The Guru3D Crysis thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    LOL! One thing I would recommend is going to 4gb mem for Vista. Makes a difference, especially gaming.

2. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    waiting...
    yeah at 40 quid for 2 gig who can complain, I'd have gone 64 bit vista if they had any in the shop, and I've already had a raptor 150 in my shopping basket today but managed to reign myself back in. I did notice crysis demo sucked a bit on my system so glad i went dual boot:)

3. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    Community Update – Crysis Patch #1!

Today we have got a little update on our upcoming Crysis Patch #1 for you. Even though there is no final change log available at the moment since the patch is still work in progress we would like to give you a rough overview what kind of issues are being addressed.

Crysis Patch #1 – General Content

First of all we don’t have set a release date for the patch yet. We are still working on it, but we are very confident that the patch will be out right after it has been verified and checked for stability. We will let you know immediately once we have more specific information on this for you.

As for the content it self, the patch is going to address following categories:

Overall Performance
    Adjustments to LAW and Grenade balance in multiplayer

Please keep in mind this is not a major patch to the game, but more an update on performance and some Multiplayer tweaks that have been requested by the community.

Pre-Order/Special Edition Exclusive Vehicle (Amphibious APC) – Online Issues

A few of the people who got access to the Amphibious APC wonder why they are not able to purchase that vehicle in one of the factories. This is related to the fact that the dedicated server need to be logged into Gamespy to allow people who purchased the pre-order/SE version of Crysis to buy the vehicle ingame.

We already informed most of the server hosting companies about that and we recommend everyone who is setting up a dedicated server to read the Official Dedicated Server Documentation 1.2

Weapon Sound loop – Workaround!

Some committed community members found out a temporary workaround for the sound looping bug that occurs in some multiplayer sessions. In the case you experience this bug please follow this instructions:

Open console and type in “con_restricted 0” (without “”).
    Type in “s_soundenable 0” (without “”) to disable sound completely.
    Type in “s_soundenable 1” (without “”) to enable sound again.

So whenever this bug occurs just follow the steps above and the bug should be gone. Crytek is also trying to solve that problem once we are able to reproduce it in-house.

Thanks to these members for finding this workaround!

-Crysis Dev Team

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=12343

4. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Sounds good. No IQ boost but the game already looks great ane I guess we cant' expect much from EA. I just hope the performance boost makes a differrence and is not just BS.

5. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    trying it in XP now
    does any one have the lighting shadow script mods for XP to mimic DX10?

6. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    trying what in XP now? the prerelease of the patch?

share share share share share share share share share

7. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    No, the engine is fine. They said a million times already that the game will not run smoothly on todays hardware. Stop whining already.

8. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    1-2 fps on snow after get out of alien base...hmm that is nonsense, cool they make game that will run in next year NICE maybe all game studios should make unplayable games on current gen...

9. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    If a game will not run well on today's hardware then why the **** do you release it today? WTF? Also this patch is lame as hell. Nothing worth noting...Reckoning fix. WHERE. ARE. YOU?

10. fcabal_

fcabal_ Member Guru

GPU:
    NX8800GTX 768MB w/ Dell 2407WFP
    That's exactly the point I wanted to put on the other thread.

If no current HW can handle Crysis, why Crytek release it now???

I stop playing Crysis because of this and since no new GFX will be available soon I prefer to play UT3 an GOW.

I hope I would play Crysis soon.

11. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    same i leave crysis on snow stage, enough is enough...ut3 will rock this year !

12. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB @580Mhz
    How do you access your screenshots of Crysis? Can someone give me a direct link? Also, is there any other way to take a screenshot without using teh pntscreen button? J/W.

And yea, for all the people b*tching about it. I am playing the game on all High with 2x AA except for Shadows and Sound on Medium and this game still looks damn good and I get no stuttering what so ever on my rig. Best sound effects and graphics I have ever seen and it runs a lot better than I thought it would, especially at stock settings.

13. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Press F12 to take a screenshot. It's default location is:

XP: My Documents --> My Games --> Crysis --> Screenshots
    [​IMG]

Vista: Your User Name --> Documents --> My Games --> Crysis --> Screenshots

14. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB @580Mhz
    Thanks for the help.

15. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    No problem... ;)

16. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... people are STILL whining about Crysis's performance? UT3 will NOT rock this year. Yes, it's fun.... but it still just seems like a patched UT2k4 with prettier graphics and new vehicles.

Can't stand when people complain about a game's performance just because of the sole fact that they can't max it out with all the AA they want at whatever resolution they want and not have a single hiccup in the game... getting a constant framerate of over 40-50 *cough*CoD4 and UT3*cough*. What's the point of releasing a game that maxes out to the utter limits of current-gen hardware, and provides next to no possibility for improvement with future hardware besides increasing the framerate a tad? I'd rather have a game that, yes, graphics settings have to be sacrificed here and there (although not nearly as much as some think... except for the snow part), but when new hardware is released, i can play through the game with more detail and better effects than before.

As for the snow part..... were you expecting it NOT to bring performance to a standstill? i mean.... snow... + soft particles... + a sh*tload of trees and rocks.....

17. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Just finished the game....i think it was the BEST FPS I have ever played. It all came together so well and was defiantly worth the wait.

I usually don't care to much about graphics, but the CryEngine2 defiantly made this game what it is. A masterpiece. The lighting, effect, physics, character animation were all superbly used in the game. I played it 1680x1050 with everything on high except for shadows and post process slightly tweaked. Yeah sure, I never went above 40 FPS and even dipped down to 20 here and there but it was so ENGROSSING you didn't hardly ever notice.

For all of you complaining about performance, dial a few things down and give it another go and don't just sit there and ogle at the graphics, PLAY THE GAME.

18. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    my dear boys, this is how you play crysis

[​IMG]

19. WCASD

WCASD Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    Wait a minute could somebody explain to me how Power Struggle works?
    No nano-suiters runnign around, right? Sort of like Battlefield-esque?

20. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    everybody is a nanosuiter, the maps are just big enough to discourage it (mostly)

Power Struggle revolves around a few things

2 teams, with headquarters. Main goal: Destroy enemy headquarters. Do this by:

Capturing frontline immobile bunkers to reinforce

Capture warfactories to purchase armored units

Capture any of three energy sites WHILE having control of the single prototype facility.

Holding any energy sites + the prototype facility gives your team an energy income. Once it reaches 50%, your team can purchase the alien weapons (MOAC and MOAR, chaingun) from the prototype facility. Once it reaches 100%, your team can purchase handheld nuke launchers and nuclear tanks. Nukes are the only weapons capable of damaging the enemy HQ.

You can only purchase items from points in which your team is in control.

It's like a cross between typical Battlefield play and UT's Warfare.

Bunkers can be captured from any location on the ground (IE air units cannot capture bunkers)

Energy Sites can be captured by anything within range

Warfactories, Naval Bases, Prototype Facilities can only be captured from inside (infantry only)

Each enemy base is surrounded by anti-air and anti-ground turrets which can be damaged from heavy ordnance only (shoulder-fired missile launchers, air-to-surface missiles/rockets, nukes, and main tank guns)

Most maps don't require the destruction of any turrets as a well-placed nuke can simply bypass their firing zones.

Killing enemies, turrets, and capturing any points gives you points. These points are what you use to buy anything from ammo to Heavy Singularity Tanks. The more you capture/kill, the higher your "rank". Your rank denotes the minimum value of points you will spawn with (IE, if you are lvl 5 you spawn with *at least* 500 points to spend every time you die, no matter how few you had before dying)

So if you're rank is way up you can spawn with 750 points and immediately buy a TAC nuclear battletank, regardless. Keeps games from stalemating very easily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.