7900 gtx and 162.18 drivers - resolution issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by techniques1200s, Aug 30, 2007.

1. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    Hey, it's been a long time since I've done anything with my computer, so I'm a little rusty...but after about a half a year of down-time (screwed HDD), I got a new HDD, and set everything up again. It's working great, BUT.......I'm having some problems with my drivers (or so it seems).

I previously had some much earlier drivers installed (those that came with the disc with my 7900 gtx, over a year ago), and I had the resolution set to my monitor's native resolution of 1440x900 pixels, and all was fine. Well, that driver CD has since been lost, so I downloaded and installed the 162.18's, and now the desktop doesn't fit to my screen anymore!

To put it simply: I have my resolution set to 1440x900, my monitor's native resolution, yet, the desktop extends beyond the edge of my monitor. When I put my mouse cursor near the edge of the screen, it scrolls to the right until it reaches the end of the desktop. If my resolution is set to 1440x900, WHY is it doing this? Why is it not fitting nicely between the edges of my monitor? I figured the fix would be something simple in the NVIDIA control panel, but I haven't found anything...Anyone know how to fix this?

2. AceCooper

AceCooper Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 6800GT PCI-Express
    Having the same problem here too, but on 6800 GT instead.

3. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    I'm guessing this is XP right?

Anyways, try the DNA-Force 3.6.9424 set. Works tremondously on my 7900GTX, performance and IQ.

Mike.

4. techniques1200s

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    I just went into the settings menu for my monitor, and it says my monitor is at 1280x1024...this is slightly confusing...think this may be the problem? (i'm also downloading those drivers just in case)

5. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Also, it could have something to do with your refresh rate. Make sure that it is set correctly. I remember when mine is on 60Hz (default after driver install) that my resolution looks awkward. After adjusting it to what I normally have, it fits the entire screen.

Mike.

6. techniques1200s

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    Alright, I just installed the DNA drivers and everything is working perfectly now. After installing the new drivers, the monitor's resolution (in the monitor menu) changed from 1280x1024 at 75 hz, to the correct 1440x900 at 60 hz.

Thanks for the help!

7. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    No problem. Also, enjoy games with that driver set. Should be the best driver for the 7900GTX (for XP) imo.

Mike.

8. Maestro

Maestro New Member

The problem with resolution is solved with 163.44 drivers. I had it with all previous 160.xx versions . 150.xx was fine.