The Gt5 prologue demo is now available...

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by (IRE)Wolfman, Oct 19, 2007.

1. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    on the PS Japan Network.

Download now if you have an account.

Cars available

Nissan GT-R New model
    Unknown TBA
    Lexus IS-F Locked
    Mazda Atenza Locked
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
    Daihatsu OFC-1
    BMW 135i Coupe

in coordination with the Tokyo Motor Show, new cars will be unveiled in the game from October 23rd to the 25th.

Track

Suzuka.
    No online play will be included with the demo,
    but single player will have you competing against 15 other racers

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  2. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    .... again a new topic about useless ps3 info. and not only that you got to have a Japaneses account to get GT5 demo if not its just pointless

3. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
  4. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    a pity i have no way of taking a screenshot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Why do you say that.........i am curious.???

Anyway on Topic........I have to try the demo when i go to work to see if it is any good.

6. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    stupid sony, i email them and they told me you need a japanese account to play GT5. that why i said it was pointless to post that info but the pointless info was on sony not (IRE)Wolfman.

7. mauaus

mauaus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7900GT zalman VF-900cu
    Of course you can always create a japanese account and download it...

8. Broken Haiku

Broken Haiku Member

GPU:
    AMD 280x 3GB
    Just Google for how to create a Japanese account. There's step-by-step instructions out there on how to do it. I have a EU, US and a JPN account on my machine.

9. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    stop being a negative nancy

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Looks ordinary. Nothing Forza 2 can't do. The graphics are probably better (hard to tell from the vid), but the rest is probably worse.

11. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    A PS3 game that actually might be good, wonders may never cease!

12. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    You can tell all that from a video (of a demo of a preview I might add) that isn't even captured from the source?! You've actually played it to make those judgments obviously?

I find it pretty damn good, classic Gran Turismo handling, feels like a cross between GT2 and GT4 for some reason and if the full game (not Prologue) has the same handling characteristics, a fully featured online mode and the depth of Forza 2 (which seems likely), with how much better it looks it's going to be a sure fire hit! :)

EDIT: for the record setting up a Japanese account is very easy and only took a few minutes, I did a US one straight afterwards so I could get the Ratchet & Clank demo early too!

How to set up a Jap account: http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/p2

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    i heard somewhere that gt5 will have less cars then forza 2 to start but thats not the biggest thing tbh :eek: damage propably won't be there at gt5 might be in later versions tho :) else it could be decent game :eek:

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok, I commented on the visuals from the link above and a few other higher res videos. My opinion, I stick to it. Apparently this looks very good tho, that's what many previews said, so ok, I'll give you that. What those previews also said was that the AI is thick as a brick, sounds horrible and handling anything but ordinary. Simply put better looking then Forza2, but gameplay wise not even remotely close.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, if I had a PS3 I'd buy it, I love racing games. I don't think it will be better than Forza2 (which is not the best anyway). 360 has killer titles in Forza2 (simulation) and PGR4 (stunning arcade racing). More than happy.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007

16. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Forza 2 is a good game.

Forza 2 gameplay operates at 60 frames per second, and replays run at 30 frames per second, due to their usage of post-processing effects.

The damage and physics in the game are improved over the previous entry in the series. The revamped damage system allows for multiple settings; on "Simulation" mode there are large impacts on the car's status with medium-speed crashes. On the "Limited" setting, it's possible to lightly crash on several occasions, but the damage done to the car is limited to a certain extent. On "Cosmetic", the damage is merely visible, but does not hamper the performance or aerodynamics of the car. The damage ratings for each part of the vehicle can be seen on the HUD accessed from the in-game menu.

There are over 300 cars available in Forza Motorsport 2. They are divided into six production classes and four race classes. A car's class can limit what races it is eligible for.

Detail wise i prefer Forza's trees, but where in real life the track has around 50 trees forza only has 10, GT5 has 50 but the detail is in that weird X shape.
    GT5 has better grass.

There are 13 tracks which total 47 different configurations

GT5: Prologue(Not the demo or final version)

It will feature 16-player online races, 50 cars, 5 tracks, and will support full 1080p resolution.

The ability to race with up to 16 cars at once. The AI has also improved from previous Gran Turismo games. Also new to the series, is the new, extremely detailed in-car view feature. It includes functioning speedometers and odometers and reflecting rear-view mirrors and wing mirrors. Players driving with a supported steering wheel will have the ability to look left and right in the cockpit of the car by using the D-pad. Any PS3 compatible steering wheel should work with GT5 Prologue. A new PS3 exclusive wheel is expected to be released around the time of launch of Prologue or Gran Turismo 5. The engine also sounds different when the in-car view is used.

Tracks known so far

Suzuka Circuit
    Fuji Speedway
    Daytona International Speedway
    Unknown
    Unknown

Cars (25/50 so far)

Acura Nsx '91
    Alfa Romeo 147 TI Spark 2.0 '06, Breara JTS Q4 3.2 Sky Window '06
    Audi TT Coupe 3.2 '07, R8 4.2 FSI R '07
    BMW Z4 '03, 135i Coupe '07
    Daihatsu Copen Open Top '02, OFC-1 '07
    Dodge Viper GTS '02
    Ferrai F430 '06
    Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
    Lancia Delta '01
    Lexus IS F '07
    Lotus Elise '96
    Mazda Atenza '07 (Tokyo Motor Show)
    Mercedes-Benz Sl 55 '02
    Mitsubishi Lancer IX GSR '06, Lancer X GSR '07(Tokyo)
    Nissan Gt-R Proto '05, GT-R Black Mask '07
    Renault Clio Sport V6 '02
    Susuki Swift Sport '07
    TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
    VW Golf GTI IV '01

This is only a preview of what The Full GT5 will be!

The demo that is out has 2 levels of AI, 1 is easy a bit like PGR the other is Realistic like Forza, maybe some people did not know because its in japanese?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  17. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gt5p/index_en.html

1st
    like i said AI has 2 settings, they must have only tried easy.

2nd
    The sound is excellant, especially with my meaty 700 watt 7.1 suround sound, i also hooked up my sony 650w stereo with its 250w sub and my 2 chairs also have speakers and subs, through my Surround Sounds out jack.(immersive, but any game would be:D)

3rd
    Handling is really good to just like forza i feel. Thats with a steering wheel.
    If you use the controller make sure you change the L2 and R2 to Brake and Accelerate!

Finally this is still a demo of a preview, not a Final Full game like Forza 2.

Just the difference from GTHD to this demo was a big leap.

18. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    I agree both are killer titles on the 360 but they're not killer titles when compared to other racers outside of Microsoft's box. Which is why neither really impress me, both being good, not great.

19. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Somebody's reply from game spot
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25991116&page=2
    I agree.

Also here's what the menu's ay in english

Driving Options

Transmission
    - AT
    -MT

Simulation
    -Standard
    -Professional

Stability management
    -On
    -Off

Tracktion Control
    -adjust slider

Front Tire
    -Normal N1
    -Normal N2
    -Normal N3
    -Sport S1
    -Sport S2
    -Sport S3
    -Racing R1
    -Racing R2
    -Racing R3

Rear Tire
    -Normal N1
    -Normal N2
    -Normal N3
    -Sport S1
    -Sport S2
    -Sport S3
    -Racing R1
    -Racing R2
    -Racing R3

Left button: Cancel
    Right button: Start

Pricing €30 Bluray, €25 Download

20. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    I actually think the two points made by Mr Gamespot-bloke are good points, surely all he's stating is that the AI is more realistic this time around, basically praising the game, not slagging it off. The AI knowing where you are on the track and not having impossible handling skills when nudged is real, and something previous GT's have lacked. So I'm not sure why the ranter ranted like he did.

And if all GT5 has going for it is amazing visuals then that is sad. I liked the GTHD demo, is was good, but I still play racers on the PC, which may not look as shiny, but they're far better in the overall gameplay department, in my opinion.