For you Vista haters

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by F1refly, Nov 7, 2007.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
  2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Apart from it only occured when Samba crashed on the other machine.

Yes it sucks, but that happening isn't all that common.

$50 it's fixed very shortly.

Where's all the Vista fixes? Most people still waiting ;)

3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Compared to XP yes Vista still needs a lot of work especially in the driver department.

I also think Vista is too bloated.

4. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    I like xp because its simple and fast :) vista has to much extra's like aero i dont need it ...

5. oxide

oxide Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980Ti
    you can turn Aero off with a simple one-two click and still keep Vista's theme, just not with the glass effect on. Windows XP is inferior to Vista in many ways, and until people realize it for themselves, they will continue to stick with xp because it is simple convenient.

The only thing stopping Vista from being the default OS of choice is the driver support, especially for 64bit systems. Untill that improves, expect XP to hang around for a long time.

Don't think Microsoft is stupid though, they will phase out XP in one way or another. I suspect that Microsoft will make SP3 for XP a genuine advantage download, which will mess with many peoples' current installs.

Don't put it past them.

I have faith that SP1 for Vista will improve its user interface, and it will allow people to switch alot faster.

6. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    WGA hardly made it more difficult to download IE7 and Media Player 11.
    SP3 will be quickly cracked in one way or another..

7. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    Vista64 has never crashed on me (other than me fcking around with the voltages and OC)

as I know most here won't believe me.... I will demonstrate

[​IMG]

8. fcabal_

fcabal_ Member Guru

GPU:
    NX8800GTX 768MB w/ Dell 2407WFP
    Same here,

I have Vista x64 Home Premium and have never died on me, specially since Microsoft released several fixes and updates on the game field.

Realize that one way or another you'll be pushed to upgrade to Vista in the same way you were forced to leave Win98SE: The most popular Windows ever (depends on the points of view).

Just see this:

• DirectX 10 is the future and Windows XP will never have DirectX 10

• Windows XP x86 will never manage more than 3GB RAM and one day you'll need more than 2GB (Do you remember when people said that noone can use more than 16MB RAM???

9. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470

Based on current games, DX10... useless.

Based on current games and applications, more than 2GB on XP... useless.

Therefore, Vista... useless.

Thank you and goodbye.

10. fcabal_

fcabal_ Member Guru

GPU:
    We'll see what happens, now maybe lots of guys want to stick with XP, just like me but you're denying the truth, one day you'll have to say good bye to XP as well with the other MS OS's, just wait....

For now the battle for me between XP and Vista is TIE.

And just for the record, Vista is not useless, or maybe you're talking about in the same way when XP appears.

XP was useless too... or I'm wrong.

11. Meroth

Meroth Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 8800 GT
    You're talking about the present. fcabal_ was talking aobut the future. You may be a little bit right though, maybe you can stall the switch until Windows 7 is out, so Vista is "useless" to you, but if you continue using computers, it's sure as hell you won't be using XP for the rest of your life.

12. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    First off Vista will not suck any less or more as a result of some bug in another OS, such a comment can only be seen as childish i think.

Also this is not regression bug it is a old bug. It was in Tiger and some say older versions as well (i did not bother to look much into this and i don't know squat about Mac). So even the new vs new (Vista vs Leopard) and which are the better "new" falls apart.

13. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Vista haters? Not using an OS means that I must hate it?

No sir, I just consider it's got nothing worth the cash that I can't already get from my two installed OSs. I know many people claim Vista is superior to OS, but I have yet to see an example of what exactly it does (and I know about the 'improved security', it's been proven already it's no more secure than an updated XP - and nowhere near Linux).

14. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Exactly, the future, thank you for making my point. Right now Vista is useless and buggy.

The way it was shipped was horrible. It shouldn't have been released until 2008. I won't touch until I see that SP1 makes it worth while.

15. fcabal_

fcabal_ Member Guru

GPU:
    The simpliest way I see this, is that everyone is free to choose whether OS they want to use.

It's correct, Vista is beginning and sometimes may result buggy but all the operating Systems are. There is not such a thing as THE PERFECT OS.

I've been hearing that Linux is a great OS but honestly I just tried it at College but no because of that I will say that Linux sucks and Windows rocks, of course not. There are many guys with Linux, others with Vista, others with XP, others with Vista and XP like me, we are free to decide what to do with our Pc's

Stay with the OS you want and respet the opinion of the other guys. Period.

No OS sucks, I've even heard that FreeBSD has a lot of fans, the same happens with UNIX, etc...

16. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    I have always disliked apple, compatibility is wayy off, and people buy it because they think its better than a PC, when someone tells me this i laugh.....no matter what PC's are much more flexible in every way than apple will ever be.

17. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    The memory usage in Vista is horrible... they need to fix it for you to select if you want it to use that much while just sitting on desktop for file searching or not. Thats one of the things I turn off on XP is File index for faster searching... bogs down everything.

18. Meroth

Meroth Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 8800 GT
    I hope you're not talking about Superfetch, are you?

19. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    ahhh Superfetch...
    you speed up all the programs I use, how could I possibly hate you.... even accelerates games

20. Jason9875

Jason9875 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT
    With Vista while running STALKER it only consumes 330MB of RAM. Hardly something to complain about or that's worth worry about.

As for file indexing I love it, makes finding files a million times easier.

The new UI is nice and interactive with lots of nifty effects, CP could be better organized but its faster at using common items (such as uninstall), and the start menu is a million times faster to use. Alt tabing out of games is a hell of a lot faster, local networking doesn't suck ****, and it even manages data over my internet connection better. With my ****ty internet I can run a torrent and still talk on vent without lag, something impossible under XP.

As for crashing, I had issues with ****ty creative drivers that I have fixed, and an old version of Virtual clone drive crashed my system, latest version works.

Aside from those two issues I have had none, and I even did an upgrade install, supposedly one of the worst for stability.