War in conflict drivers? low fps

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jogogold, Sep 21, 2007.

1. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm trying to find some sort of fix / idea / solution for this game, the FPS is absolutely horrible, with my specs on Max details i get 11-14 Fps.
    On the game forum people suggested that the 8800Gts 320Mb just doesn't cut it anymore (although it maxed out every single game with 30-90 fps except Wic)
    I've tried lowering some details but I'm still puzzled. Explosions totally freezes every thing.
    maybe this?
    maybe the 8800 320 vista combination is what causing it?
    or maybe my brand new 8800 320mb is dieing right in front of me?
    love to hear how the game runs on your 8800 320 & Vista x86 and the drivers you using with it.
    im on 163.69 beta

2. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    I just bought the game, installed it and I am having the exact same issues as you bro. Right into the intro of the first level, the cutscene has horrible fps. I even disabled a few graphic options after restarting the map and still terrible framerates. I'm really disappointed with WIC! BioShock and Lost Planet run like a hot knife through butter but I have no idea what's up with this game!

But you know what was the weird thing, the demo run so smoothly compared to the retail version.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  3. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    This game is brand new next gen and you are trying to run it max settings with a midrange pc hence your low fps. http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6179006/p-1.html sorry but your only options are to turn down the settings or upgrade because this game needs a monster pc.If you read through the link i posted through to the gfx cards you see that your card got 30 fps at 1600x1200 high quality.To run very high quality you need a 8800 gtx and more cpu even then you will only get 36 fps.Look at my profile even with my pc when i tried the benchmark maxed gfx and 1680x1050 my low fps was about 14 avg about 30 i think and around 80 max.Thats vista 64 and dx10.My pc is only just enough to run this rts max.

4. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX2080ti
    I had the same issue so i turned everything to medium and i was still having low framerates (20-30 in battles), i then went to the Nvidia control panel and turned of multisample and that incresed my frames too 50-70.

Game looks and runs sweet at medium now, i could probably turn a few more settings up.

Read this also http://www.massgate.net/read.php?28004,38410 lead designer is saying 320mb cards will not be able to run at high/very high without framerate problems.

medium=320mb
    high=512mb
    Vhigh=768mb

5. Jazza104

Jazza104 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1GB 4870
    .. some people, honestly.

6. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    My computer is not midrange!
    phh... the nerve!

i can't find an option called multismaple in my Nvidia cp

7. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 295
    Hehe, get used to it, i run a Quadcore 3ghz, 4gb RAM, Radeon 2900XT, the directX 10 Perf is terrable , and the DX9 perf in vista is also laughable, i currently use XP64 and its as smooth as a babys bum at FULL gfx

8. jogogold

jogogold Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    interesting.
    can you post your xp ingame benchmark and your vista (same dx9 settings) benchmark for comparison?

9. 7oPd4wG

7oPd4wG Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX KO 770/2300/1945
    Well my first choice wouldn't have been the 2900XT as it compares to Nvidia's bottom line cards. If your gonna go quad core get a better video card like a 8800GTS 640MB or better.

10. pmanipole

pmanipole Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6970
    i was getting real choppy gameplay with low fps. i uninstalled the game and then did a reinstall. the game now runs great.
    try that, it worked for me.

11. jabloomf

jabloomf Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    I'm assuming that the problem must be with the DX10 version, since I'm running WIC with a GX2 under Vista x64 (only DX9 obviously) with 163.69. At 1600x1200 and most settings on "High", I average 27 FPS in the benchmark and mostly above this ingame with FRAPS or RivaTuner FPS logging.

BTW, the game is still pretty, even with medium settings. A single 8800GTS is just a bit faster than a 7950GX2, so it should run WIC about the same or a little better, one would think. If GTS users are having problems with WIC, I suspect we'll see another beta driver soon. 163.69 specifically targeted correcting problems with the DX10 version of WIC, at least according to the driver release notes. In the mean time, I would suggest using the "Custom" graphics setting and turning down specific entries using the advanced graphics menu, until you get a balance of performance and IQ.

WIC is really a fun video game and it combines the best concepts from the CnC series with the best features of BF2. You want to watch the whole battlefield, zoom out. You want to watch single units, zoom in.

12. Kakihara

Kakihara Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX (SLI)
    chekc my confing on the right
    I play in 1280x960 (CRT inside) on the presets high or very high not so sure (note that changin res in my config hardly changes the fps I lose maybe 5-10fps in oblivion 1900x1200)
    with the small change of : vsync on(to test stuff)-16AF-2xAA
    with winXP dx9 163.69

I can have 85fps sure (vsync remember) but when huge bombing starts with many units onscreen (carpet bombing or so) I have seen it slow down to 18-20fps
    I think it says it all about the needed config lol

AA absolutely kills the framerate btw AND I suggest you do some test using the benchmark featured ingame, I don't think they included it just for "fun" but because you really need it to tweak your settings.

game is great in a strange way because it's more an artillery game than a "unit" game still can't stop playing it until I finished the campaign hehe.

gonna make a bench now and post my results

13. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Performance is ok for me, not the greatest.

I loose a few fps in dx10 mode but nothing to complain about.

At 1920x1200 with everything maxed 16xAF 4xAA, I get 14/31/83 (min/average/max) with the benchmark. Gameplay at those settings is acceptable. But I haven't played it much yet, and when I do try it again I will most likely lower some settings...

14. Kakihara

Kakihara Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX (SLI)
    Hmgngngn stupid forums that need me to login 10x a day...
    can't edit my post above....

forgewt what i said
    and I don't think changing res will do any good seems like a CPU problem more than vidcard

1280x960 16af-2xaa 85hz vysnc
    20-43-83
    1280x960 16af-no aa 85hz vysnc
    20-44-103

1900x1200 16af-2xaa 60hz vysnc
    16-39-85

1900x1200 16af-no aa 60hz vysnc
    19-42-94

p.s. don't ask me how the benchmark can have more fps than 85 with vysnc on lol

15. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007

16. bfGDennis

bfGDennis Master Guru

GPU:
    Bfg GTX 295
    I don't own the game but have played the beta
    and I found it abit slow in Dx10 mode and

I guess I'll pass on buying the game after hearing all these problems

17. Kakihara

Kakihara Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX (SLI)
    There are no problems ;)

btw the final game seems to run slightly better than the demo.
    the beta was way worst fps-wise

18. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  19. morfeus02

morfeus02 Guest

GPU:
    GOOD
    in the review they clearly say it's a driver issue
    "test three times to be sure including a re-installation of the driver, but the results matched time after time. I'm pretty confident it's a driver bug though."

cause using rivatuner

my mem doesn't even fill......

it's clearly a driver issue

@ least read the reviews you post....

20. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS(G92)512 x2 S
    Both my brother & I own the game and it runs with no issues at all. not sure what everyone is complaining about. Im runnnig Vista Home Premium 64bit.