Nvida G92 (9800GTX/GTS) News

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Raven^, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I couldn't find any official world record for the Q6700 or any other recent CPU for that matter but there was some Israeli guy claiming his 4.1Ghz was the fastest clock for the GPU on air (many doubt it though). 5.3Ghz would be like a 130% overclock and probably not obtainable using technology that would be compatible with most benchmarks. I mean, it's probably possible to push a CPU that high but the modded hardware would likely not be recognized properly by "civilian" benchmarks. Anyway it's always advisable to benchmark new hardware with all system clocks at stock if objective comparison is the goal.

2. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Indeed it is strongly advisable to wait for real game-specific benchmarks from recognized sources using retail-bought cards (not carefully tested engineering samples), if we want to avoid people turning in their current cards due to unrealistic expectations and greed. I remember a year or so ago some guys were ready to throw away their 7900 GTX for the much more affordable 8600 GT which was anticipated to be a cheap mega-rocket. These same people were advising people asking about 7900's to wait until the 8600 became available, heck thanks to that hype even I was expecting the 8600 to be massively faster than my then 1900 XT lol

Such hype is not always in the best interest of the manufacturer because regardless of their real qualities overhyped cards usually acquire an undeserved reputation of being turkeys. If one expects a Cadillac and a Buick shows up he will not like the Buick no matter how cushy it is.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  3. devil007

devil007 Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7900GT
    Hi Karl,
    that guy is very legitimate source at least it seems so.He has 2 retail cards from Asus and Gigabyte.

4. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    So when are the next gen nvidia cards being released?

5. FuriousAngel

FuriousAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4700 OC
    Monday, October 29.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  7. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    does anyone know what the new GTS will be called?

8. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    8800GT | Samsung 244T 24"
    gts II

9. Leopardi

Leopardi Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7870 OC 2GB
    8800GTS

10. Colt M4

Colt M4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 970 SC Sli
    But if they called it the same thing, 8800GTS, it would possibly confuse people if it was actually new.

11. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    From what I've read, G92 is basically a die shrunk G80, with some core logic tweaks.

So, that should mean it has the full 128 shader units, and the full memory interface also.

SO, 8800GT, G92 would be 512MB, 256Bit memory interface, 112 shaders, and the 'new' 8800GTS supposedly has 128 shader units, and the 320Bit interface as per its predecessor.

This obviously causes problems, as the GTS would invariably perfomr on a par with the 8800GTX (such as the 7900GT performed on a par with the 7800GTX) - leaving us to imagine there is another GTX variant looming...........

12. neilapril

neilapril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS
    if EVGA lists the 8800GT in its step-up program. Then you would be able to step-up (or step across a little bit) and get the card. If you paid more for your original card then you would eat the difference.

I'm a mod on their website

13. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    so the 8800gt should fit the zalman vf-900 cooler right? i'll probably get 2 once i order the 2 GTs

14. StreeTunder

StreeTunder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 1024Mb
    when is comming the 9800GTX\GTS cards??? i only see people talking about 8800GT!

15. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I don't think that has been officially disclosed. I have read some things that say around the time of the Crysis launch, and other things that have said after the new year.

16. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I'm not saying he couldn't be legit, it's just that I have this thing about people who break the NDA, I am very protective of nVidia. :D

17. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I agree with you :eek:

I am more and more confused by nVidia's behavior which appears to make little sense marketing wise... unless they know something we don't regarding ATi's plans for the near future.

18. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Well apparently confusing people is nVidia's new marketing approach, will allow it to unload all these old obsolete GTS's on unsuspecting customers.

19. KiM6800GS

KiM6800GS Master Guru

then they're giving the unsuspecting buyers of, what they think, the slower 8800GT a big surprise. ^_^

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX