vista 64bit + crysis (what drivers do u use)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by damien666, Oct 3, 2007.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    please could u all let me know what drivers u 64bit os uses use as im having preformence loss problems

2. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 8800GT OCable 715/2ghz
    I've tried 163.69 and 163.71

I get crap performance on both and on low/med/high settings so whatever. I tried different config files, all diff resolutions, I'll give the demo a chance but if they don't improve it they are not getting my money and I swear by that. We'll see if CoD4 gets my money. If CoD4 is a let down, theres no other games that really interest me, so I will switch to a PS3 for gaming.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  3. buddee

buddee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 7900 GTX
    :(

I'm with you gabe. . .

4. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    I think I'll stick to HalfLife 2 SMOD or RedOrchestra. Sounds like this game is going to need a lot of optimisation before I'll touch it. Problem they have with the introduction of a new engine but I'm sure after a couple patches it will run well.

Having a blast with those other 2 and they are built on "old" 3D engines which shows that you don't need flash gang graphics to make a solid game. They both play very well on Vista. Wouldn't touch a PS3 with a 10' barge pole. If I had to resort to console gaming I would go a Wii.

5. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    the BETA isnt optimized at all. the devs said so

6. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I agree, but beta3 does have better than beta2 performance. And just one thing gabe, you wont get dissapointed in COD4!! The 360 beta i played very much, is the most fun MP game I have played for a long time. Actually after the cod4 beta im more waiting on cod4 than crysis. Crysis is a beautiful game, but not near as much fun as Cod4, I guarantee it! :)

Ps. And more importantly about the cod4, the Game LOOKS great and RUNS great! And didnt even notice any bad bugs!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  7. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    Ahh, yeah thats what I've heard from people, I think the game is DX9 only right?

8. 69sabb

69sabb Banned

i run the beta at 1280x1024 all high settings and dont drop below 30fps and avrg in the high 40's ,crysis runs very smooth,and are you kiddin me your tryin to run crysis on a 7900 at 1680x1050 ,THATS YOUR PROBLEM PRETTY SIMPLE .

9. bever

bever Member

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTS 320mb
    runs like ****e here.. even on low and med..

10. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    I just don't understand how people with such similar computers get so different results with this game, it boggles my mind!

11. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Well the devs said over and over and over again during the demostration videos that the engine was fully optimized for nvidia cards but it runs like crap! :peeleft:

12. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    yes, the devs are running the game more optimized then that BETA we got:knock::knock::knock:

13. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    I'm using modified 163.71 drivers and I AVG 30fps

14. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Can you please pos ta link for your modified drivers 163.71?

15. Gabe

Gabe Master Guru

GPU:
    What drivers were you using before and how many frames? which client were you using also?

16. buddee

buddee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 7900 GTX
    ?

which drivers works great on vista 64 bit

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi mate ive tryed them all and ive settled with 163.71

18. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Game works pretty well on my setup. No real slowdown but th actual gameplay sucks. Its just too confusing and lacks direction/polish. I'm only interested in crysis for sp anyway to be honest.

I prefere the look of quakewars ET and COD4. A more simplistic approach to teamplay but still very well executed. The money system, the lack of weapons, the crappy handling vehicles, not my cuppa tea really. I do know its only beta though so I can only really judge it once the final game comes out. Quake 4 ET may not have the graphical prowess of crysis, but the gameplay is where its at. Also wolfenstein ET was classic!

19. Uh_Oh

Uh_Oh Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 295
    You guys need to download the new beta client, which is version 3. It vastly improved on my system. Im using 163.69, no complaints here.

20. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    163.71. No problems besides ....the game being a BETA. Engine needs finalized then all is good.