RivaTuner v2.05

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 28, 2007.

1. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    i have this problem were by rivatuner doesnt show my correct clock speeds and fan speeds, its showing my stock speeds but i have it OCed to 630/2200 and fan speed @ 100% but it still shows clock speeds of 575/1800 and fan speed of 60%. can anyone help me solve this problem??

2. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    did you OCed with rivatuner? you have to delete the olds and create new OC profiles with this version...

3. m4gg0t

m4gg0t Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    yea, this the first time using rivatuner 2.05 on a fresh install of XP. this is not the first time im useing rivatuner, i've been useing rivatuner sine ages ago with my 6600GT and 7800GS and this didnt happen.

4. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    Thank You to Unwinder for the Rivatuner 2.05, and just want to report that with 163.76 32bit XP beta drivers things work fine too.

5. nsegative

nsegative Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTX 768mb
    I'm just wondering: could having a too high of a shader clock without the core speed to back it up decrease performance? I'm running 621/1600/2050.

6. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    I just upgraded my drivers to 163.76 and now my overclocking section is not working.. it's like greyed out and RT 2.05 will not detect the default clocks.. this a known issue? I can however adjust the fans on both video cards just fine. :)

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No, it is not. Have no ideas what's wrong at your side and cannot help you.

8. trem

trem New Member

Honestly, i don't think Rt is working correctly at least in 163.75 XP.
    I had stated my issues in the "Guides Read Here" stickied post, i got fed up and deleted oC profiles, uninstalled, did a reg cleaning, reinstalled.
    Now with everything default, i started HW MON, fired up a 3D app, and RT OC my core mem and shader on it's own, so whatever, i went and remade my OC and UC profiles in the launcher with associated fan speeds and instead of setting everything up in HW MON IE: thresholds ect.. for automatic 3D oC 2D UC because it wasn't working correct, i just right click and set manualy from the tray.

Now it OC's the memory, or shader or clock independantly whatever it feels like leaves the other 2 at default or vise versa, seems to be that when you select Standard 2D or Performance 3D the overclocking profile settings below should reflect these settings you have saved for it, but they do not, you have to use the pull down and select your profile, only even the saved profile
    will not set core and shader clock where you have them set (if the top pull down is still in standard 2D) it will change only the memory clock on the slider, if i chose performance 3D all will change correctly, it seems the memory slider is acting independantly of the profile when you use the pull down for 2D or Perf 3D.
    Anyway, powerfull program, lots of features, but not very user friendly, i been dicking with this thing for two days and it keeps fighting me.
    Call it user error or ignorance but if i simply set the perameters as outlined in guides ect..it should be working and it is not...for me at least.

9. Unwinder

Honestly, I don't think that minds of many users coming here with such claims are working correctly too. If the tool is too complex for your understanding - just DON'T use it. It is damn insulting for me as a developer to read such a "clever" conclusions posted by those whon never seen RT in the past and hardly understand at least 1% of the tools features. None of you, dear newbies, cannot even assume that YOU are misunderstanding something. And I'm deadly tired of it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  10. trem

trem New Member

Well, i tried to state my issues without hurting your feelings, but i guess i did anyway, sorry, however true i have not used RT before, have used ATI cards last 8 years, i know that RT is one of the oldest and most used progs for NV cards out there i remember it waaay back with tnt cards when you started it right,...however there is not much documentation on this prog and it definatly is not EASY to use for a newbie by a long shot.
    You are obviously a very smart person to create such a program, i can't imagine how you even began to develop it.
    I am just stating what is occuring on my system, how or why it is not working i do not know, but i have outlined what is happening, and since i have done nothing but try to set clock speeds independantly for 2D and 3D and it is not working properly i thought i'de post the issue.
    I was under the impression that thru this forum and the few guides posted i should be able to do this and it would work, unless i am not understanding the functionality of the program...
    i know you are frusterated with alot of new users posting redundant questions however why waste your time on posting a bark back instead of maybe some insight, or maybe a professional opinion on what might be causing this problem.
    At least from a developer stand point i thought you might like to be aware of the/my issue for debugging.

To reiterate, it overclocks my card when i start a 3D app from a fresh install, when i have not set it up to do so, that right there seems to me should not be happening?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007

11. Unwinder

12. trem

trem New Member

AH!, thank you!
    It seems to be working now, thank you, i did not find this info on my own. Sticky that post
    I was unaware that you have to set 2D/LP3D/perf3D at the same ratio apply and save as one profile (Overclock), and again for a second (Underclock).
    I was unaware that the driver had it's own 2D and 3D settings, and that they would need to be overidden.

Incidentaly my LP3D sliders are locked, they are not greyed out, but are locked, and the settings therein are my cards manufacturer default OC'd settings, so i could not change them, however going ahead and saving them anyway, setting up HWMON with hardware acceleration it seems to be working as it should.

Thanks again :O

13. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    I removed and re-installed RT 2.05 and it fixed the problem.

14. Unwinder

Then most likely you had wrong display device selected in the main tab (clock adjustment is supposed to be available on the primary one only).

15. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Sorry to have to ask this again as I know it is in the forums somewhere, but I cannot seem to locate it with a search and I tried to look through the documentation to no avail. How do I stop Riva Tuner from sending information to my G15 LCD or even better how do I just make it so it doesn't always force the Riva Tuner OSD the foreground of my G15LCD. I hate how its always there, I'd rather the time be default.

Again sorry to have to ask again Unwinder I know how you hate reexplaining things...

16. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Press the red button on the hardware monitoring screen.

17. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    If I press it then my custom fan profiles will not work. I want to have background monitoring enabled, but no information sent to my G15 LCD. I know there is something in the power user I change, but I just cannot remember and cannot seem to find out what the heck it is!

Thanks for trying though.

18. RuKaDa

RuKaDa New Member

GPU:
    MSI 7600 GT
    Hi there, as far as I understand you donĀ“t want OSD.

Go to "hardware monitoring" icon > click "setup" > In the "hardware monitoring setup" > In "Data sources" choose on by one and click setup bar > In the new dialog box (downside of it) in the option "on screen display settings deselect the option.

Hope that you understand it!!!

19. Unwinder

There are two power user entries in RivaTuner\UserInterface node allowing to acheive both of these tasks.

MapOSDToLCD = 0 completely prevents RT from mapping data displayed in OSD to G15 LCD
    LCDDisableForceWoreground = 1 prevents RT from making its page foreground in G15 LCD

20. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    As usual, thank you so very much! Now I have it so it doesn't force itself to the front. Fantastic!