Everyone's busy playing Hellgate I take it..

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ScoobyDooby, Nov 1, 2007.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Since there aren't any posts on here aboot it!

What a cool idea for a game! I admit I wasn't too sure about it, but it plays great and seems really innovative and original, and I've barely even started playing it :)

What are your thoughts on it so far??

Oh, and if anyone wants to go frag co-op style, my handle is "Viro"

maybe I should post some screenies as well...

2. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Bought it via the ea store online, and im in europe so i cant play it until in like 26 hours lol

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    well worth the wait.. I'm suprised by how neat this game is.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i'd have bought it in a heartbeat had it not been subscription based. seems like a bit of a waste for a game that's not fully open like WoW or Everquest or LotR Online and such. enjoyed what little of the beta i played.... but until it possibly goes Free-to-Play like RF Online did.... it won't have my attention.

Instead, Crysis, CoD4, and possibly UT3 will be getting my money. Hell.... might even pay for WoW again so i can enjoy it for about a month on my new monitor.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Hellgate is completely free to play online, you just need to make an account but it doesnt cost anything. Those who choose to pay will get access to some exclusive stuff like maybe extra character slots or something, i dont have all the details and im not sure if all the details have even been released yet.

I tried the demo last night and it seemed like a pretty cool game and ran nicely on my old rig too but im gonna wait for some more information about the online mode before i start making decisions wether to buy it or not.

6. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Yeah i dont get why people have such a hard time understanding it?

Hellgate London is just like Diablo 1 and 2. You buy the game, and you play. Either in singleplayer or in multiplayer.

However, if you choose to subscribe you will get extra crap like more storage slots, character slots, the ability to create guilds (create, not join, you can always join) and an extra hardcore mode in multiplayer where you have 1 life, when you die the character is wiped.
    Seems pretty cool, alot of status to have a high level character then if that hardcore/whatever icon is next to it lol.

And some talk of exclusive high end items and levels and bosses.. Not worth 100 bucks imo, depends on how much extra content there really is, ill wait for the youtube vids to show me.

7. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    im ganna wait before I buy it, wait for some reviews

8. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    not really, the demo was a pos in my opinion, so i'm gonna skip this thing(hellgate).i'm busy playing The Witcher..

9. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Agreed.
    And I had high hopes for this game too...oh well... :(

10. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Hellgate? After that horrible demo? Nope, everybody is busy playing the Crysis demo.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ not this guy... crysis demo looks okay, but this game is way more FUN to play. Lots of weopons, quests, enemies.. large map. Highly customizable.

Though I do agree, between playing this and the Witcher, and Jericho, and U3.. I could go on.. there is like NO time for anything else.

But I can see spending a LOT of time playing this game. For the money, it seems totally worth it.

12. ender7074

ender7074 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
    It was fun for a couple of nights but got repetitive real fast. I like the concept and story line though. Ill pick it up eventually but I'm not running to the store to grab it.

13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Hmm.... may need to consider it then. Got an e-mail probably 2 weeks before it's release saying that you could pre-order, and also pay like $150 for a lifetime subscription, which is the same thing they did for the pre-release of Lord of the Rings: Online..... so i figured it was Pay-to-Play.

14. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    It has two multiplayer modes. Regular one and a MMO one. You have to pay to be able to play the MMO one.

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    didn't like the demo.

16. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    Final game is same as Demo... Bleh uninstalled it after going through few levels.

Proprs to devs for not using any kind of copy protection.

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol the developers thought HEY let's make a game that features London rather than USA surely more players will buy it.. ye they failed to make the game interesting. good idea poorly executed.

18. Kakihara

Kakihara Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX (SLI)
    Nobody talks about it because almost nobody likes it...

they made a poll "will you buy" the votes where something like 1000 no for 50 yes....

not that they hate it, when you take a big name like ennemy territory quake wars..it doesn't sell well at all and unreal torunament 3 demo palyers went from 2000 to 500 online in a few weeks.

I think a lot of games released recently are average at best....
    ennemy territory has quake gameplay with more complex than bf2 tactics...what a stupid idea that no one will like..
    I love the frenziness of rocket arena and I'm a big fan of BF2 but I really really hate ETQW

ut3 uses stupid next-gen "lower the game details" effects like motion blur and depth field blur...high res textures games all blurred up..that's an improvement sigh...and the character design sucks too

and for hellgate it's really a not very beautiful and boring diablo 2 clone in 3d I really hope for you it's better but that's not what I saw in the demo.
    I played crysis demo 5 times already and I didn't even finish the hellgate demo...

(BTW i love collecting items and armor sets in rpgs/mmorpgs 10x more than shooting people in fps so don't think because I'm writing mostly about fps it's what I like I have info on them that's all.)

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    totally agree with you m8. :)
    one game i'm hooked on is Clive Barker's Jericho love it unlike these latest crappy games. oh yeah and Crysis demo rocks.

20. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    Its not even out yet you moron