Xbox360 2 questions- please help

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by eshban, Nov 15, 2007.

1. eshban

eshban Member Guru

GPU:
    Intel GMT 950
    Hi

i want to ask that

are all Xbox 360 (Halo Edition) consoles are Falcon

and

All Xbox 360 (halo edition) Consoles have lower rate of RROD

Please reply these 2 questions

thanks

2. tomgreen321

tomgreen321 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD6870
    2: There is no system with a lower failure rate. All of the new ones are dying just as much as the old ones.

3. natedogg11

natedogg11 Banned

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTX
    Sorry, but the Halo editions are not using the Falcon chips, in fact the Falcon isn't used at all yet.

But! The Halo edition is like the Elite in that all of the best parts go to it, so it basically isn't going to break.

However, the premium consoles are now a lot better, so dont worry about the failure rate--especially with a 3 year warranty.

4. tomgreen321

tomgreen321 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD6870
    Sorry but it's been proven Elites die like the rest. The new premiums are just white elites with smaller hard drives. Also sending in a console and waiting a month is a pain in the ass.

If you live in the States, get one at Costco so you can just exchange it when it dies.

5. natedogg11

natedogg11 Banned

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTX
    Well if you can find some proof to back up that statement, thats fine. The NPD shows that the Elites are selling quite well, and have a low failure rate. Although, every console has a failure rate, hehe. The Falcon chips will fix that, so just wait.

By the way, my 360 premium failed once, because I had a first generation system. 3 days after I called in, they sent me a box for my console. I sent the box in that same day, and 4 days later a new Xbox 360 was plugged into my TV.

I don't know where people get the idea that you have to wait a month for your console to come back, but it is completely false.

6. natedogg11

natedogg11 Banned

GPU:
    nVidia 8800GTX
    Found it!

According to engadget.com and 1up.com

the Elites only have a 4-5% failure rate.

7. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

GPU:
    680GTX

Yeah that's worthless information. There have been less elites sold and they haven't been out that long - of course they look like they have a lower failure rate.

For example: My 360 finally did a 3 ring of death recently right past it's 1 year birthday.

But, It only took two weeks to get it back from the repair center.

Even if all untils had Falcon chipset's - they'd still break. The problem hasn't been fixed yet.

8. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Nothing is perfect. No one ever starts a "My 360 never dies on me." thread. So the whole hate on people have for the 360's breaking down is kind of over blown. It's a fact there have been more computer part failures than 360's. Yet you won't hear anyone here telling you not to buy a PC.
    Just get one if you want one. If/when it breaks send it in for the free repair/replacement, play some PC games while you wait for it's return, go on with life knowing you did what you wanted to do and that you didn't let something like a broken console cause you that much fustrastion.

9. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Want to back that up with some solid evidence? Sorry, going to have call you on this one. The failure rates have drastically reduced since the improvements started showing up. I suggest you jump off the bandwagon because it heading over a cliff.

Actually, most of the Halo editions are using the Falcon chipset. In fact, it has been reported that nearly all of the version manufactured after late August, early September are also using the Falcon chipset. There is a good article over at Anandtech talking about this very thing. http://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3152

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  10. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    i have my LAUNCH X360 and NEVER had a problem with it. people need to just know how to take care of their crap is all

11. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

GPU:
    680GTX
    OMG my stupid warning went off. Red flashing light and all.

For over a year my 360 was laying on it's side (better), in totally open air. It never moved.

Exactly how should I have "taken care of it better" ?

Maybe you think I should have taken it for walks or sang to it?

12. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    ^^Where was your power brick at. it does need good ventilation

13. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I took care of mine and it still bricked, the 360 has to be the poorest built console ever made, good job the games make it worth while.