169.04 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by THE_BAIT, Oct 30, 2007.

1. crowler.ar

crowler.ar Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB Xtreme
    I don`t have the "Manage Custom Resolution" entry .... How can I get there ? Is it a reg hack ?

2. cyberbeing

cyberbeing Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 770 2GB
    Yeah the following things in Shader really kill performance.
    r_HDRRendering = 2
    r_SSAO=1
    r_SSAO_quality=2
    r_SSAO_radius=2
    e_terrain_ao=1

Other than those, the rest don't really have much of a performance impact. I personally like playing with HDR so I'll take a framerate hit for that. Occlusion mapping on the other hand I'll pass on. You should really give my cfg file here a try, it's a mishmash of high, beyond very high, along with a few medium settings thrown in for very nice quality but much better framerate over high and very high.

3. Killcam

Killcam New Member

Hi guys,

I have a serious problem with this driver. When I log in to Windows XP after about 5 seconds the screen goes into something like the colors become fuzzy... after that it goes black and I can't do nothing. If I reset the computer I can only get to the desktop by going into safe mode. I reinstalled this driver with a full clean (I used Driver Sweeper and Driver Cleaner Pro in safe mode) and then it seemed good but today it did the same. :( Do you guys have any idea what's the problem or how can I fix it? The previous drivers didn't cause this. My VGA is a 7600 GS. OS is Windows XP 32-bit with the latest updates.

4. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    I will wait until the day a driver increases performance by 40% on all Videocards, and for then ill be happy...
    (does someone have an extra 8800 for me? :rolleyes: its 1800$ here :()

5. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    I have to honestly say that these drivers are ****, total crapola. Sure crysis demo runs reasonable well. But these drivers totally killed Klingon Academy, super ultra choppy and the game is from 2000.

6. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Just in case no one has mentioned it already...

nHancer works now with the 169.04 driver for XP 32-bit.

7. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    thankz ... getting 169.04 now :D ..

8. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Ok, honestly, whats so special with 169.02 and .04? I reverted to my 163.75 drivers and crysis demo runs just as good.

9. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Played Timeshift for a solid 2 hours plus and no problems whatsoever. It ran like butter and one drop dead gorgeous game.

10. Burt1972

Burt1972 New Member

older games

What about older games ?
    Crysis is not the only game on planet :)

On xp, 169.04 runs great :
    1) gtr2,
    2) wttc race
    3) cod 4 - MUCH better then 163.75

BUT:
    open gl sucks !

my quake4 is now about 40% slower !
    On 163.75 was silky smooth, now almost unplayable (1920x1200x4aa)

Anybody help ?

Thanks for answer and hello - i am new here :)

ps. my specs:
    q6600 at 3.9
    4 gig Ram
    8800 gtx ( 729/1890/1135 - voltmodded )

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007

11. jca2005

jca2005 Member

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 MB
    Its no different than giving out a link to a beta version of nvidia drivers. Did you think about that?

12. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    PWNED!:peeleft:

But these beta drivers we are talking about are publicly released by nzone. However everynow and then theres ones that come out that do have a NDA, sometimes ones that laptop2go has.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  13. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Well considering nVidia posts their beta drivers !!ON THEIR WEBSITE!! I would have to say it is nothing like that.

You sir, are an a s s h a t.

14. sazerty

sazerty Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 8800 GTX XXX
    welcom Burt1972,

i can't help you to your quake 4 trouble but i just try it with the 169.04
    and i get at 1280x1024 superior quality / AA x16 / all on, like 30 FPS
    i don't remenber before i put this drivers because it's long time i dont play with this game but that seems to be less than i ve before

what is the brand of your 8800gtx ?
    could you tell me how you voltmodded your 8800GTX or give me a link to tutorial or guide to do it ?
    i 'm actually at stock with mine @ 630/1000/1350 (is an overclocked model of XFX)

15. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    In the Nvidia Control Pannel, under the view menu. Advanced should have it, or you can hit custom and make sure you select all the options.

16. asphoRe

asphoRe Member

GPU:
    GTX460 1GB
    Uh, considering the author (Unwinder) himself has made clear that it was a CLOSED BETA, yes it is different.

Back on topic, I'm still using the 163.75s in vista x64, they're very stable, and reading from this thread it seems that the 169s are not. Will hold out upgrading for the moment, and see if it turns for the better. I do look forward to the performance enchancements over the 163s tho.

17. refraction

refraction Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768mb
    for me there is a moral difference between them

Yes Nvidia drivers sometimes get leaked (rather than just official betas) for us for testing that can be great, in nvidias sense it can be great too as they get more feedback from sites than they normally would, but either way nvidia employees are paid and told to make the drivers. So they will carry on making them regardless of if they get leaked or not.

Now Unwinder on the other hand, hes an independant developer, he makes the programs for his enjoyment and the enjoyment of others, he has only this as an insentive to program them. If people in his team or whatever start leaking his versions without his say so, its not at all fair on him cos people will moan theres bugs or theyve fried their gfx card because of it (as an example) and it all comes back to him, for an independant developer this can suck. Being a developer of PCSX2 i know how frustrating it can be when people want support for a product which was never suppose to reach the public domain. All it shows is disrespect for the author and his wishes.

18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    can you overclock with these drivers in XP or vista?

19. sazerty

sazerty Member

GPU:
    2 x XFX 8800 GTX XXX
    yes i can under XP with RivaTuner 2.05

20. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB