GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB Guru3D review

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 29, 2007.

1. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Wow, and an OC'ed GT from eVGA is only $10 more than the XFX stock one? I'm sold, gimme gimme, Newegg! I'm definitely getting my plastic out.

2. Oneone

Oneone Member

GPU:
    Geforce 280
    Always a pleasure reading your reviews! I am going to buy me e SLI setup next month! really looking forward to play Crysis on that hihi :D

3. steel_kelly

steel_kelly Active Member

GPU:
    8800gt 512
    great review, i dont aggree with the english price of £175 as that is what a 320 gts has been for ages now and i thought these were supposed to be cheaper while being faster!

if anyone see's one for lower in the uk please post where and i may just see.

4. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Spent most of the morning refreshing pages of etailers to get one of these - went for a EVGA 512mb standard clock model and will hopefully have it in a couple of days.

The rest of my system will ultimately bottleneck the card, but I should see a healthy increase over my 7600gt - and I hope to upgrade the rest early next year.

Can't wait for it to arrive.

Some places did start off cheaper today and then they all went up - I got mine for £180 all in...if you wait a couple of weeks they will probabaly be down to £145/160.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007

5. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Hopefully the same happens here in the US of A. I mean, some of those prices on Newegg are very close to the 320MB 8800GTSs, too... Well, now that they are discontinuing the 320MB, most likely, we may probably expect closeout sales on those.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    got mine evga 650/1900
    now to step up my evga 640 in two weeks for a new gts
    i cant wait for the guru review.
    no rest for the wicked boss

7. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Well, I'm hoping that the new GTS will be bundled with Crysis, tho, unlike the GT cards that are out now.

8. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I wonder if this heat issue will be fixed like it was with the G80 when they were released with extremely hot temps.

A lot of the first G80's being reviewed were hitting upwards of 97C in load.

I for one am holding off to see the new offering from ATI and how the new 8800GTS G92 will perform.

9. diogocv

diogocv Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire HD4850
    Nice review! I just wish there was a Crysis performance review :)

BTW, what's the size of this 8800GT - I hope it's the same of the GTS's.

10. Kollunz

Kollunz Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 5870
    great review my good sir! this is THE card i've been waiting for!! thank goodness that i didnt get the 8800 GTS.

11. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    darn, im really torn as to if i were to sell my GTS 320 and get a GT or just wait till more 2nd gen cards arrive..

so far im still happy with my card but at $250 and almost GTX performance...the GT is too tempting

12. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC

Sort of a shame you didn't pick up an eVGA or BFG, they probably would have allowed you to step up for a minimum price on those. I think that BFG was another brand that had step-up offers.

13. iLovPieNCake

iLovPieNCake Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285
    8800GT bought

Wow they have their first sale. From what I seen, Im gonna put that in instead of a 8800GTS 640mb. Love the single slot cooler(No matter what you say). I hate that its not Black PCB but thier comming and anyway its gonna take me 2-6 weeks to caugh up the money. AT the 8800GTX speed I love it so 1920x1200 will run pretty smooth on my rig. The thing that troubles me is that you guys are saying that the 800GTS' are gonna be replaced but I don't care since they said the 8800GT is supposed to launch with the 8800's or very soon after but look now. Also not to mention I will most likely get the EVGA one so 90day step up(3 months, if you can't count(Till January)). :Smile:

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    the GT is damn tempting

15. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    even if i did (which i couldnt because theyre not available here in the philippines) i think the stepup is only good for 90 days.. and i got my card last march/april so the stepup program would have expired already :D

16. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Tempted to grab one around christmas with any luck :D

Good job Hillbert, all that in less than a day is tough. Hope you havent got to fly back, chill out mate!

17. mart280

mart280 Member

GPU:
    Palit GRP 1070-2075-9314
    As far as I am aware BFG dont do a step up program.

18. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
  19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Temptations temptations lol, i was thinking the same should i sell mine and buy this, but yes imo its the best thing to wait for true geforce9 series or 10 lol. I pretty happy with current performance, and i new quad will help it even better. Although 512mb of ram looks like a life saver, when it comes to demanding games:O

20. mart280

mart280 Member

GPU:
    Palit GRP 1070-2075-9314
    That PNY card looks nice, have you ordered an eVGA superclocked 8ironBob?