Official Crysis demo thread- Launched October 26th

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rifle_Grunt, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    It's amusing when they tell you to fight like a man then run away to their friend in the jeep on the mounted MG42.

2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    God, I hope Nvidia releases some well optimized drivers before this game hits the shelves. I'm running everything on very high; Except postprossing is on high. I really enjoy the game play, this game is an absolute owner for me!

3. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Don't worry, with your Ultras yes you will.
    I'm averaging 28fps , runs well with no lag with the following system and settings....

8800 Ultra
    Q6700
    Vista DX10
    Resolution - 1920x1200
    Settings - Very High
    Shadows - High
    Motion Blur - OFF (makes me dizzy)

4. TheBard

TheBard Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Stock
    Great demo, hopefully a fantastic game as well. I can get ~30fps with 1650x1050, 4XFSAA, medium everything except high terrain/object textures, very high shaders/post processing.

But it is time... FOR SLI!!... and a soundcard... and new mobo/cpu/ram... upgrading is really a love/hate relationship.

5. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    That is real time, it's 16FPS. You can also notice aliasing on some parts. A video wouldn't have it, and would be at 30FPS

6. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
  7. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    I tried to read through this whole thread but just could not do it.
    I can't believe the number of people complaining about low frame rates while wanting to run high settings.
    This game is on another level...it's absolutley gorgeous and I haven't even tried it on very high settings yet. Sound graphics phisics and chickens too.
    I ran fraps and got around 25 to 30 fps average with peaks above 40 with 1600x1200 2x AA high settings. Yes I would like more but it was still playable and dam it's because there is soo much detail in this game, it's stunning.
    Turn down your settings if you want better frame rates it will still be beautiful.
    I'm going to hold off on remarks about the game play for awhile till I have more time in the seat but I would agree the damage modeling needs a bit of work. I can cut down a plam tree with a gun but people are a little harder.

Down load this demo and try it it really is beautiful.
    Here is a direct link to a fast server no need to sign up and no waiting.

http://files.filefront.com/Crysis+SP+Demo/;8895696;/fileinfo.html

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  8. mito

mito Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac gtx 280 SLI
    QFT..........

9. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    yeah gotta be the shaders alright...either that or we need better drivers for vista

for xp i cant complain, ive everything on high (except sounds on medium) at 1440x900 and im getting 25-35fps (saw 40s before i died lol)

but on vista, with a mixture of high and medium but shaders on very high, its barely playable for me..ive even set everything to medium, but shaders and volumetric lighting on very high and i get dips of 12fps! but it damn looks gorgeous..(or its just placebo effect knowing i set shaders to very high (very high means i enabled DX10 mode right?) gotta experiment more then..

10. mito

mito Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac gtx 280 SLI
    QFT..........

11. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    true that, i was shooting this guy from afar (well that may be the reason) but im quite sure kept hitting him in the body though and he was just like "oooh" "ooh" and seems to dance around..

12. Software Junkie

Software Junkie Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    For all those people having problems with the 64 bit version in Vista, with the beta nvidia drivers 169.01, try the following:
    In the Nvidia control panel, for the Crysis profile, try setting v-sync to either force on, or off. That worked for me.
    If I leave the setting on "app-controlled", it just freezes on the first screen, but with this tweak, it now runs fine!

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah, actually that's what I was referring to in my PP. Pissed me off that I could put half a dozen or more bullets into the competition and they just kept hopping and jumping like you just said.

I have to revaluate my original review though. The game has some quirks and bugs, but my overall opinion is that it kicks ass. I really like the physics in it, and interaction/damage to surroundings.

Damage model needs some work...

AI needs work

Sound quality was 9/10
    Game 8.5/10

I hope EA can use some of these qualities in BF3.
    Can you imagine BF2 with Physics like we saw in Crysis? Coooool......lol

14. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    can anyone tell me where the saved games are located? as im dual bootng now between XP and Vista and i hate to play 2 parallel games lol :D

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\LogBackups

Actually I don't think that's correct.....

16. Jenova_link

Jenova_link Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580

If you already overclock witht he last driver the clock should be lock on what ever you clock it too...my dose, I clock it at 625/985/1485. I know rivaturner look like it won't read but when i check the GPU info it still say 625/985/1485

17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Wow, this thread's had 33,000 Hits in 2.5 days. That's a few.

Yeah that sh!t cracks me up. EA def had a sense of humour.....

Not neccessarily. I have to re OC every driver change.....with RT

18. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    I wish there was a way to enable the 3d water in DX9. Thats the only DX10 feature I like. btw DX9 XP performance is about 3 times better than DX10 performance. I can actually play decently on Delta now :D.

19. n3rv

n3rv Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC SLI
    I'm not gonna complain too much. I'm running everything high on 1680x1050 with no AA at 25FPS average. For my system I would say thats not all that bad. Hopefully some driver optimizations and a few tweaks here and there and it will be much better. The game itself is really fun though, so far I have only tried a sneaky approach but I want to see how it will be with a more run and gun attitude. I still can't get over how great it looks though!

20. mito

mito Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac gtx 280 SLI
    we shall wait until the game is released next month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.