EVGA stepup -> 8800gt

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by grimsanta, Oct 29, 2007.

1. grimsanta

grimsanta Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB @ 575/1750
    So I JUST bought an 8800gts 640, and all these benchmarks are coming out saying that the new 8800gt 512 is faster. I would gladly do the step-up, but the new card is much cheaper, do you think that they will even allow the step-up for the thing?

2. Octavean

Octavean Guest

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Honestly,….

No I don’t think eVGA will allow such a step-up. I’d call them if I were you.

I just bought an XFX 8800GTS 640MB card but its still within the 30 day return policy. I should be able to return it to Newegg and buy an 8800GT 512MB card whenever they start shipping them. This time though I think I’ll buy the eVGA version. Its rumored that an upgraded stream processor version of the 8800GTS 640MB will soon be released so if the step-up is honored from 8800GT to 8800GTS (upgraded SP) I’ll be good to go.

Never stray from eVGA ;)

When did you buy your eVGA 8800GTS 640MB card?

3. tucsonrider

tucsonrider Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870 1GB
    Yes, it's confirmed. You CAN step-up from a GTS to a GT. All you pay is shipping if the MSRP of the GT is cheaper than what you paid for your GTS.

FYI, step-up on the GT is currently back-ordered. It doesn't affect your 90-days though. Even if it continues on back-order status beyond your 90-days as long as you go through the step-up before then.

4. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Ehh, yeah, did you have to send a pre-order in on it to qualify for the step-up, or e-mail notify them that you're wanting to do so?

5. tucsonrider

tucsonrider Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870 1GB
    You would had to first register your card whitin a certain number of days from your date of purchase. That activated your 90-days.

From there, just go to their step-up page and start the step-up process with a selected card (like the GT). You'd be placed in a que and when the GT bceomes available, it's sent to you.

6. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    All right, sounds sweet. Guess I'll do that, as opposed to switching to a BFG or another brand of 8800GT. Never thought until it's been mentioned before that I could step-up on a cheaper card. I'll probably go and sign up, since I just bought this 8800GTS card back in the past week or two, in fear that the 8800GT would fail us in all the hype. Just arrived late last week, so I'll just sign this up, and get myself started.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  7. tucsonrider

tucsonrider Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870 1GB
    Yeah. My delima is either getting the GT or revamped GTS. *sigh*

Anyway, if you go GT and you paid more, they have 3 overclocked versions. Since you paid more for a GTS, might as well go for the highest factory OC you can get to get your money's worth.

8. THE_BAIT

THE_BAIT Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GX2
    You guy's are lucky, here in Australia we aren't eligable for the step up program.
    That suck's we can buy EVGA but have no benifits :bash:

9. mart280

mart280 Member

GPU:
    Palit GRP 1070-2075-9314
    I have jusy ordered an eVGA 8800GT superclock version from overclockers uk, does anyone know if there is a game bundled with it.

10. tucsonrider

tucsonrider Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870 1GB
    Quake Wars is bundled if bought from EVGA. Not sure of other manufacturers.

UPDATE UPDATE!

eVGA just removed the 8800GT from the step-up line list!

Grrr!! And I saw it on there but backed out because I was deciding whether or not to wait for any new developement for the GTS.

11. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    i would just try to sell the GTS 320.. then buy a GT.. might be a little more.. but youll get one alot sooner

12. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Ahh well, guess that eBay is my friend, if anyone wants a last-gen 8800GTS card. Then I guess I'll be going for the BFG after all.

13. grimsanta

grimsanta Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB @ 575/1750
    Does the stepup take a long time or something?

14. tucsonrider

tucsonrider Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870 1GB
    Rumor control.

The 8800GT line up in the step-up was removed to be updated with MSRP prices on the list. So... they're back. :)

Right now, the stock-clocked EVGA msrp is reported as $260. meh. My step-up is losing mileage in chance of not paying for a factory OC card (other than shipping costs)

The step-up process doesn;t take long at all. A few minutes. It's the back-order status that'll take awhile. Just note, you don;t have to send your card to them UNTIL they have confirmed that they have a card waiting for you.

They can cross-ship I think if you give them a valid CC. Otherwise, you send your card, they recieve it, and then they send out the new one. Turn around time is 1-2 weeks.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  15. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    A lot will want the cooler at least ;)

16. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Well, I'll probably give it another day or two before toying with eVGA, just to let the air out, and let them make things just right. Hate doing the step-up right on launch day, when all this has to happen...

17. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    its not on the evga sit enow i was going to did not showingit now :(

18. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    step-up involves when a new card comes out
    waiting for you # in the line to come up (backorder)
    shipping to them
    them processing
    shipping back

takes at least a week for the shipping part

not to say Step-up is bad but that is one of the only flaws to it

19. Frag-master

Frag-master Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    is this 8800gt on step up ?

20. tucsonrider

tucsonrider Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870 1GB
    I just took a peek at the list.

JUST the 8800GT 512mb BASE version is there for $260. They removed all factory OC versions. :(