Official Catalyst 7.10 ready .....

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by honestjohn, Oct 11, 2007.

1. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512MB AGP - Cat 7.11 + CCC
    I have the Sapphire x1950Pro AGP too. To me, 7.10 + CCC is doing just fine!

No problem in desktoping and gaming as well as setting up game profile.

Cheers!

2. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    best drivers yet for sure,past couple days ive played halflife2:episode2 , bioshock, painkiller,clive barker's jericho demo, doom3,f.e.a.r., and dark messiah all play fabulous,renderings look nice and fluid in motion ,colors look more alive in game .was starting to think my monster dvi cable favored my 8800gts system and disliked my 2900 altogether,but it looks like drivers played a part in that as well for some reason,but there was a directx update a few days ago as well so that may have had somethin to do with it also.plus the only hiccup ive encountered with this driver also is when i hit an auto save, but thats more of a minor twitch in source games.

im using vista64 for those that dont have extended system stats layout.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  3. DEVIL29

DEVIL29 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia GTX 280
    oh well,back to the 7.7's for me then.......

4. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    I think it should be the case of clean and proper uninstallation of your previous driver and installation of 7.10!

Why not run a registry cleaning (plus reboot) after you uninstalled all components of your previous driver including CCC or ATT (if you used it). Then, install the 7.10 all over again in the correct manner.

My first installation of 7.10+CCC was stucked (No respond) halfway, So, I aborted it and did what I just said, reinstalled for the 2nd time and now it works like a champ now!

5. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    mne work great no problems.

6. DEVIL29

DEVIL29 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia GTX 280
    thanks for reply mate,but i tried about 4 times already-the last one i actually uninstalled my chipset drivers and back again before i put 7.10's back on.yeah,i always do a registry clean etc,been doing this for as long as i can remember lol.only the second time i've encountered a problem like this though.first one was with a nvidia 6800gt and drivers any later than a certain point (can't remember which) corrupted the graphics with spikes and strange warping.horrible experience lol.thanks again anyway.:thumbup:

7. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800
    What they mean with new feature for 1x00, adaptive antialiasing??
    I have 7.4 and already has that working perfect

8. dedejean

dedejean Active Member

GPU:
    GeCube x1950pro 256mb
    It definitely doesnt look alike. I am now using 7.4 and switching back to 7.10 (set to MCE) with driver cleaner pro... Colors are far more natural with 7.4.

Sad thing is.. i get +20fps under with my counterstrike source and bioshock runs pretty well...

What to use... What to use... FPS vs COLOR
    EDIT:
    ditto, this will be my first and last ATI card also... i mean honestly, it is quite good... everything is good except for that washed out colors, which is a REAL BUGGER. IF ATI FIXED THIS, i will purchase ATI for my nxt upgrade... otherwise, back to nvidia camp - nvidia has good driver support eversince.

9. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    Yeh, I agreed with dedejean, this would be my last ATI card too! Nvidia card and driver is far more stable and performs much better!

My new pc would has the nvidia-pcie card for sure! No more ATI card for me!:knock:

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I had to adjust gamma to make it look acceptable, it is too bright with MCE on and I can agree on that. It was just fine before they "added something new" to their drivers. I have had problems with drivers and crappy video quality since I bought this card. I am so :peeleft: off right now. :bash:

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    well hell man you video card is probally bottle necking with that old p4 so it isnt a suprize to me that you get croppy game play.

12. kev_gordon

kev_gordon Member

GPU:
    ATI X1600 Mobility

I have been troubled by the look of the MCE colour profile for ages. I didnt know the 7.4's were better in this respect so would love to install them and see how it looks.

Are they available for Vista 32bit?

I'm considering just using Vista's built in driver, as I don't game much anyway.

13. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    To be honest with you, if you don't game I would just use the built in Vista driver. Catalyst's for Vista from 7.6 and older are abysmal, mind you the entire Vista releases each month have been quite bad.

The old ones suffer problems with different things, but at least they didn't have this colour problem. I currently use 7.9 on Vista, anything older than 7.8 and its plagued by the "Display driver atikmdag stopped responding error." 19 pages of it. \o/

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/vista32/commonprevious-vista32.html

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I really think that AMD's video quality is from arse. VMR is too bright and overlay looks pixelated. Ghosting in MPEG/DVB streams is really terrible and H264 lacks post processing so it looks really bad.
    [​IMG]

15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I noticed those problems when watching TV in Vista's MCE, Anarion. It's terrible to say the least. Everything in ATI's drivers just seem to go from bad to worse upon each release.

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I guess it's NVIDIA next time, my 6800 Ultra's video quality with Purevideo codec is just awesome compared to this. I used ATI's own codec in that shot and it will look the same with Cyberlink's codec when hardware acceleration. Also, deinterlacing quality is also bad or should I say that it does a really bad job.

17. dedejean

dedejean Active Member

GPU:
    GeCube x1950pro 256mb
    yesm i am using it now... 7.4 under vista64. 7.4's color is exactly what it should look like. WTF did they do to the drivers to f*** the colors up???

i sometimes witch to 7.9 because i get good fps... too much hassle though. The most basic problem can be the most pain in the a$$.

18. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Now that I look back at yours, that is so bad. This is what 7.10 looks like under XP for TV. No ghosting and pretty vibrant. I'll have to check Vista again to see, though mine wasn't as bad as what yours displays.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I think it uses way too much post processing and that causes ghosting. Sometimes it looks pretty OK but sometimes it just makes video quality so poor that it is really, really ugly. I actually did some testing and streamed DVB to LAN network and watched it using VLC player and quality is much better (because it uses software). No ghosting and sharper but I really do not know what makes ATI video quality so poor in Vista.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  20. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Active Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX2060 Super
    In ATI Tray Tools go in "advanced tweaks/vista avivo" and tick "DI_METHOD".

This will kill the ghosting effect.