Halo 3 is out now in ........

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by NvidiaFreak, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Thing is, Halo for the Pc sucks. It's a crappy port, like many others. The end.

I find it weird to play the pc version, there's just something wrong, and I don't find it fun. I think it's the speed of the game that's not suited for the mouse + keyboard.

But then again, I think that what makes Halo so great is multiplayer, especially co-op. In 2001 and 2004 there wasn't a game that could even get close to Halo co-op, and most of you pc players couldn't enjoy a significant part of the game.

That and the fact that Halo for pc comes like 3 years after it's out, which makes it's experience outdated.

2. Diernes

Diernes Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 3gb SLI
    Its over rated because it was the first FPS on consoles really to be "nearly" on par to what PC gamers had been enjoying forever...I think you will find that most PC gamers played Halo on an XBOX, and probably never bothered to check it out on PC anyway.

its a decent franchise, but no where near worth all the adoration and praise it gets.

3. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    To be honest i've had more fun playing Halo then Half-life 2.

4. Waffen-5

Waffen-5 Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX 768mb
    Halo is seriously the most overrated game ever!!!

5. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    It really depends how you view it,some people just see a bog standard shooter whilst other see a game with a deep story,amazing AI and setpieces.

I really think it's one of the best shooters available but then again thats just my opinion.

I think it'll be leaps ahead of Halo 2 and it'll surpass the first game,roll on the 26th.

6. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Now the 360 can die with Halo 3 at its side. What else have they got coming that will compare to it?

RIP XBOX 360
    November 22, 2005 - Novemeber 22, 2007

:dead::dead::dead:​

LOL just kidding!

7. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Fixed lol!:smoke:

8. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    2x256MB Geforce 7800GTs in SLi
    Not owning or having used a console myself, isn't the controller dynamic for the PC just so much better when compared to what the consoles offer? Especially for FPS type games?

PS. IN 6 years I will start the Halo 3 for PC threads for those 4 users who actually have enough money to buy the latest OS from Microsoft at that time. You know, the one that won't support OpenGL 4.0 natively and (not to even mention) the lack of Quad-SLI support and on-par old DirectX 10 gaming performance vs. Vista, assuming their existing games actually work... :)

9. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Whats September 25?

What i was trying to say is where is the future with the 360 and new games.

The PS3 has not broken into its best games yet, but the 360 has brought its best, or best of by the end of the year.

I don't think the PS3 has any great games yet. Sold 7 PS3 games so far(finished them) Only have RR7(90% done), Motorstorm and NHL 07(great multiplayer) left.
    I can afford 3 PS3 games or 2 PS3 and 2 PC.

Bioshock is out but i don't like it and no multiplayer. The 360 is getting new games, but they will be on vista too. And thats why i have my PC.
    I will end up getting a 360 again(had one for 6 months) when they fix them, Falcon is done but i want 65n gpu and cpu. When they are in shops(not even made yet) i will buy the 360 and Halo3 find out how the story ended, and use the 360 for lan games and halo3!

I'll be getting these games soon.

Pes8
    Fifa 08
    NFS Prostreet
    UT3
    Crysis
    GT 5 Prologue
    Assassins Creed
    COD4
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
    Dirt
    FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
    Burnout
    MGS
    Sega Rally Revo

And maybe a few others
    but no reason for the 360, i hope it doesn't die though. On all sides. Competition is a good thing! ;)

10. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    September 25/26th is when Halo 3 is released.

As of Xbox 360 dying because of no Halo that is a load of bullcrap.

Mass Effect
    Too Human
    Halo Wars
    Fable 2
    Assassins Creed
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Dead Rising 2
    UT3
    Resident Evil 5
    COD4

Things are only getting better for the 360.

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i really enjoyed the first halo but felt bitter after the second as it was more of the same with slighty better graphics, granted 3 does look like the have added some decent weapons and enhancments to the game with updated graphics, the core gaemplay is very good just doesnt do anything special , wont stop me buying it

360 is far from dead, its a great console and will be for a few years yet, microsoft need to sort out the failure problems and then jobs a good one

12. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Yeah i felt bitter after the second one but after playing the beta a few months back and reading many previews it looks increasingly clear that Halo 3 will be everything Halo 2 should of been and then some.

Can't wait to get my Elite 360 this week.

13. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Mass Effect -

"Where the presentation really fell short, however, is in the emotionless voice acting and subpar facial animations. Not only did the conversation lack the natural ebb and flow to which we were all looking forward, but it was as if the voice actor's took commas, question marks, and exclamations points out of their repertoire. The dialogue has about as much emotional engagement as a grocery list. Even worse, the facial animations match the shoddy voice acting: the mouths move, and that's about it. It'd be great for a Joan Rivers botox sim, but it doesn't really make for a compelling video game.

At worst, Mass Effect is disappointing. The best reaction I've heard all day was this: "It wasn't that bad, just more of the same." If "not that bad" is all you've got going for you ..."

Too Human - Silicon Knights
    Halo Wars - Good
    Fable 2 - Good but prefer Oblivion
    Assassins Creed - On PS3
    Ninja Gaiden 2 - Wil come to PS3
    Dead Rising 2 - Not interested
    UT3 - Getting for PC
    Resident Evil 5 - On PS3
    COD4 - On PS3

Its only my opinion but the Xbox has nothing but Halo for me, i'm sure some feel the same. The main thing for me is paying for a system that isn't reliable. I did it once with the 360 and i won't do it twice. If they fix the problems(and they do have some) i'll get it straight away. But it looks like it will be awhile.

Heat and noise are the bigest problems, If i want a heat/noise problem i'll look at my pc. But not for a console. Also they need to drop the price again too. €599 for an elite(thats what we pay here) is a bit much!