaviour

Xaviour New Member

Game Pauses

I'm haveing problems with the game pausing for a brief second while playing. I installed the Dual Core Optimizer and seen no differance. Actually think it plays better without it. I use FRAPS to watch the framerate and average from 30's to low 70's at 1280x768 and everything in Low detail and no AA. I think I should be able to run everything Maxed out with these 2 7600's in SLI.
    Any help would be appreciated!

AMD X2 6000
    Asus M2N4-SLI
    3Gig Ram 800mzh
    (2) BFG 7600 GT OC in SLI

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  15. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    Its just those freak games that are focused on consoles and then horribly slapped together for PC users.

I've heard that anything below a 8800GTX (and some dual7950) struggles with the game. I can run this somewhat playable at 1024x768 with medium car detail, smoke on, world detail all set to LOW and shadows off.

Frankly NFS-MW looks better than PS at those settings, and is more fun and runs smoothly. Hope next NFS will be improved.

16. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 8800 GTS 512 760C/1900S/2100R
    Runs fine with everything maxed out for me, but I don't care, the game sucks donkey balls. Uninstalled it after 2 hours playing, very bad handling ****ty soundtrack and the "story" is so retarded, I don't find words for this crap that can fully explain how bad it is. Really don't understand why somebody tries to get it running anyway. The Need for Speed series gets worse everytime a new title comes out. I know this post won't help you but the game is so disgusting that I had to write these lines.

17. roehunter1

roehunter1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512

LOL From playing the demo I was kind of getting a bad vibe off of it.

18. Renzeko

Renzeko Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 570 1.2GB
    I think it might just be me, but the game programmers are getting lazier and lazier, the games are so poorly coded and optimized, like, look at Flatout 2, that ran amazingly on an X300, yet, this game, with about the same graphics runs liek crap from what Ive heard. For shame, its the same with Crysis and all those other games, they SHOULD be able to run on a X1300 just fine, but nooooo, those programmers gota watch Star Trek or some kinda ****... Lazy ass bastards..

19. mastabog

mastabog Member

GPU:
    PowerColor X1950XT 256MB
  20. roehunter1

roehunter1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 512
    I remember when I first started playing Carbon , the whole way through it just felt jerky even thought the framerate showed different.

Pro Street would not work with my 2900xt well at all(low framerate). I just received my 2 3870's . Crossfire doesn't work with Pro Street , but with just one card it runs alot better than my 2900xt did. Game does kind of blow . The announcer guys voice gets on my nerves.