Nvidia 163.71 XP WHQL Available...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Seketh, Sep 28, 2007.

1. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Any Windows 2000 users (not that many folks, though) should note that this installs on Windows 2000 on my older computer, too (Athlon 64 4000+ Sandy, NForce4, 7900GT).

Will let you know later how it plays.

2. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    The video overlay is a washed out pink colour after playing games that use the Valve Source engine. The bug has existed for about a year now. Comes and goes between driver sets the last set I had that didn't have it were a 9x.xx set.

3. MacBooom

MacBooom Member Guru

GPU:
    8800 GTS 320 stock
    just installed the WHQL, seems to run fine on my rig.
    al games runs very smooth, keepers for now

4. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    So...... nobody knows the answer to the question about the widescreen bug?

5. Splatter

Splatter New Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX 768
    Ok guys in dire need of help.I've tried installing these drivers plus the beta 163.67 and neither one will install.When it gets to the end it says "no system files have been modified" and tells me to reboot but after that the drivers still aren't installed.I've gone into safe mode and used driver cleaner every time but still no change.I've used nvidia for a long time and never had this kind of problem.I've even tried pointing windows to the folder and updating that way but get an error about parameters not matching when doing that.The other strange thing is that all the 163 drivers install in a win2k folder instead of the normal win2k/xp folder.Any ideas ?

6. PlayTheGame

PlayTheGame New Member

GPU:
    MSI 760GTX 2Gb Twin Frozr
    Hi everyone!

I've installed these drivers yesterday and for now they work fine for me. 3DMark scores are about the same as with 94.24 whql, also games are running smooth (GTR 2, Flatout 2,...), I'm also satisfied with IQ. I didn't test the games like Bioshock, Source games etc. yet, when I test them, I will report if there are any problems that are mentioned above.

I also found out, that with simple registry modification, old control panel (which is IMHO better that new one) could be used with these drivers. :)

7. Toxic Worrier

Toxic Worrier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275

Please show us that reg. tweak. I sort of remember using it once, but forgot where it is.
    thanks

8. PlayTheGame

PlayTheGame New Member

GPU:
    MSI 760GTX 2Gb Twin Frozr
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
    "SedonaDisable"=dword:00000002
    "ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000002

Just enter/modify this section of registry and it must work.

9. jeffy

jeffy Active Member

GPU:
    GTX570 TwinFrozrII OC
    Anyone notice a significant increase in anything with the WHQL over beta?

I have the beta installed and don't know if I should bother going WHQL... thanks.

10. savalord

savalord Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC 512mb 625mhz
    Vista and Games

Ok I have tried Windows XP and WIndows Vista Ultimate for older games and newer games. Madden 07, Madden 08, and Neverwinter Nights 2 all 3 have ran slower and jerky on Vista even with Areo turned of. While it runs perfect in XP. And my system isnt that much of a slouch. I get high scores on the tests that Vista has for the cpu/video/aero/HD/memory speeds. So that is why I am sticking with XP for right now.

And it seems that SuperG wireless doesnt work in Vista it always connects at 54 instead of 108 like XP does.

11. Toxic Worrier

Toxic Worrier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Thanks for the .reg brohiem, It works just fine..............
    So far 163.71 is solid. I don't really bench much, but I'm having zero problems with this. I'm using XG 163.71whql, and SH4, Stalker, Lockon, IL-2 1946 all run great. My older XP system flies real nice for it's age, and I'm keeping this driver. It's the first one since 93.71 that works real good across the board. Digital vibrance still won't hang, but I don't think that will get fixed... ever..:smoke:
    Nice driver though.

12. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Update : after trying the 163.71 beta, i was not happy and was getting black screen but now with the WHQL, i get none of that and good speed.

13. brokenmachine

brokenmachine Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900 GT
    So you blame Vista for SuperG not having good working drivers? Dunno man, i used to run xp / vista 64 dual boot for gaming and even with xp stripped to the bare gaming essentials and tweaked to high heaven vista still ran FASTER in all games. So i ditched xp and run nothing but Vista and it's smooth as silk in all games.

P.S. Turning Areo on or off means nothing in vista as when a game (or any other 3d app in full screen , sometimes windowed) is running vista automatically disables Areo and gives all the resources it can to that application.

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Vsync does not seem to work for me in some appications. The arcade emulator Mame32 for one. I get tearing on screen even if it is ticked. I have the latest (new) Nhancer and created a profile and still VSync does not work.

Any ideas?

15. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Ha. Why give money to a company who has subpar products, and horrible support and driver issues? Glad I sold my creative card. Last one I ever buy.

16. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Are you sure about that? Only games that explicitly use a shortcut with the compatibility options set correctly, disable Aero. You can tell, because Vista switches to the Windows Basic theme before the game runs and then switches back to Aero after it is done running.

17. ldspears

ldspears New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Nividia 8800 GTX
    Loaded the new Nvidia 163.71 drivers on my Windows XP Pro Gaming PC. I was half way throught playing the old Halo Combat Evolved for Windows. I fired up the game and my PC would just lock up. A major video problem with these drivers. I could only play Halo in safe mode. I went back to Nvidia to the older 162.18 drivers and Halo was working just fine with all of the eye candy turned on. There is a major problem with 163.71 and Halo. Anyone else have this problem with 163.71 and Halo?

Thanks

18. brokenmachine

brokenmachine Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900 GT

Hmm, you might be right as a quick pass can turn up no doc's to support my claim, however, I tested with HL2, 3dmark06, 3dmark05, aquamark, LOTRO, Prey, F.E.A.R. , vanguard saga of heroes, and NFS- Carbon (quick test as I have things to do today)and in all instances Aero was disabled once 3d tookover (as tested by observing switching to windowed mode and seeing no transparencies for a sec while it reactivated it).

19. XtremeDimension

XtremeDimension New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 (896 MB)
    8600 gt scores

Can anyone tell me the 3d mark 03 05 and 06 scores of 8600 gt and 8600 gts with 256 mb gddr3 graphics memory

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Finally got these drivers working. Very smooth with bioshock with graphic card's default clocks and rivartuner 2.02. But nhancer fails to open with these drivers (crashes). No benchmarking yet. I have had issues with playing games with my card overclocked before, the game crashes. I hve not tried benching or overclocking yet.

PS does nhancer have issues with this driver?