Rivatuner v2.04 released

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

2. Unwinder

I'm currently in the office and have no 2900XT installed here, so I'll be able to verify it only in the everning.
    Which duty cycle value are you trying to set? Duty cycle adjustment step it granular on 2900 family, the next possible value after 25% is 31%. So if you try to make small adjustment (e.g. 25->27) then it is supposed to be reverted to default speed.

3. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    nope....

your newbie warning guide didn't solve anything.

what bugs me is, i can OC all day in XP, get into vista with new drivers and new riva tuner, can't do $h*t!.

been reading the FAQ, and every help file it comes with., nothing has shed any light on why this isn't working.

but thanks anyway.

4. Unwinder

exzeth

Newbie thread you've been redirected to clearly says the following, don't tell me that you have not seen it:

And your question is more than directly addressed in sticky thread describing specifics of new shader domain overclocking techniques in 163.67+ drivers:

I was not joking and written that warning thread for newbies not just for fun. I'm not gonna waste any single second on lazy persons visiting techsupport. And you have all chances to be the very first newbie leaving from this subforum due to ignoring rules. So don't feel offence, you're warned, I strongly don't recommend you to post anything else like that in RT subforum or you'll get your deserved "medal". And I warn everyone once againg, I won't make any more warnings. If you absolutely don't respect my time and ignore everything I tell you - don't expect good attitude from my side and forget about RT forum.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007

5. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Well done !

This version works perfectly with Forceware 163.69, and no need for tricks to make it work under Vista64 anymore!
    Thank you very much

6. Unwinder

Well, I've just came back to home and reproduced the problem. I was experimenting with alternate I2C access protocol for ATI R600 family in 2.04 and sadly I've completely forgot to uncomment original I2C write code in final build. There are two ways to fix it:

1) Enable experimental R600 I2C access layer. This can be done via PowerUser tab by setting ATII2CAccessModeR6xx entry to 1 then restarting RivaTuner. Please take a note that experimental access layer is much slower than original (old) one.
    So I2C operations (e.g. detecting default fan controller settings) will take much more time when it is enabled.

2) Fix 2.04 executable to uncomment old R600 I2C write protocol implementation. This can be done by creating a patch script (plain text file with .rts extension) with the following contents:

[Common]
    SrcFile = RivaTuner.exe
    DstFile = RivaTuner.new
    BakFile = RivaTuner.old

Src0 = D1 E8 FF 75 1C 8B CE
    Dst0 = 90 90 FF 75 1C 8B CE

After creating this file you may open it with RivaTuner and apply it to installed 2.04 executable. It will generate RivaTuner.new file in the application folder. Then you can simply close RT, remove original RivaTuner.exe and rename RivaTuner.new to RivaTuner.exe.

Please take these 2 ways are mutually exclusive and after patching you cannot use ATII2CAccessModeR6xx = 1 and must set this entry to 0 or remove it from the registry.

7. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    can u further advise me unwinder?

how do i make an rts file and what do i exactly do?

plz help i want this to work lol

and are thos spaces between the letters and the = sign?

8. Unwinder

Just create a text file called blablabla.rts with notepad, copy that text to it then open that file from Windows explorer. But if it is too hard for you - I'd strongly recommend to start from way #1 (ATII2CAcessModeR6xx = 1). It is way more easy for beginners.

9. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
    did you read the text in brackets?? ("plain text file with .rts extension")
    start->programs->accessories->notepad
    copy and paste the text unwinder quoted
    file->save as enter whatever.rts as the filename

10. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Thanks unwinder, that is particularly helpful as I am playing Bioshock heavily right now!

Btw, love the newbie sticky ;)

11. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    sorry unwinder and other useres

i really wanted to do this the harder way as to learn something

i opened notepad and pasted in the info from the word common down to the rest of the gibberish

i then saved as .rts file

i moved to desktop and ran it and nothing

i went to drive c programs rivea tuner and istanned there and nothing
    i installed in the same location but into the riva exe and nothing

no .new file appeared

so now i try the poweruser tab and i cannot find the place i should be in power user

i am dumb at this great tool and i only use it for monitoring and to set fan speed which i need to do

so if someone has patience and can teach me or draw me a tutorial detaild of eithwer way to do it,prefered first way

also i would need to know where in reg to go to change the value of the one key

ty and sorry,but i love to learn these things

12. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    You need to turn off hidden file extensions so that you can rename the file with a .rts extension. Otherwise it will just save as name.rts.txt which is just a text file.

13. Unwinder

Open PowerUser tab, expand RivaTuner\System node (the very first node). ATII2CAccessModeR6xx is the very first value in the node you've expanded. Double click it and enter 1, press Enter to add value to registry then simply restart RivaTuner.

14. blade9722

blade9722 New Member

Actually, I did read the sticky thread about new shaderclock setting, and I tried different valuse: -1 (which means "deafult"),1,1.5,2,2.32,2.5, without luck. i also tried either small changes in ROP clock, not only great ones.

I futher investigated, the problem seems related only to SLI. After re-initilializing overclock engine with GPU single configuration, I fopund out it was working flawlessly, even shaderclock. However, when i reverted back to SLi configuration, the result was this:

[​IMG]
    Again, I changed clock for all three frequency domains (standard 2D, Low power 3D, Performance 3D).
    As you can see, while RivaTuner reports clock changes are applied, Nvidia Monitor reports no change occurred. Unfortunately, benchmark tests confirm the right one is Nvidia Monitor. Perhaps this is due to the fact you're changing only master VGA clocks, if I remeber well SLI uses the minimum clock values between the two cards.

If you need me to perform some other test, don't hesitate to ask me.

Best regards

Blade9722

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  15. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    So sorry if this is asked already or not, but i can't find anywhere if the ATi R600 series are supported or not. I'm willing to give RivaTuner a try and if allowed want to bundle it with the DNA-ATi drivers. So don't forward this to the NEWB topic but please answer it Unwinder if possible. AtiTray Tools doesn't support the R600 cores at all and RivaTuner seems like a nice program that could enhance the DNA-ATi drivers experiance if allowed. I could also (if you want) help with beta testing with the DNA-drivers Aplha testers on a wide range of ATi cards.

Kind regards.
    KillerSneak

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007

16. Unwinder

Try to peek in documentation, Known issues section. It clearly says:

- Currently RivaTuner doesn't support SLI overclocking under Vista.

And I've repeted the same thing in the forums a lot of times!

17. Unwinder

Yes, it supports R600 family since 01.07.2007 when v2.02 was announced. However, I dislike the idea of integrating RT into any driver packs, sorry.

18. blade9722

blade9722 New Member

You're right, Sorry for having bothered you.

19. madmossy

madmossy Active Member

GPU:
    ATi HD2900XT 850/950
    Created the rts file as per the instructions up above, put the rts file in the rivatuner installation folder and run the file.

A window pops up with things like patch script discription and patch script log, when i click on continue nothing happens, in the patch script log window it says.

Browsing for file RinaTuner.exe... cancelled.

Thats it, the *.rts file is located in the same folder as the rinatuner.exe file so should see it fine.

Any ideas ?

20. Unwinder

When you click continue and start the patch script you should _point_ installed RivaTuner.exe file.
    2900XT owners, you make me scared. ;)Don't try to go harder way if it is too complex for you. Use PowerUser approach.