Dual Monitors and gaming

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Daimerous, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Daimerous

Daimerous Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS on 2 SyncMaster 205BWS
    Ok, I got an 8800GTS and 2 20in widescreen monitors. I want to be able to have one screen be turned off when I game so all the processing of my gpu can go to one monitor. Having 2 monitors at 1680x1050 really drops my FPS. There a program out there that will let me just turn disable my second monitor while I play my game and re-enable it when I am done? Because swithing the views in the nvidia control panel is a hassle and messes up the way I have my settings. Basically, a program that will allow me to have 2 profiles: one for my multiple desktop viewing, and the other for single display.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I run dual screens and I don't get a performance hit.
    There's a setting in the nvidia control panel under global 3d settings called "multi-display/mixed gpu acceleration"... set that to single display performance mode, and you'll be able to run your games on one screen with no performance loss, while still having something like Teamspeak on your other screen.

3. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    I run dual screen and so do a few of my roomates, none of us have had a performance hit.

What I use for dual screen though is called "Ultramon". It's really handy for handling dual screen issues. Through the options I have it set up so that when I double click the tray icon for ultramon, it disables or enables the second monitor. It works with all graphics cards, win2k, xp, and vista I believe.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

4. Daimerous

Daimerous Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS on 2 SyncMaster 205BWS
    thanks for the help, I tried both of your suggestions and they were what I was looking for thanks all.