New beta version discussion

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD 2600XT, 256Mb
    Yes, Catalyst CC works fine with 4:3 output but requires 130mb of HDD space and it has a problem in the theater mode management :behead:
    I've read around the web that this problem is common to all the latest Catalyst releases. Do you think in the future to find the time to improve the TV-Output commands? :D

2. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Tried to install on my Rig - HD2900XT, Catalyst 7.10, Win XP x64. Gives me the "Cannot retrieve Information from BIOS - please report board..." error

3. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD 2600XT, 256Mb
    Eheheh... My same POST... Our HD2x00 boards are not supported, you MUST disable the Overclocking features to make it working.
    Hey, Ray, I've learned well, it's right? :thumbup:

4. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:

He said he 'might' have fixed it in the current version and someone should try it, well i tried, no reason to exploit that :knock:

I just reckoned it worth mentioning because once i had a beta version of ATT installed on this PC and it worked (well overclocking obviously did not) :p

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007

5. React

React Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5850
    Hi Ray.
    In the last few beta versions of ATT, program installs fine, runs fine,
    but when i restart windows, it shows an error:
    "atitray.exe - Unable To Locate Component
    This application has failed to start because raphook.dll was not found.Re-nstalling the application may fix this problem."
    When i install the leatest official version, this problem does not exist.

p.s.I use WinXP x64 SP2

6. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hi Ray,

Tried the newly updated version. It's the same error message again about retrieving BIOS information. Just might let you know retrive is 'retrieve'.

Is there a way a switch for writting the programs status to an output file like log.txt? I think it would better help us users communicate our technical difficulties in a format which is useful to you.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950

8. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Success. ATT now works without the ini modification. Overdrive is disabled. Overclocking displays the cards 2d clocks but is unable to detect the current clocks on both mem and GPU. The sliders default to a minimum value of 411mhz on both GPU and mem. Bench and 3d renderer work fine.

Can't wait for more progress, like voltage control and overdrive, excellent work :D.

I'm not sure if it helps, but AMD released some specs for two video cards. The HD2600 and the Mobility X1600. http://www.x.org/docs/AMD/ . I'm not sure if it's the registers you want or not.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Thanks . I will look into it.

10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Laykun - Thanks again. Its good information. At least all register (I need to work with I2C ) are there. So at this moment all I need is one x2xxx video board :)

11. sourcefreak

sourcefreak New Member

Not sure if it is a problem since the last beta (1067) but I can´t set FAN settings anymore. For example if I set at 50°C a fan speed of 25% and press apply then for a second the settings stay but suddenly it changes all to 100%.

As I said I am not sure if it´s the 7.10 (original and Omega tested) or Tray Tools but this is driving me nuts. All worked fine a few days ago. Uninstalled Tray Tools a few times with registry cleaning and same problem happens.

If "System Information" is needed I will post them but the card is a Sapphire X1950 XT 256MB.

12. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:

If you don't mind, i'm going to answer myself here.

ATT does _not_ work safely with an HD2900XT when you're only using driver setting profiles and advanced tweaks. In fact i seem to always get ati3duag.dll BSODs when i attempt to load driver setting profiles.

EDIT:

Oh, uh, well scratch that. I found it odd these crashes occured extremely often lately, the only thing new was that i had updated Nod32 from V2 to V3. Well i added mentioned ati3duag.dll to the exclusion list and now it seems to work .. again.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  13. Fedyon

Fedyon Member

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512Mb AGP
    Not strictly on the topic, and I know this is not responsible of ATT nor Ray, but...

I'm scared reading that Omega is going to remove old style CP ( http://www.driverheaven.net/1096941-post55.html ). If it was removed and ATT remain being not able to handle DVI configurations, I'll be forced to use that awful CCC.NET! Oops...

14. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Hey Ray...

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you need to begin implementing full HD series support for ATT? Do you just need any old HD2xxx series card? I ask because something like a 2600Pro or XT really costs next to nothing here, and if you really need one, I don't forsee any problems just sending you one...

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Only one board like X2600xt with OverDrive support

16. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hey Ray,

I'm a computer science student heading into my third year of study. I possess the skills to write in Java, C, C++, Prolog, Haskell and Assembly. After studying systems architecture I've become very interested in writing software specifically for hardware. Although I'm familiar on all these grounds, I am not familiar with how to access device registers. I was wonder if you keep any sort of systems documents, or class diagrams which explain how your system works internally so I could get a better idea of how I might go about experimenting with these registers. Or, if there are any good resources you could point me to that would help me understand how Windows access the device registers, then that would be great.

17. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    well if your so hard up for HDD space maybe you should have bought a new HDD instead of a new vid card pah 130MB thats bog all and it doesn't need that much ram peak mem usage is just 38MB which shrinks to 4.5MB

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    This information is not for public domain. Sorry :) But you can start by inspecting for example linux core sources. There are no standard ways to works with hardwares except of MMIO and standard in / out (and may be a few other) . I mean if you know how to work with video board this doesn't mean you know how to work with sound card or with any other hardware. Each type of hardware has its own style of programing and even same type of hardware but from different vendors (like nVIDIA and ATI for example) has different registers and different ways to access them.

19. Mongoo

Mongoo Guest

Hallo Ray!
    I have a new Problem with ATT 1042 or 1067
    My x1950xt is set @start to 405core and 495Ram
    (low profile)
    I have set it to switch in 3d to 648/999

When i start a game it switches to 3d but when i go back to desktop it wont go back to low profile.
    Not always but it ~ about 40%

Driver is omega 7.9
    Xp Sp2 Board P5n-e sli

Help Please !

Thanks

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    This can not be like this. Board will switch or will not switch at all, but not 50x50.
    Where did you check it? And what kind of software you have in background?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.