Crysis Demo looks to be delayed

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sl3000gt94, Oct 19, 2007.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    seriously. would LOVE to hear the explanation as to how downloading a game with no intention of paying for it is SOOOOO much different from recording a movie or a song with no intention of paying for it.

2. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Well, he said record it off the TV and radio (not download)
    wich are free media to begin with and if they are allowing you to view it for free recording it is no big deal, hence the PVR and tape deck that came with almost every radio back in the day. BUT to go search for and steal something not intended to be viewed for free or publicly is a whole different bag of nuts, be it a movie or a song. To justify it as being not worth your money to buy the game but it's well worth your time to play it is a childish excuse at best.
    OT. sorry....
    Crysis is still one of the best looking games yet to come out. The BETA was a BETA so anyone taking their info from that (performance wise and graphicly) is well deserving of any ill remarks made. Crysis has turned into the Britny Spears of the game industry. Sad really, the way people get personal about things they have no connection to.

3. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Just because Movies and music are obtainable by tv or radio , doesn`t mean they`re "Free media", copyright laws still apply.

4. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    It does when they are obtained by said media. I didn't mean to confuse you and have you think that because I saw a movie on TV or heard a song on the radio I can now obtain a copy of it from where ever I feel. :rolleyes:
    Denial is a wonderful way of allowing yourself to do bad things and not feel guilty. You may even be able to justify it through misleading comparrisons.
    SO to clear up your blaint misunderstanding of the copyright laws for TV and radio VS the piracy laws of the internet, I will do my best to use simple english.

One: TV and radio allow for personal reproduction of publicly aired programs. You do not break copyright unless you sell coppies or publicly show the said coppies(unless you get permission from owner of material to do so). If it was illegal (and it's not) do you think that cable companies would be selling PVR's??

Two: Downloading a game/movie/song fron the internet knowing full well that you are breaking the law is stealing. Dance around that fact all you want. It doesn't make it any less true. Because you feel the material isn't worth the money doesn't instantly mean it's public property, giving you the right to download it illegally and play it with out paying.

I hope that was simple enough for you.

Back to the topic:

Only 8 days 'till the demo and I still haven't installed the Beta ( I have had a key for ever). Dam work!! :D

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    so people is their a delay or will the demo still come out this month

6. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    there seems to be no delay.

btw guys do you think i'll be able to run the demo on high settings 1920x1080 with some AF and no AA? I don't use AA much because I'm running this all on a large hdtv and the distance makes jaggies invisible.

7. Ex4000

Ex4000 Master Guru

GPU:
    2600XT
    GUYS! sharing is caring!

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Dojomann: why even ask that? none of us know the answer. the only thing remotely close that we have to judge by is the multiplayer beta.... but who knows if they've made some nice performance improvements over it.... and if the demo has DX10.... we definitely have no idea how well it performs.

9. Napster

Napster Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia GTX980Ti SLI
    Full game is around the corner they better not delay tht.

10. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    Their apparently is a big Nvidia LAN party which is the launch date of crysis in early november....so their not gonna delay it if thats hanging over their heads!

11. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    IDK if this has already been stated here, but A Crytek employee said on the beta forum that the demo is still being released on the 26th.

12. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Sure you will be able to run it :)
    At a playable framerate....... nope :(

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    stalkerfan: really? sooo...... you've played the demo?

14. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    Hey dont have cow man :)
    I was just playing with the guy. I'm with you...it was a stupid question in the first place.

15. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Over here in the uk you are allowed to make a recording of a movie shown on tv,but you`re only allowed to keep it,by law for a short period of time.

Get it! Got it ? GOOD!

Now let me make it simple for you"pull you bottom lip over you head and swallow" :tool:

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    "A typical self-righteous and hypocritical response .

It`s exactly the same,and you know it."

See if I give a ****, you either support piracy or you don't, and quite frankly I don't have time to have a bitch with an idiot.

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    well guys i have a 8800gtx comin for next tuesday so im happy that their is no delay as i hope to play the demo at

-DX10
    -all settings ultra high
    -AF xHQ16
    -AA x4

i dont think i would mind if i had to lower the shadows down at HIGH but any lower and i would be pissed, is the demo dx10

18. madmossy

madmossy Active Member

GPU:
    ATi HD2900XT 850/950
    Good luck with that, I think your expecting a little too much though specially for dx10. Considering their has yet to be a dx10 game that actually performs well.

19. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    I would be suprised if my pc could run it at those settings and stay above 30 fps damien.

20. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    have faith mate