A few question about playing HD material from my pc on my TV.

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by tonvanrijn, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Vampiro2000

Vampiro2000 Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB@580/1350/850
    I guess they are, because i'm using original dvds like Saving Private Ryan (it says 16:9 1:78.1), or Spider-man 2 (2:35.1). My standalone dvd palyer is a YAMADA 6700, connected thru a RGB SCART. With the player the first movie (Private Ryan) shows the image completly, but using the HTPC to watch the same movie it shows litle a bar on top and bottom. The Spider-Man 2 movie in the Yamada shows two black bars one on top the other on bottom, as the HTPC also shows those bars, but the bars are larger.

2. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 8800 GTS 512 760C/1900S/2100R
    ok, then everything is fine. as i said a normal dvd player cuts off the edges of the picture, therefore you don't get black bars or they are smaller. When you look carefully you will probably see this. try a still picture at a specific chapter and compare them, the htpc will show a bit more content. if you like to have the same look on your htpc use a player which is capable of using pan scan like for example media player classic. with that you will be able to adjust the settings to get the same type of picture.