hellgate london PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by damien666, Nov 3, 2007.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people i installed hellgate like 3hours ago and first few time i booted the game up it ran great DX9 +DX10 both worked and it played awesome

BUT i decided to add AA and selected the very high setting just to see how many fps i lost as i was already getting like avg50fps @1680x1050 dx10, but the game froze and then i had to ctrl+alt+del

anyhow after that i cant seem to get the dx10 mode to boot up, the dx9 works as should do but the dx10 loads up to a few vids as normal then i just get a black screen like it cant find the menu or next into vid, i have installed it again sence but i get the same problem

if i ctrl+alt+del on this black screen i get this....

[​IMG]

...then if i click cancel i get the vista apps not responding error and it closes, so i think it may be trying to download update or sumat what do u think as all other games run fine

2. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    Disable Fraps and it will run just fine.

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ive just managed to get connected to their server and it downloading a patch so i hope this works

i bet thats why it crashed as it wanted to updat but couldnt, well its installing 28files now so i will keep u updated

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  4. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi mate the update dint work but it seems that the fraps idea did and i got to say i love this game

p.s. after i boot the game i alt+tab and then load up fraps, why does fraps not let it boot up correct??

5. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    maybe it's the cracked exe you're using?

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    mate its retail, i said above i connected tot he sever to download a update

look heres the update file which u can only get via online
    [​IMG]

7. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Well to my it runs whitout any problems :) but loading times is quite long maybe its because i don't have enouth ram :O

8. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    mate it seems that the problem isnt FRAPS, it is rivaruner statistics thing, if i have that running i cant boot in dx10 but in dx9 i can

i can run it with fraps

9. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Sorry mate missed that part :backfire:

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

11. madmossy

madmossy Active Member

GPU:
    ATi HD2900XT 850/950
    Actually that file is easily downloadable from their website without actually having to be online in the game, its one method for patching the single player game as the official method via the game launcher doesnt always work (like the rest of the game)

I un-installed it yesterday, had great fun with the game but all the compatability issues and performance problems just ticked me off, and after updating the game to the newest patch I could play the game at all, no dx9 mode or dx10 which was the last straw for me.

Silly things that they knew about months ago are still in the game (memory leak is the primary bug annoyance)

12. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load

i haven't noticed any problems as of yet BUT twice now i have maxed out my 2gb randomly which causes pauses in game play but i just assumed as it dx10 x64 i needed 4gb of ram

apart from that i max the game out @

dx10 x64
    1680x1050
    all settings MAXED
    (cant get AA working)

@ avg 45-50fps

13. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    I get a crash every time i go to play i can play a few minutes then it crashes and i get the display recovery error in vista. Gunna update drivers.

14. AtariVictim

AtariVictim New Member

hey guys, i just got hellgate london last night and installed it this morning. I have the same "black screen" problem with windows vista, first the game wouldnt run at all, but i updated a bunch of stuff and then the game worked fine. It still runs fine all except when i get into Covent Garden Market spot and then it black screens and says the something failed and successfully recovered, but apparently it didnt recover cause all i see when i go back into the game from the desktop is the sheild with the two swords crossed infront of it. the game is still working, i kno this because of the sounds. i can shoot, walk, and go places, only problem is i cant seee what im doing. anyway this game was a complete waste of my time and money im probably going to return it tonight if it dont fix this problem - any pointers?(step by step please)(plus idk what fraps is...) im technically challanged.

15. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800
    Are you running in DX10 or DX9?

16. Pulsier

Pulsier New Member

Starting the game problems

Hello everybody i hope some1 can help me , I installed Hellgate Londen 30 min ago , i press on the exe. file and he gives a error i have taked a screen shot of it , Im from Belgium so the error you see is dutch so i gone translate it , I hope 1 of you all can help me
    Error Text from Dutch to English : Cant find the entrypoint from procedure GetProcessHandleCount in DLL document KERNEL.32.dllsrry that my english is bad i just learn it from movies

[​IMG]

Friendly Greatz
    Pulsier :ying:

17. cromelex

cromelex Guest

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTS 320mb(A3)@684/1674/999
    I'm getting this same problem, reported on the beginning of the thread, when starting the game, is it caused by Rivatuner then ? do I need to disable it ? Or is it Fraps after all ?

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    @ noobs :D

try reinstalling the game, and patch it trough this installer. OR are you 2 using cracked game?! lol

@Damien

lower aa to high or med and try dx10, maybe its some issue when those 2 combined.
    I can't test cuz i'm on XP, but it works fine dx9 and v.high aa.

19. cromelex

cromelex Guest

GPU:
    Asus 8800GTS 320mb(A3)@684/1674/999
    I've found the problem - Fraps. I've updated it to the latest version and it works now.

20. Pulsier

Pulsier New Member

no im not using the cracks , but im a noob @ pc's , i only played on consoles before like ps and x-box , and my Gf have giving me a computer for my birthday , where can i get the patches for Hellgate londen , becouse i dont have internet on my own pc , i only have internet in the livingroom on my fathers pc , i hope i can learn muth more about pc 's
    thnx for your time

Friendy Greetz Pulsier :)

p.s : im using windows xp to , i really wanne get help , the game looks so nice that i wanne play it , i hope i can play it so fast as i can :bang:

i wanne :download: patches so i can play and i dont have internet so i have to :download: the patch on my fathers pc and than set it to the usb stick so i can play in my room Hellgate Londen

if i can play it , man i think you hear me scream from belgium to the USA hehe :bigsmile:

and i dont using FRAPS :puke2: or something that sounds like that

really srry that my english and my information about pc's ar so BAD :biggun:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007