problems making 3d profiles work

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Caelen, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Caelen

Caelen Member

GPU:
    2xGigabyte GTX970 G1
    Hello, im new to this tool after coming from riva tuner when i built new pc with ati card.

im using asus hd2900xt in xp.

Im not yet interested in overclocking but i want to set 3d profiles (anti aliasing and aniso filtering, mainly) for different games.

it seems simple ive created a profile for testing with full AA and AF and saved it.
    ive created game profile and created shortcut for game. great however settings wont take. When I run game no AA is present. Ive tried selecting profile manually in 3d profiles and it selects it (has a dot in circle) but AA is still not present in game.

Ive tried disabling hot key poller which makes no difference

im on latest catalyst version(non beta) 7.9 i think

Thanks for any help.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    What game?

3. Caelen

Caelen Member

GPU:
    2xGigabyte GTX970 G1
    well i tried a few, live for speed, netkar pro and gplegends.
    i was using these because AA is very noticable if its on/off.
    all work fine if I set AA in CCC.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Newer sow this problem. Please fill your system configuration and provide information about OS type and installed software.

5. Caelen

Caelen Member

GPU:
    2xGigabyte GTX970 G1
    system:
    E6850 core2 duo@3.6 Ghz
    4 gig corsair 1066 ram
    Asus p5kc mobo
    asus hd2900xt
    audigy xfi
    2 x 500 gig sata 2 HD

I multi boot but im trying to use tray tools with my games partition which is wionows xp. However this is a very small xp, i remove most stuff with xplite and turn off a lot of services, only software installed is drivers.
    it is possible that i have some part of xp or some service which tray tools requires that i have uninstalled/disabled. However the actual program seems to work fine, just thes settings dont seem to work.
    I have turned off ccc auto startup at boot as well.

catalyst version 7.9

thanks, much appreciated your help.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  6. Caelen

Caelen Member

GPU:
    2xGigabyte GTX970 G1
    ok ive done a bit more playing around and i think im wrong, profiles do work but 8xAA doesnt. In all the profiles i tried the AA was set to 8x.
    i was playing around with ccc and tray tools, i noticed if i set AA to 2x in tray tools then the setting in CCC would match, and vice versa when i set to say 4x in CCC then tray tools would match however when i set tray tools to 8xAA then CCC would still be at previous setting, and if i set CCC to 8x then tray tools would show value as blank.
    Hope this explains the issue, I can use Tray tools now just cant set AA higher than 4x for the moment.

Thanks.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATT doesn't support new AA modes yet.

8. Caelen

Caelen Member

GPU:
    2xGigabyte GTX970 G1
    thanks, didnt know was non standard AA type, just set 8x didnt play with narrow wide etc.

anyway thanks and thanks for the great app,