RivaTuner v2.06 is on the way!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 19, 2007.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    can i test the beta and i will give feed back on errors and stuff

please

2. grunger

grunger Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 4GB
    There are some real idiots out there........
    I was going to offer my services as an tester and hopefully put something back into the product. Doesn't look like its worth it. Ah well thanks zalmancooled........

3. XeonX2

XeonX2 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti
    open source huh.... would like to see someone re-code rt for linux xD

and also dun look at the post count look at the date he/she joined the forum. cause not everyone post so much :knock:

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yes. Many tools including 2.05 and ATITool stopped working with 167.xx and newers driver because in these drivers NVIDIA completely broken 2D/3D clock switching for some GPU families including 8800 family. So all overclocking tools that tried to request 3D clocks via the driver failed to do that.
    Until NVIDIA fixes the problem, 2.06 will bypass it by detecting if the driver is supporting less performance levels than it should and by mapping UI for adjusting 2D/3D clocks to the same (and the only) clock mode supported by these drivers. So with these drivers adjusting 2D clocks in RT 2.06 will also adjust 3D clocks and vice versa. When NV fix 2D/3C clock separation, it will work as supposed and as it used to be with the previous drivers.

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    sorry wrong place

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  6. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    Thanks for the info. 2.05 will not overclock with 169.01 though correct?

7. Unwinder

Correct.

8. Unwinder

Agreed, that decision was definitively too emotional and it doesn't worth it.

9. Tr0n

Tr0n Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB
    Hmm, that's strange.

I've restarted the computer and now I can no longer overclock (just 2 sliders, cannot enable them). Rebuilding the RT DB didn't help.

10. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    If you have a build that overclocks on the new drivers I wouldn't mind testing it out and reporting any problems I have.

11. Gam3Ra

Gam3Ra Member

GPU:
    7900GS
    That is my problem too, but Unwinder do not want to help us.
    Many others have the same problem. This ****'d up everything, old driver and old rivatuner don't help. No other software can clock, NO OTHER. :knock:

12. Unwinder

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=241522

I no longer try to help any user having troubles with understanding here, you guys have to get used to it. That's the freedom you've requested.

13. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    Thanks man. Think I'll stick to 163.76 for now, since I can wait for Crysis and COD4 runs great on 163.76/ RivaTuner 2.05.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  14. nsegative

nsegative Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX 768mb
    Actually you can oc 169.xx with Ntune and the exteme (i forgot the full name) programs.

15. Tr0n

Tr0n Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB
    Heh, who wants to use nTune anyway.

16. mikeyakame

mikeyakame Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 729/1566/2700
    I was always told beggars can't be choosers :)

17. UncleBulgaria

UncleBulgaria Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    In all fairness Unwinder is one guy working on a top bit of software, which we get for free. The guy needs a life as well, so we can hardly bitch about it.

Regards losing overclocking.

A temp solution i came up with.

Go to Power User options. Set NVAPIshaderclockcontrol and NVAPIUsageBehaviour to 0 -> Okay

Open system tweak -> overclocking and you should now have options in the 2d standard view. leave it in the 2d standard view, go back into Power user and set NVAPIshaderclockcontrol and NVAPIUsageBehaviour to 1 -> Okay.

Go back into system tweaks and in the 2d standard option you should have all three options available.

Worked for me anyway.

Downside is that throttling doesn't work anymore, so your card is constantly overclocked. just glad I installed watercooling on my card last night:D.

UB

18. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Unwinder why don't you open a paypal account and start accepting donations for your work. That way you might feel a little bit better about giving a little support and not feel that you are just wasting your time. I am absolutely sure many, many users will donate even just a couple bucks and that can really add up. You have been programming this EXCELLENT program for so long now and you have gone through so much crap dealing with relentless newbies and now this leakage fiasco. You deserve a little break and I think some extra cash is warranted. Its not like you are going to be asking money for your program, simply set something up that says if you like what you get with Riva Tuner and want to show your support you have the option to donate 5 bucks or something reasonable like that.

Unwinder you'll feel better after you see your new video card or quad core or just a night out on the town your fans bought you. Just do it already, you fricken' deserve it.

19. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Holly mother of cow :)
    I swear in God this was done with RT 2.05
    With my water cooled system in the day when 169.01 came out
    3Dmark2006 17446
    [​IMG]

3Dmark2003 52761
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  20. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    I've told him this a year ago, he didn't do it then, and he probably wont now. This guy has some kind of moral values that most people just don't have anymore. He's someone to look up to you know :D

I have hosted free teamspeak servers, free webspace, free support for years and nobody understood why. But what I did is nothing compared to what Unwinder does.