169.04 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by THE_BAIT, Oct 30, 2007.

1. daniel_rh

daniel_rh Active Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 7900GT 256MB E-HD
    Well with this driver the gameplay in Crysis is muuuch better than any other driver, now I can set the graphics settings to mid and high and get 10-20fps

2. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    OMG thx :D
    I was waiting for this since last friday ^^

<~ Guru3D ~> FTW

3. crowler.ar

crowler.ar Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB Xtreme
    Thanks for your answer ... but

It is defenitly not there :( and I read that sometimes for some unknown reason to me this entry is not showing.

So I don´t know what to do.
    Guess I will rollback because 1280x800 is missing and I use it for many games.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  4. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    A bit of my own game test:
    - Crysis demo: 1440 x 900, 2x AA, medium settings for all except shader, physical and sound, GPU benchmark got 2-3 fps more average
    - Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts: all on high settings, increased fps by 3 even @ minimum fps count
    - World in Conflict: got 4 fps boost average
    - COD 4 demo: runs smooth, though it already doing so under 163.76, highest possible settings selectable by the demo, so that means no problem here.

Will test out more over the coming weekend.

5. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Thank God. I was feeling like I was with my son in middle school with all these big words pwned and a**hat. Now if some of you feel so strong about this then why not give the guy some money for all his hard work.

6. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Just not having a whole lot of luck with the 169 series. Does weird little things. The desktop doesn't seem as responsive. When I first install them, and I go to activate Aero desktop, it stays on the "please wait" for like 30 seconds while applying Aero. With 163.75 and earlier, it switches instantly. And for some odd reason, Crysis even seems little slower with the 169's. I know, it goes against all logic, but it sure feels that way.

7. jonnyGURU

jonnyGURU Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB x 2
    Yeah. There's a delay. Waiting for a non-beta firmware update myself.

ESA is the Enthusiast System Architecture. It reports thermal info from CPU cooler, GPU cooler, points in the chassis, PSU fan RPM's and voltages from the PSU to the 780i chipset via USB.

8. Googie

Googie Guest

GPU:
    [1] XFX 6870 HD @955/1100
    All the 169 drivers have raised my 3dmark05-06 scores.With the latest drivers 100 points in 05 and 60 in06:leave:

Currently at 11227 in 05
    Currently at 6327 in 06

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    great drivers works well with my setup and windows xp, got 0 problems and 3dmark06 increased about 150 points which is nothing to lose sleep about but still interesting nonetheless.

Clive Barker's Jericho went from average 25-30fps to 50-65 which is great, Crysis sp demo running very high without issues and performance is good compared to the 163.75, F.e.A.R mp and PES 2008 all run well too, and finally gpu temps went from 58c to 55-56c.

i'd say best drivers to date.

10. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Still problems for me .. nhancer don't work .. and i don't see any major improvement like i got from 169.01 .. HL2 still has problems with the lighting .. only this time Timeshift works fine :( ... waiting for the new nhancer atleast ..

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i have no problems at all in HL2 episode 2 lighting is the way it should no different than the old 163.71 or 163.75. ;)

12. Burt1972

Burt1972 New Member

I have leadtek px8800gtx, but i think it does not matter - they are all the same. Voltmodding link :
    vr-zone/articles/Overclocking_the_EVGA_8800GTX_ACS3/4296.html

My 8800 runs best on 1.49 vcore and 2.07 memory.

I have to uninstall 169.04 - q4 is still one of best games :)

13. Knutselmaaster

Knutselmaaster Active Member

GPU:
    AMD6870 xfire
    hi all!

Just wanted to inform the peeps:
    I installed 169.01 and was impressed by the image quality.
    The new aa contrast option rocks!
    But after a few days my games started to lag and Americas Army got really bad (artifacts, a few to begin with and lots after a few days) and eventually crashed my computer all the time. Going to 169.04 didnt help, good IQ but same problems! The FPS in Trackmania got lower and lower too! So i got back to the good ol' DNA 94.24....
    Strange that it happened gradually tho......

So please nvidia make some 169.xx with the iq of 169.01 & 169.04 but the stability and speed of the 93.xx and 94.xx forcewares (a man can dream can't he)

14. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    Have had no issues on 169.01 or 169.04
    Cysis demo on my rig with a mix of low and med settings good, HL 2 SMOD good, Red Orchestra good and Vista x64 running well. Now if only 1 of 2 things would happen 1. Nvidia allows for hand selecting component TV-out or I get enough money to afford a 50" Full HD Pioneer Plasma, I'd be set.

Will be holding off on getting full version of Crysis until 1st quarter next year when I see what is out there to replace my lowly GF 7600GT. Then again I might get a 8800GT as a stop gap until I dump this system on someone and update my rig end of financial year mid 08. Which would see me getting Crysis before Christmas.

15. primopearl

primopearl Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640mb XxX
    i cant OC my card with the latest rivatuner!!! anybody can?

16. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    I tweaked crysis to dx 10 equivalent under xp. Demo ran great and so does stalker and css. No complaints so far. I should be getting my 2nd BFG 8800GTX OC in a couple of days in time for the full release of crysis an COD4. Man I’m psyched. :infinity:

17. disco

disco Guest

GPU:
    Palit Dual 3060Ti
    I can oc my card with 2,05 rivatuner (under winxp)! Just I have to uninstall and install them after I installed driver....

18. Boostland

Boostland Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX-6800GT @ Ultra
    These and all the 169.xx versions below cause texture corruption in Call Of Duty (opengl), I had to go back to the 163.71 to make those doors look like the wooden texture they are supposed to have.

I was able to repeat this on another system with a fresh install of XP and the 169 drivers on a 7600 GS and also my 6800 GT.

Image here for those interested.

http://users.g-node.com.au/boostlinux/169.xx_driver.jpg

19. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Does anyone's F.E.A.R. Combat freeze on them upon startup? I don't even see the first splash screen. It's the same with these AND the 169.02s.

XP32

20. DerGilb

DerGilb Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    Am i the only who gets error with these driver in WiC?

Game starts, Screen goes black, but nothing else, no flying heli intro, just a long period of HD Access, nothing else. I have to end process with task manager, getting a message: WiC produced error, you will be informed...

Switching back to .75 or .76, all ok again! Anyone else?

btw. plz dont mock bout my english, not my native language ;-)