NFS Prostreet Stutering!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Archer8600GT, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Archer8600GT

Archer8600GT Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 550Ti GTX 1GB
    @Haze : Sorry that is abit confusing i have 1.5gb memory, im getting a 1gb stick end of month so ill have 2Gb in totally, hopefully it will improve things!

@Aus_power : Thanks for the tip, my card isnt overclocked so ill see if overclocking does anything!

EDIT : @Makler : tried what you said still stuttered to hell added 1gb memory to have total of 2GB, still the same.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  2. ajua

ajua Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    try overclocking you CPU to see if it doesn't stutter.
    you also can try a fresh install of windows. maybe you have had it for too long with a reformat. this can lead performance issues...

3. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    i'm my experience
    stuttering also comes from the cpu
    oc that mother

4. pysik

pysik Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 460 OC 1Gb
    most retarted **** happened here, it was stuttering a bit here at every setting i tried, so i put everything to the lowest and at 800x600 and it was worse then when it was on high, most likely due to my cpu. so i put everything back and it went back to its old stuttering but less then the low setting. so my guess its very cpu dependent, so try overclocking it, and imma go and overclock mine a little bit more see if it helps have fun

5. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Well, I had the same problem the game almost stopped for 1sec, every 10sec, with an opty 148 clocked at 3GHz, all I have done was buy this x2 3800+, and even at default clock (2ghz) the stuttering was all gone, and this with the same drivers on vga, board, etc...

So it must be from the cpu.

6. ///MoH

///MoH Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Zalman
    No problems here and on my friends AMD Athlon64 3200+ and 6600GT rig

7. Philip_J_Fry

Philip_J_Fry New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 512 (G92)
    yeah i have the same problem in vista, i went back to XP and it was solved ....

nv needs to get better vista x64 driver out

8. .borbs

.borbs Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB 700/1730/1000
    I had this too in the demo! It must be a driver issue...Havent tried the full game. Im running windows xp 32bit.

Im wondering, isnt there a dual core fix for intel cpus? This problem is similar to some problems i had with my dual core opteron wich were fixed by installing a driver from amd? Is there such thing for intel cpus?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Most likely its your cpu , the game its very cpu dependant also , no problems here playing at 1680/1050 Max out with all eye candy. Try overlocking the cpu around 4.0 that should help.

chispy.

10. .borbs

.borbs Member

GPU:
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2007

11. .borbs

.borbs Member

GPU:
    There's no way its because of the cpu speed...thats pretty lame coming from an ancient guru :hatty:...just kidding

My brother has an amd 3800+ default + x1950pro and it doesnt stutter! This is driver related or maybe that fix i posted might fix it. I dont have the game or demo to try...

12. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    Only 19 fps here on max settings with 2xaa @ 1024x1280 xp and fw 169.09
    :wanker:

Not much difference between high and low setting (5fps)

13. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    I guess its the driver...I use 169.12s and it runs ok but it stutters sometimes for no reason but as far as I know its also the game. In most of the reviews Ive read they said it stutters sometimes no matter how good you system is.
    Oh and not to mention I did a format before installing because Vista slows down soo much and fast even if you`re not doing a thing....

14. !nfern0

!nfern0 Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForce 7600GS(@560/1620)
    well,all the people in here has got the same problem with me,but there still isn't a proper solution for that is it :)try lowering the sound quality and open both vsync and triple buffering and see if it helps for you..my cpu is o/c'ed from 2500+ to 3200+..i've been using it for a really long time and i've never experienced with a problem,but if i raise the vcore a bit,i think that'd be helpful for the stuttering if its really because of the cpu..

15. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    I had found something out.
    Im in this raceday-menu with the cars, dj and the girls.
    Then i got 19 fps...
    I alt-tab out and set the nfs.exe to cpu 1 and disable 0 with the taskmanger.
    Then i alt-tab again into the game and got 28 fps-
    I alt-tab out again and disable cpu 0 and enable cpu 1, switch back and got the same fps(28).
    Then in alt-tab again and enable both cores, 0 and 1 and switched back got 54 fps and in races 39 to 120...
    What the heck is this?
    I had installed the microsoft dual core patch and also the amd dual core optimizer but it seems the game do something wrong with the 2 cores of my cpu.

Anyone other can try and confirm this?
    It really works only this way in my case, alt-tabbing 3 times does nothing.

Also can anybody who run the game smooth post the specs (FW-version etc.)
    XP and AMD only please.

Sry for my english, i hope you understand what i mean. :nerd:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007

16. .borbs

.borbs Member

GPU:

Works for me too, no more stuttering...hard to believe a game release nowadays doesnt have proper multicore support!

17. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
    hey guys, where do you actually turn those values to 1 from 0???? do you do it in windows? if so than where:) Im using vista home premium 32 bit, im using a quadcore so if there is a way to utilise it better I would be grateful

18. .borbs

.borbs Member

GPU:
    I do that in windows xp but i think its possible in vista too. with the game running press alt+tab and open the task manager. Go to to the game process, right click->affinity and choose only 1 core.

19. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I tried the demo, and the game sucked very very much!
    What a piece of junk!

20. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    play with the bump camera and the stuttering will go away.