Overclock Driver-Level RT 2.06

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by die666, Nov 2, 2007.

1. die666

die666 New Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 mb
    Hi!
    I have a little problem with RT 2.06, i can't overclock with differents core clocks for 2D or 3D.
    When i switch to "standard 2D" , i can set the core clock and memory clock, but when i switch to "performance 3D" , the clock timings are the same.
    I can't have 2 differents settings according to the Driver-level :/

A little hard to explain, hope u understood.
    thx

Edit: Forgot to tell i'm using Beta Forcewares 169.04

2. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    I hope that you are a beta tester and have 2.06 from Unwinder

Besides that point, if you spent some time looking around you would find that this is a problem with the new nvidia drivers, and part of the reason that riva tuner 2.06 is around. 2d and 3d overclocking are broken, so you don't have them.

3. die666

die666 New Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 mb
    uh?
    I searched yesterday for almost 2 hour and didn't find anything on that point :/
    Anyway, thanks for your help
    I can't even found a thread speaking of the same problem as mine, could you copy/paste one?

edit : Oh, and for the record, RT 2.06 is public now..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I just don't get it, why do you guys nned to LIE that you searched 2 hours and found nothing? You've not invested even a single second in search. The very fist posting of sticky 2.06 thread explicitly tells:

What's new:

- Added ForceWare 167.xx and 169.xx drivers families support. Please take a note that 2D/3D performance levels switching is broken in these drivers, so adjusting 2D performance level settings (e.g. 2D clocks) via RivaTuner will also change 3D performance level settings and vice versa.

5. die666

die666 New Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 mb
    i did!
    Don't call me a liar u morron!
    I only missed the phrase where it tells me the answer..
    For me, "what's new" refers to bug fixing, not telling me something is wrong.

6. Quattra

Quattra New Member

GPU:
    Sparkle GF6800@16x1,6vp
    ... I really understand u Unwinder... U must be very pissed off when always answering "these" questions.

7. rhiridflaidd

rhiridflaidd Member

Unwinder - I think you can afford to be a little more harsh. Ban the user's IP, lock the thread, and ignore.

Die666 - I'm a newbie like you, but it's obvious from the threads on this forum that unwinder - the bloke who actually writes the software is finding this whole place a bit stressful right now. If you had spent 2h browsing and searching you'd know that. So yep you do seem to be a liar and an idiot. So do us us a favour either appreciate the software, or uninstall it.

8. die666

die666 New Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 mb
    I do appreciate the software, and i owe unwinder an apology, didn't knew he was the author of the software..
    Anyway, i was pissed by his remark, coz i really search the forum for 2 hours.. For sure i didn't put the right keywords...
    My english is not that good.. i'm doing my best.
    To the others.. feel free to stay away from this thread if u don't have constructive remarks.. Unwinder can defend himself.. don't act as a zorro..

Edit: You can delete this topic or lock it..

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  9. rhiridflaidd

rhiridflaidd Member