Let's petition ATI to stop including unwanted apps in Catalyst Packages!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by retiredat44, Sep 11, 2007.

1. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    Let's petition ATI to stop including unwanted apps in Catalyst Packages! It's B.S.! I am not happy having to have them shoving application and crap games (Steam, Earth something,,, ) on me when I go to download and install Catalyst Drivers. Whoever started this packaging needs a kick in the ASS! Who's with me? :puke3: :cops:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If you use the express option to install it, you can choose to include, and not include some things. Plus, it doesn't install earthsim, just gives a link to where you can install it.>_>

3. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti
    I don't want Steam crammed down my pipes either... If I wanted it I would go look for it..
    :spam2:

4. J.B.

J.B. Member

7.9 even installs free steam games when you deselect it in advanced setup. And I thought Nvidia was a s*** company...

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Well, deselecting options is fine but wasting bandwidth and time for something you don't need is stupid.

6. tsunami81

tsunami81 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Xpress 200M 256mb
    i want CP for vista!!!

7. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    I just download and install the drivers only package and use ATT instead. Saved me a lot of headache.

8. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    That would be like petitioning to remove the ads on Guru3D. They help pay for the server, and same with the drivers

9. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Why are they giving the cpu and gpu's away for free now?

Nvidia just give you the drivers, no bloatware just drivers.

10. J.B.

J.B. Member

What? As far as I know GPUs are still payed with real money. Or did I get scammed?

11. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    They get a one time purchase, and have teams making drivers for years, which you get for free for as long as they are made....

12. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Thats true... plus the amount of bandwidth used for the drivers...

I haven't really had any problems with the drive packages, now if i was still on 56k connection then maybe....

13. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    I also hate it that ATI requires .net while Nvidia installers don't.

14. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    No offence but this is stupid, anyone here can say ATT? ;)

I demand the old cp back!

15. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    No offence,but they are obliged to provide good working drivers for their product,and the fact they need to produce newer and better working drivers is only for their own benefit,the better your product,the better reviews it gets,and the more people will buy it also.Imagine you got a new card with crappy drivers,you will demand a refund if they don't fix the drivers.
    Also newer drivers are not made for my card,they are made for the cards just out,the fact they remain backwards compatible is just a bonus for us with older products.

As for the new packaging,I agree,it's unwanted here.

16. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    lmao .. give me a break. Is it really that hard to UNCHECK the little box? As of 7.9 ATI has NEVER unstalled anything I didnt want. Just the CCP and drivers. And its STEAM is ALL. Which have been apart of ATI for how long now? You know "BUY" the card and get blah blah free? So there are going to be people out there STILL buying the cards and wanting their FREE games.

Now if it installed it and I had no choice then I would understand but grow up, get over it.

17. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    you're missing the point,we have been growing up with drivers and nothing more,now all of a sudden they throw in a bunch of extra's.It's just not the right place to advertise with anything imo.If they want to give away free bundles or crippleware or whatever,they should make it a separate download.
    As for unchecking the boxes,yep,that's easily done.

18. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    It all starts simple.

Nvidia did the same. The classic control panel was awesome. Overclocking, temperature, it was all there. Now you have to install Ntune in order to view the temperature.

19. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    when i bought my 8800gts last year and installed it, i was part confused, and part irritated from that. but i learned to accept the force feeding of switching panels when i didnt want to like everyone else :p

however that was worse imo than ati drivers asking you if you want steam.(alot of people do use and want steam and on fresh windows installs for people that are going to install steam anyway that just saves them a step because gpu drivers come before game installs anyway on a dry drive)

but i still dont see the part where its "crammed down your pipes", thats like if your at the supermarket to get something specific and the free sample lady asks if you would like to have some freshly cooked chicken while your there at no charge, and you respond "stop trying to cram your crappy chicken down my pipes!! its unwanted!. if i wanted it id go look for it!"

damn amd for offering you steam and damn that free sample lady for offering you chicken. what kind of world do we live in with injustices like these.