Crysis VS Call of Duty 4?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by wolverin0, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    My question is, why even bother comparing these games? They are entirely different styles of game play with entirely different environments. Why not just appreciate them both for what they offer? If you prefer one over the other, that is great too as they are both great games in their own ways.

Nevertheless, if it has to be said, from a technically graphical and visual fidelity standpoint Crysis is the clear choice. It may not perform as well on current hardware, but it achieves more graphically than any game before it by a good margin. Then again, that doesn't mean CoD4 looks bad as is does look great and performs great as well. I say, if you like either one or both of these games, just enjoy them and stop worrying about which one "looks" better. Who cares? Like the old saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Everyone has different tastes. To each his own.

2. wolverin0

wolverin0 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 Cyclone 1GD5OC
    IGN Wrote: 8.5 points for Graphics
    Raise this to a 10 if you've got SLI. For the rest of us, there are games out there that look better while remaining playable.

Why bother buying this when there's still no hardware (not even the most expensive out there) that runs it smooth

3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    COD4 will kill Crysis in terms of Multiplayer Gameplay and it will live much longer..

Crysis looks stunning but over GamePlay COD 4 has the noticable lead..

Every one has their own opinion, Im a COD4 fan and I think in terms of online game play Crysis doesnt cut it for me..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  4. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    COD 4 is an awesome game - great action (love the IR view from the specter gun ship)

It looks awesome and runs far better than crysis.

But Crysis to rock - as said above far more advanced graphics and more freedom of movement, but the hype has made it a game we all want to be a revolution - and so far i don't see that comming - its a shooter, great looking but still just a shooter. (though i have only played it for a few hours)

But this it the main problem, the hype can make a really innovative game look normal, caus we gamers want something that is very hard to create - a game that look like a movie, with a story that'll blow our minds and 60 fps DX10 textures running on a 2 year old pc.

BUT SO FAR I LOVE CRYSIS, as i Love COD 4 i'll be playing them both for a while, thats for sure.

5. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    This is by far the most winning-est (sp?) ever said.

6. Optikn3rv

Optikn3rv Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidea GTX 670
    i like both games, i think crysis just wins due to freedom of game to do what you like. The only downside of crysis is the Core level, i was loving killing the people then they go and drop u in a no gravity spaceship type thing and yuk game gets sucky, just managed to get out of the core and want to kill people again not damn aliens bah.

7. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Don't you think that you are exagerating a bit???

8. Austyn

Austyn Guest

a bit? i think he is exaggerating alot.

i have the impression he is trying to force his opinions on to other people.

9. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    You guys are comparing 2 total different games (the only thing they have in common is 1st person shooter). They are both excellent games in their own right, enjoy them both and stop comparing...

10. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Okay, I am 4-5 hours into Crysis and this game kicks so much ass. The graphics are so freaking beautiful that it's not even funny. How can people even presume to compare COD4 graphics to Crysis is beyond me.

I mean, COD4 looks good, but damn, Crysis is just amazing. As close as it gets to photorealism. I can't wait for the 9800GTX to come out so I can play this puppy all maxed out at 1920x1200.

As far as gameplay goes, it's not as constantly intense as COD4 but you get the benefit of exploration and multiple approach options to any situation.

Two great games, but I must say that I will be coming back to Crysis a lot more often.

Good to be a gamer this month. :D

11. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

exactly. i have an overclocked 8800gtx, and i must say, cod4 looks better to me as i can run it smoothly on max settings. crysis looks "just ok" if i want ~40-60 fps.. crysis will be fun in 2 years when it's $10 at fry's.. kind of like farcry was.

i'm sure this will incite a few comments :smoke:

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I dunno why people are shocked tho that crysis is a fps shooter, i think nit picking that it did not reinvent the wheel for shooters is silly, a fps is an fps is an fps at it heart it is in 1st person and you shoot things, what could they change about that? What has any fps ever done that was so off that formula?

What crysis has done is technically brilliant tho i think any objective person can look at the destructive environments, the AI (it does have problems but for the most part its is very solid), the lighting and gfx, the physics and even the sound is processed in the game, the amount of things going on in crysis at the same time is just jaw dropping and how well it does it.

It has simply kicked the ball and dared other games to live up to it.

But yea i think the gunship part of the cod4 sp was the highlight of that sp game. But the gfx dont touch crysis.

13. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I think the highlight of CoD4 was the Chernobyl level, too bad the game didn't allow much freedom there.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    heh i got really annoyed that those special forces guys on that level just walk straight down the darn hall and never bother to clear the sides where there are like 20 or 30 hostiles ready to shoot your full of holes.

15. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    COD4 > Crysis 10x.

Crysis just feels like a bloated tech demo... Story is very lacking, Artificial Idiot inside the opponents, etc.

Meh of a game.

Overhyped to a huge level.

16. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Then I think you need to sit back, read some reviews, do a little googling and then post back the facts..

if your playing COD4 but seeing COD1 with more wpns then its time for you to retire from gaming..

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    I liked the story of crysis except the ending.

COD4 AI scripted. Crysis AI branching, they flank they take cover they react dynamically they will hunt you.

But to each their own :p.

18. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I assume you haven't played COD4 retail huh? COD4 is not your average FPS. There is actually a lot of nice additions to COD4. Better animations, nice upgrade features/customizations, lots of game types. I was certainly no fan of COD4, as a matter of fact I hate IW but the game itself is pretty cool. I've been playing it quite a lot. The Single player is laughable in the sense it plays like on a rail.. You are almost merely a spectator in a movie.

I knew magazines would go crazy on Crysis but then from 'everyone' I have heard involved in the Beta's say it's nothing new. Not one of my buds said 'oh my god what an awesome game'. I'll hold out on Crysis for the next little while.

19. Kuroudo Kaiseru

Kuroudo Kaiseru Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 8800 Ultra
    I have just finished Crysis(took me like 15 hours, I took my time :p) played it on hard, will play over again on Delta.. also finished COD4, I have to say both games own .. but the experience I had with COD4 is just alike many other fps games, while Crysis gave whole another experience .. I especially loved the Core mission(seems like many didn't like it, don't know why) but yeah this is what I think about.

20. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Crysis is just more open-ended, and that's what makes it the winner for me... that's where I'll find the SP replayability that I so enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.