Nvidia forceware driver 169.09 XP and Vista OUT (Crysis driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by StreeTunder, Nov 13, 2007.

1. aleicgrant

aleicgrant Active Member

running 1920 x 1080

Ran the same during the MP beta and was getting 25 to 30 easy with everything on very high. So why the heck is the single player only giving me 5pfps max.

I did put the crysis64.exe in the nhancer but is that all I have to do. Would love to see a walk through with pics on how to set up the nhancer.

2. dsgreen30

dsgreen30 Member

GPU:
    2 AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    So, I see the back and forth here, and basically for me with 169.09 drivers installed, Crysis is barely playable...the framerate is horrible.

Basic question, and not sure it can be answered...but what would be the absolute best driver to try to run Crysis on? I don't want to install and uninstalled dozens of drivers........if I can help it.

:puke3:

3. aleicgrant

aleicgrant Active Member

which one should I use

since I am running 64bit vista ultimate, should I choose that exe to run the game. It never seems to launch. If I use the regular crysis.exe in the 64bit folder it runs????

WTF

4. aleicgrant

aleicgrant Active Member

what I dont understand is why the MP ran fairly well and this single player suck butt even with a high end machine !!!!

something stinks in suburbia

5. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    Same here m8 ^^
    I sold my 8800GTS 320mo last week. Using a crappy GeForce FX 5200 atm :bang:
    8800GT SLI on the way, tomorrow morning if everything is fine... A very good weekend is comming :rock:

6. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    No no your getting it wrong , use nHancer to load the "Crysis64bit.exe" in the Crysis profile available in nHancer...
    It wont run , if u try running it directly it wont work..
    Once loaded , then just run the Crysis.exe in the 64bit folder.. (file size is 9mb , I think)

7. Kriechbaum

Kriechbaum Active Member

GPU:
    GForce 8800 GTX SLI (Leadtek)
    do not hope to play with sli working, it doesn't work.

i am running on xp pro 32bits system, and i made a fresh reinstall of my system with this new drivers. Nothing changes. without SLi 27 fps, with SLi = 29 fps, yes it works, but so bad.......

same problem as that guy, on HIGH details, not VERY HIGH.

http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?showtopic=10674

8. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    Im getting the same performance on High and Very High , so strange bearly changes FPS !!

Like during normal action 20FPS is not what I call performance on normal settings..
    I not using AA and Im not running beyond 1280x720 !!!

This is beyond insane ....
    Atfirst I was a bit pleased but then after wondering around , performance tends to degrade...
    I cant even play the game..
    Im going to try XP now...

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    169.09 are the very best for crysis m8, i have tried all of them starting from 163.71 till 169.09 and the best drivers at least for me are the 169.09 been running Crysis perfectly and all my games are running top, also as you could see from my screenshot in the previous page i have gained some 300 points in 3dmark06.

in the end drivers are subjective m8 the 169.09 works for me 100% but it ain't no guarantee that it will work for you, having the latest drivers is not a requirement unless you cannot play the game properly or have bugs, so if previous drivers work for you then stick with them no big loss, but personally 169.09 are ace. ;) good luck

10. 69sabb

69sabb Banned

just glad i didnt buy into the C2D and stuck with my opteron ,cause it runs crysis the same as your guys high priced processors very badly.

11. dsgreen30

dsgreen30 Member

GPU:
    2 AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    Actually that isn't really a factor. Plus C2D rocks that Opteron into the dirt. :smoke:

And don't call me an Intel Fanboy, cause all I used to buy were AMD chips.

12. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Lul, I'm done with this game. A FPS game where you got FPS trubble at whatever settings you put is pathetic, how will Multipplayer turn out if you run around lagging in single player with 20-25 fps..

Kinda amazing that in the options you can click the "optimize settings for my system" and then it puts all on max, with all the bling bling and you end up with <10 fps haha. :beam:

13. dsgreen30

dsgreen30 Member

GPU:
    2 AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    Agreed, I've decided to shelve it, and not bother with it until I hear a patch is out that fixes these issues. The Orange Box and every other new title I have run fine, so I know it is all Crysis.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    169.04 Demo GPU benchmark XP Very high 1600x1200
    25.4 FPS avg 3rd run

169.09 Retail GPU benchmark XP Very high 1600x1200
    37.5 FPS avg 3rd run

Impressed!! Nice finaly playable without stutter at all on very high. Will compare Vista later but no doubt it will be about 5-10 fps less than XP. (in demo it was 25.4XP vs 20.2Vista)

Don't know how demo vs retail GPU benchmark is accurate, but massive increase so happy :D

3.7ghz core duo, 8800 ultra 679/1179

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  15. Benamin

Benamin Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800 gtx/Samsung 226bw
    Just trial and error while overclocking my card. All memory has an error rate. The higher the speed the more errors. I think DX10 is less tolerant to these errors and an overclock on the memory has to be rock solid stable.

Just my opinion but worked for me and mine.

Not sure about your hitching cause I am not having that problem.

Benamin:cheers:

16. Benamin

Benamin Member Guru

GPU:
    By the way,
    Just got my retail game last night. I love this game.

running 169.09 on Vista 32 1680x1050 noAA

mostly very high ,shadows medium

motionblur off

I seem to average around 35fps. Those God beams are just awesome to look at!

Oh Ya, for you X-FI owners out there. Sound setting on very high still only sets for 64 channels where as we can handle 128, add command s_maxchannels=128.:approval:

sounds much better on a 5.1 surround or cmss-3d headphones.

Benamin

17. Benamin

Benamin Member Guru

GPU:

OOPS! I was talking about Crysis by the way!

18. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI

LOL, who thought you meant BF2 or something else ? :D I didn't even reflect you missed pointing out game..lol...crysis ofcourse

19. Warboy

Warboy Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 2080 Ti
    Nvidia cheats with these driver, its sorta like 169.04 but worse. If you look around the Mine enterance, In the trench, If you move though it then move away, You can see a glass effect on surfaces and some sinking effects on the textures on the ground for some reason.

20. telephriend

telephriend Member

GPU:
    Geforce 7800GT 256
    8600gt

i just pushed my msi 8600gt to 650/1680/920 and im wondering if anyone else has anything simular or higher. temps are abnormally low too.... 62C max