The 169.04 driver works well with my setup.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vector, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    I think I might have lost a little speed but the drivers are excellent for FSX.

2. Slochy

Slochy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA ATI 4870
    That's so awesome, thanks for letting us all know!

3. Garandhero

Garandhero Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 7900GS Go
    Slochy,
    Its because of people like you that I rarely come to these forums anymore... Your sarcasm makes you seem like a 10 year old. Grow up.

Thanks for the info Vector ~ I use these drivers on my Laptop and they are excellent for me as well.

4. Scythe

Scythe Guest

GPU:
    Asus Rx 480 Strix 08G
    Best driver i've used so far, seem faster to me.

5. Slochy

Slochy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA ATI 4870
    Yeah, whatever. At least I'm old enough to see that there's no point in creating a new thread for that and ignoring the other one. So, congratulations for being a fan of cluttered boards to you. I prefer being 10 years old then.

6. Garandhero

Garandhero Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 7900GS Go
    Just further proving my point. Its called civility friend, whats 1 more post over being nice? I'd rather the forums be a bit cluttered and have a welcoming freindly community than a bunch of arrogant children like you.

7. DerGilb

DerGilb Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    Hey Guys!

Calm down please and be friendly! Slochy and Garandhero, both of you! Remember, this is a discussion board...

Calm down, or both of you seems to be 10 years or so ;-)

8. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    This thread should be all about sharing love...

for the all-rockin' 169.04's :bounce:

Congrats dude ;)

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I'm feeling the love for these drivers.. they p[lay practically everything I want and I have yet to find any issues.. aside from in Hellgate, but that was because of Hellgate not the drivers :p

Any idea when we can expect to get some newer drivers?? Maybe to help out in games like Timeshift, COD4 and GoW??
    I think its TIME NVIDIA!

10. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    COD4 crashes with this driver every 5 min for me :(

11. BoLeK

BoLeK Guest

For me CMR Dirt hangs up 20-30 sec after start of any race ( not game ). Strange thing is that it was working well till today.
    ohh and I can't run 3dmark 03 hangs on first test all the time (that was happening from very beginning with those drivers )

12. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I'm feeling your loss... But I dare not ask... Did you wipe your previous drivers properly? :angel:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  13. BoLeK

BoLeK Guest

i think i start instaling drivers from newest to oldest working with 88GT and keep any1 that works

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  14. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    yep! right now i use 163.75 drivers and cod4 runs with no problems :)

15. LifeForce

LifeForce Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800 Ultra SLI
    I figured i would ask in this thread, as it doesn't seem proper to start a whole new one over it.

Its nice that Nvidia is handling the driver situation better by releasing frequent updates, but now its all just leaving me confused. Theres quite a few of them and the biggest confusion for me right now is the 169.04 versus the .75 whql that just came out. I am running the beta driver that was released before the special Bioshock optimized drivers so I guess I am a bit behind. I have been having a few problems with the COD4 beta, Gears of War and Tabula Rasa and i am trying make a decision on what would be best to move to.

Is there a sure bet between these two newer drivers? I think my last beta driver ended in a .73. Ill try to update this later when I get home.

16. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    COD4 runs beautifully with these drivers and my setup.

And I'm running on Vista32 for the moment!

17. Homey[GER]

Homey[GER] Member

GPU:
    8800GT (512MB)
    Yeah for me the best driver ever too! Never got a driver update that gave me a so much better performance and all my games work fine without any crashes or errors (CoD4 included). I get about 10% more FPS in games and around 1200 more 3DMarks compared to older 163.xx drivers!

I simply love them! Hopefully Nvidia can do some more tweaks like this in the future! It definitily showed that our cards are not running at max power right now ... I hope that were not the last FPS Tweaks they could do ....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  18. Ahura

Ahura Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT Superclocked 512
    How do yu install 163.75 w/ 88GT? I tried and the thing said Cannot find drivers that is compatible w/ my hardware [88GT]. I downloaded the driver straight from nVidia too.

19. Takenover83

Takenover83 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5670 1024MB
    Yea I edited the inf file manually to get these to install with the 8800GT, but it still did not use the driver once I rebooted.

20. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Wow, so simply editing the .inf doesn't work anymore?

Interesting.