Enemy Territory QuakeWars RELEASED!! WOW

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by GaryX, Sep 27, 2007.

1. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
    ok, here are some more shots, but this time First Person view and i raised the res up to 1600x1200, 16xAF, 4x SSAA :)
    when you play online the 30fps cap is disabled!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz

is that a nova cat down there? olol

3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    "GET THE DATA BRAIN" lmao :)

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't like the map in the demo, tired of playing it and it's boring imo. D: I think they should have included the 2 beta maps instead of the second beta map...

5. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    I think i might skip this game, I already own bf2 and bf2142 and they keep me interested more then QW, looks cool though

6. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    I dont really get the point of releasing this game. It has all the elements the BF series has done to death, just feels less refined. I might have bought this 2 years ago but not now.

7. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Wow, you really think that Quake Wars is basically the same as BF? Let's see, BF has some stupid capture the flag type of domination game while Quake Wars is objective based. Objectives make more sense than some goddamn flags in "strategic positions". Quake Wars has helluva lot of all sorts of deployables, while BF series has none. Only vehicles are the same, and they behave very differendly. In BF they dominate the battle but in QW they don't PWN everything that comes into their way. They're something that can change the tide of the battle, but not win it.

8. me666

me666 Banned

GPU:
    nv1
    FATAL ERROR: Mem_Alloc request for 16777216 bytes failed

i love this part...btw. got it wednesday and getting tired and kinda bored of it already...to much peepz just insist on deathmatching around or vehiclewhore like mad, kinda sad...

this game is definitely a full year to late to be a success...

9. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I have to say it also, it's very BF2142esque, sort of a mix of Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory and Bf2/2142.

I actually thought single player would have some sort of story line to it and not just be an online game like the Bf series. That said, i like Bf2 and i like Enemy Territory, so it's not bad at all.

Does anyone know about this 30FPS cap? You can get your FPS display by pressing Ctrl+ Alt + ` (key left of 1) and then in the console type 'seta com_showFPS ', i also know of a command to unlock the FPS but i am unsure how to use it.

I found a guide about it called Unlock FPS information and tuning tips. So i will give that a read and try it out.

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I was absolutely shocked when i saw ET:QW at my local GameStop for 55Euro, ffs, most games are 45-49Euro, its 6 Euro more expensive and will be riddled with adverts. Seriously im shocked, at least Play have it for around 28euro

11. udm

udm Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit Geforce GTS250
    Ugh can't wait for it to be released here in Singapore

12. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    What sucks here is I am positive it's in the stores cuz it says they have inventory but I have to wait for Oct 2 for some stupid ass reason. Ticks me off.

13. nas711

nas711 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Dell 30" BFG 8800gtx OC + PhySEX
    Man i'm loving this game. I played the bf series (1942, 2, and 2142) for ages and eventually got sick of them. Picked the full of this the other day and it is refreshing for me to play. I'm likin the objective based goals much better than f#kin titan mode where you had to camp around a missile launcher all day. And to all those people who said the graphics are bad, seriously what drugs are you on? The new maps are gorgeous, alot better than valley (i was impressed when an ssm hit a shield generator over the refinery). Hell i haven't touched valley since i got it! I haven't bothered online play yet, enjoying playing against the computer too much! Strogg are much more fun imo. Don't pass up on this game because of the beta's!! Oh and im sorry to say, i'm enjoying this more than bioshock.....

14. Whiteraven

Whiteraven Member Guru

GPU:
    (2X) BFG 8800GTS OC 640mb
    Sucks that all these people got it early... well not for them I guess :)

Hoping to get a call form EB today telling me its in... but being in Canada it most likely wont be here till tomorrow.

15. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I'm Canada too man.. sucks big time. EB in my stretch of the woods sucks. Hell sometimes even Walmart gets it before them. Not to mention EB charges an arm and a leg. At FS, $39.99, EB $49(american)

16. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    Ok i guess ill give it another try! :ying:

17. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Is no one interested in the post i made about the Unlock FPS information and tuning tips guide?

I tried to follow the instructions but i still couldn't get it to go above 30FPS. Although the guide is fairly lengthy I think i'll just copy/paste the guide here none the less;

18. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    To the best of my knowledge, single player is always capped at 30fps. If you start/join a multi-player game and use the un-locks, it should work. Unfortunately, I do not have my retail copy yet so I cannot confirm this.

19. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    seta com_unlockFPS 1
    seta com_unlock_timingMethod 2, or 0, if you want to unlock it fully
    seta com_unlock_maxFPS 60, or whatever you want

That will give you desired fps, but it doesn't work in SP, only MP.

Oh and btw, has anyone else noticed that there are no ads at all? Atleast i haven't spotted any.Or are they going to be added later?

20. GaryX

GaryX Master Guru

GPU:
    ASROCK 6900XT
    i havent seen any ads too! :)

when playing online, the fps is capped at 60 (seta com_unlockFPS 1 <--- default), so if you dont break 30 online you should lower the res and try again