2.06 found only one Display Adapter?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by comlab, Nov 9, 2007.

1. comlab

comlab New Member

GPU:
    HIS X850XT PE IceQ II
    Hi, today i reinstalled my System with Windows Vista 32bit. I installed the Nvidia Driver 169.04 and for Fan Controll RivaTuner 2.06. I have 2 8800 GTX SLI in my System. I dont' know why, but RivaTuner found only one Adapter, and I can modify only the Fan of this Card, where's the other Adapter. With XP and 2.05 I never had this Problem. Please Help.

2. DJShamrock

DJShamrock Member

GPU:
    1900 Crossfire 512 & X1900XTX 512mb

Don't be so sure. I thought that too until I downloaded this awesome program by the folks at CPU-z.

[​IMG]

It's called GPU-Z (clever eh) and it will show how many cards you have and if their speeds are running tthe same.

3. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    Thanks for posting the utility program DJShamrock.

4. mayantek

mayantek New Member

GPU-Z is a neat little program but does not solve his problem .I am having the same issue . 2 8800GT in SLI in Vista 32. No independent fan control. One card gets hot and the system crashes as 8800GTs are known for having too low of speed fans and must be bumped to work properly on superclocked cards (not overclocked by me). As it sits Rivatuner does not allow me to change graphic adapters in the drop down as it does in XP unless I am completely missing something.

2.06 has this and it works great in XP but not in Vista.
    Still looking for a solution myself.

Also GPU-Z shows that SLI is disabled even though it is enabled so I am not sure how accurate the program is.

5. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate

I would like to see RT slicked up even more. It's a great utitlity!

6. comlab

comlab New Member

GPU:
    HIS X850XT PE IceQ II
    So there is no chance to modify the Fanspeed of the second GPU, right? Does' it works with a older version of RT? Or is this a Vista Problem? How solved this all the other Vista Users with 2 Display Adapters?

7. mayantek

mayantek New Member

Currently the only solution I have found is to run Ntune for one fan and RT for the other.
    I generally do not run games and benches in Vista due to the performance hit and stick with XP on a dual boot.