COD 4 Multiplayer is a joke

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by yelsewshane, Nov 16, 2007.

1. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    1. You can see where ne1 is on the map if they fire 1 shot
    2. You can after being killed watch which direction they are heading on replay
    3. You cant join someone with a ip to ip address connection
    4. Your char is not saved server side so if you ever do make general rank and not cheat like alot do useing the tsearch bs then your screwed and must start over.
    5. Don't have ability to have different crosshairs and can't hit the broad side of a barn unless you scope in.
    6. some of the death abilities are just crazy so someone kills you and you auto drop a grenade or get the ability to fire off a few shots from a pistol! oh cmon
    7. You can kill people thru walls

anyways the multiplayer is trash and very disapointed.

and there is more just pissed I wasted 55.00 bucks on this game when I had this game and crysis in my hand and chose this bs game grrr oh ya and nope sorry no returns on software. Another reason I result to bit torrent's for well no saying.

2. Rabid Squirrel

Rabid Squirrel Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 @ stock
    did you really register just to say that?

wow.

3. kon990

kon990 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800 GT Superclocked
    Yeah really. You do know that there is a solid counter argument for every point you made right?

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

5. Chesty_Puller

Chesty_Puller Member Guru

For a console FPS it's great. For the PC this isn't going to cut it. They have around 2 maps that actually support 32 player that isn't just a spam fest of grenades. No global stats is pretty sad and the achievements are not really that complex compared to the standard which is the battlefield series. They could fix all the issues on the PC version quite easily and throw in some proper map support for the PC multiplayer limit but I wouldn't hold my breath. This is clearly a well optimized console designed game but unless they fix it once you've played for a few hours you'll grow tired of it and will not have any long lasting appeal like the battlfield series has done.

6. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o

1. you can to in cs source, no actualy can hear people where they shoot from to
    2. Big deal enemy probaly knowns that to and hide's right away somewhere else un expected
    3. add able with l8r patch could sugest it on cod4 forums
    5. good thing i dont have 1 in reality
    6. shoot them in the head
    7. you cant see people thru walls pure luck skill

if going rate games like cod4
    you would have rated crysis just the same.
    stop focusing on badd stuff.
    and on good stuff also otherwise reviewers would rate each game 0/10
    you might actualy the enjoy the game more.

besides everything is patch able and balanceable.
    a next patch comes out for example sudenly cant shoot thru walls anymore
    or option to open up console /connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and join friends game.
    or better able to make friend list and right click friend join game.

7. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I find the multplayer very, very fun. The only multiplayer game that has pulled me from FEAR. I have yet to play Crysis multi, but will finish single player first.

8. mofo65

mofo65 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GX2 SSC 715/2200

To join by IP address hit your tilda key "~" to bring up the console, and type "connect" then a space, then the IP only, no port.

9. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    The creator of this thread doesn't know what he's talking about, it's a GREAT game.

I just can't stop playing it. My previous favorite game was America's Army, and now I think it's both CoD4 and AA.

Crysis, I have it, and I did not really like multiplayer all that much. Single player was alright.

10. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    1. Think of it as showing direction from where shots came from. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt there a perk to hide you from radar.
    5. Thats what Iron sights/red dots are for. Shooting from hip is almost never accurate. Again a perk to help you shoot better from hip is available.
    6. It helps to keep game balanced. Very Unique.
    7. Bullets do go thru walls.

Not the best online game, but its very fun and something different from BF2 and CSS.

11. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV

hehe had to chuckle..

Anways In answer to your questions...

1) Sounds, Observation is the key to Success, level up and get your self a UAV jammer perk ;)

2) Kill Cam on, just join a server with it off or close your eyes :D or ask the admin to turn it off.

3) /connect feature has already been described by some one..

4) Cant fully understand this one, English?

5) Dynamic crosshair is great get used to it, to tighten your group adopt the prone or kneeling position, you will also notice your crosshair gets smaller. Also use your iron sights.

6) Martyrdom and last stand are perks, in reality this would happen. I love the Martyrdom perk, catches every one out :D .

7) Are you saying that shooting through walls is not normal, do a stint in the forces and then tell me you cant shoot through walls ;)

Not sure what background you come from or what your last game was, you did the right thing picking COD4 over Crysis... If you want to sell COD4 then keep posting like you are and then when your post count goes up a little you can see the for sale Forum ;)

Lighten up man, this is the best game on the market and the MP side of things has more to offer then any other MP game.. No pleasing some people..

12. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I think you are a joke !

13. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    The game is awsome. SP is really great, mutliplayer is good, not great but good.

14. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Well, I've got to say that I my not know anything about the game but I can see his side of the argument.

1. I was thinking of the minimap when I read this, assuming there is one. If a random person shoots and no one is looking at him then I don't understand why he would show up. Perhaps I am just thinking about this wrong though.

2. Think Counter-Strike on this one. Sure, in Counter-Strike they have the option to view only your players, but that doesn't really matter. The fact is, if you can go watch people after you are dead then you ruin the art of hiding. This is a big problem when it comes to snipers, not so much for anyone else. If you can turn off the "death cam" in the game then he doesn't really have an argument for this though.

3. I don't see why this is really an issue anyways. Seems more like an annoyance than a real problem.

4. I don't understand too much on this one either, but I feel that he is saying if you make it to General Rank but then wipe out you HDD then you have to start all over. That would be a real bummer IMO, especially if you have unlockables.

5. Again, I'm thinking Counter-Strike on this one. If anyone remembers anything about the AWP then you'd know that not only is it highly inaccurate when not zoomed in, but that it also does less damage when not zoomed in. The latter doesn't seem to be what he is complaining about, but I am just pointing out how it is in CS. The way I see it with not being zoomed is this. If you have a crosshair on a target, then you should have the same accuracy regardless of how the weapon is being held. To me it seems that you'd have more of a recoil problem or aiming problem than actual accuracy problems once the gun has been fired. Shooting while standing up and/or moving is b far the most inaccurate way of shooting. But as I said, if the crosshair is on the target, then the accuracy should be the same. If the crosshair moved as you moved, breathed, etc.. then the inaccuracies would be fine.

6. This sound more like a personal opinion than anything else. I can't say as to how much this happens in real life, but it does happen. It might suck for you in the game, but it'd be a lot worse in real life.

7. Unless you are standing behind a steel, brick, or bulletproof wall then I don't see how this argument holds up. Do you think your house would stand up to a barrage of bullets? That the inside of your house would be in perfect order and only the exterior of the house would be damaged? You're very naive if you think that's how it works. Even with the steel/brick walls, certain bullets can still pass through. These would likely include armor piercing bullets and things like .50 cal shots. Get over it.

15. MrFox

MrFox Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 580GTX SOC x2
    4. Has just been fixed with a patch :)

16. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Love Patches, big one coming to PS3 very soon :)

17. Skope_nz

Skope_nz Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 280@702Mhz
    Cod4 multiplayer is wicked, alot better than i expected. maps are a tad to small for my style. but overall its good. Its just a shame i suck :D

18. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC
    multiplayer cannot beat UT3's... COD4 is a joke...@ least to me... gameplay sux balls... i feel like a noob running around in COD....reminds me of Halo and CS... gameplay suck...

I touched Halo, CS, COD once and never touch them again.... sorry.. these games just suck in my opinion... UT owns all FPS games

19. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You have miss-read it, in CoD4 when you are killed, there is an option (on by default) that shows a killcam. This ONLY shows the point (a couple of seconds before, and a second or so after) where you have been killed. It is a great learning tactic for 'not so good' players, and allows you to see how better players play. This can obviously give their position away if the enemy was sniping, but so can the red dot shot indicator on the map. With my headphones i can also pinpoint a shooter when they have fired a couple of times.
    When dead, you CAN NOT view the other teams players and what they are doing or where they are. You can ONLY view your own team members.

I think that CoD4 is excellent, and if you have liked CoD2 MP, then you will LOVE this one. You cant compare it to BF2, or GRAW2 MP as its a different style of playing. The graphics and sound are both great, as is the gameplay, both SP and MP (of which i have about 20 hours).

20. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well every one is entitled to an opinion but your opinion is kinda imature, instead of casting one line sentences like "gameplay sux balls" state your reasons why and how it can be improved to suit your needs..

I can say UT3 suck bigger balls becuase I touched it in the shop and it doesnt feel the same as COD4, guess diffrent textures on the box..

So my guess is you have COD4 for sale, whoooooo how much I need a PC version?

I think that the thread starter created this thread to cause friction..

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007