ForceWare 163.44 XP/Vista (32 and 64 bit)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Sieras, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Uli

Uli Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512 Crysis Ed.
    there is no 1920x1200@85Hz for me :( (x64)

2. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

No, you're not blind , it seems that Nvidia can't get it's act together when releasing drivers or release notes anymore.

3. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Yeah, I've noticed that..but the most hilarious thing is, that they state

and they're nowhere to be found, lol

4. N3LSON

N3LSON Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked
    The custom timings never worked for me on XP so I went over to Vista becuase I read in these forums that HDTV res works better under Vista. Now with Vista the picture fits (on HDMI) but the text is crappy unless I use large text and cleartype. If they would fix the VGA overscan at 1360x768 it would be great. Kind of sucks to have to run 1024x768 on a HDTV. But set at 4:3 1024x768 looks awesome on my VGA port. Very frustrating

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007

5. twitch

twitch Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800 Ultra
    Can somebody please do a comparison between
    158.22 and the new beta's???

I wont be installing the 162.50's, since they are not intended for my video card. You guys are crazy...:puke3:

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Huh ?

The 162.50's GPU compatibility list clearly mentions it supports GeForce 8 series and even lower. I think that YOU are a conservative person instead. I myself found that 162.50's were a little faster than the so called ForceWare drivers 162.18's. I know people hesitate because it says "Quadro", but it's not ONLY for Quadro.

And in the end the best way to know for yourself if you'd like the new drivers or not is to try them.

7. shadow70

shadow70 Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX470
    GPU temp is down from 50C to 40C on idle.

but l get some weired things happen as to black spots on shaded areas on the desktop and in videos it goes weired will post a pic soon.

8. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    ey guys. for some reason when i use these drivers, i get the blue screen of death.. siigh, any help? After like turning on the computer and playing a game for more then 40 mins i get it...

9. rrussell

rrussell Member

GPU:
    XFX and eVGA 7900GS 256MB
    Okay, I finally got it running - had to ratchet back the resolution from 1600x1050 to 1024x768. Dang! And this is w/out "High Detail Post Processing" or "High Detail Shaders" turned on, otherwise the frame rates go in the crapper again. Oh, and actor and texture detail at about half-mast.

But I set 4xAA in the nvidia control panel, so I can't hardly tell it's at the lower res.

And ya know what, though? It's still awfully fun :D

10. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    Make sure all your hardware is stable, run prime95 over night, a blend test, if your get errors, make sure there is good air flow in your case, 2nd if it fails raise the volts.

11. carini

carini Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GT 256
    These are the best 1xx.xx drivers for me in xp. Almost as good as 93.71.

Gonna try the vista version out next and see if they are as good.

12. dshramek

dshramek Guest

looks to me like shadows are working with these drivers:
    [​IMG]

13. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

I'm using the DNA 3.7.16316x32 Drivers and the one overpowering thing is stabiliy. I have yet to install one "official" beta or Windows approved driver from Nvidia that at some point didn't become unstable within a matter of days. I never had these issues with 5,6 or 7 series card's and 8X.XX or 9X.XX drivers.

I've installed and uninstalled Official and tweaked NGO, ZTweaked and a few more and at last I can honestly say that these 3.7.16316x32 DNA divers are the best drivers I've ever installed ,since going to a 8 series card and as far as stability they are the best yet, excellent IQ and performance and above all else, Stability, which seems to be the one issue that is the common complaint from most but, not all who install these 1XX.XX official drivers from Nvidia in the past few month's.

Bioshock runs great with these DNA drivers AND I haven't look back, thank's but, no thank's Nvidia, release notes or not.

Hump.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  14. refraction

refraction Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768mb
    got these on XP and vista now (both 32bit) so far in XP theyve been great! only tried Bioshock demo under Vista n that was fine too, pretty quick as well.

15. zed201

zed201 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 CLASSIFIED
    just play HL 2 deathmatch for 2 HR no BSOD these are keepers for me
    they work great
    3Dmark 06 9353

16. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 8800 GTS 512 760C/1900S/2100R
    Damn, these drivers are nice so far, but I get the same problem as with all 163.XX versions. If I connect my AMOI Advent 2 37" HDTV over DVI>HDMI cable and boot with these drivers I get a bluescreen. Aaaargh! I'll guess all upcoming drivers will have that problem.

17. mcstarr24

mcstarr24 Active Member

I had the 162.50's and the demo worked flawless.Iam on XP, 8800GTS 635/1950
    quad core @ 3.61 ghz 4gb ram, ip35pro. Anyway like i said the 162.50's worked very well. i mean not perfect but good

i tried these today and iam not happy. ITs very choppy especially on the scene when the plane crashes into that water way thing. Before it wasnt like that. Gonna try 162.18's, for now and see if that helps, or just got back to 50's

on a side note it runs fine in vista with the new betas..i.e. no bad chop. I would prefer to run it in xp for now, it was performing great.

Only thing that may have caused this is the microsoft c2d hotfix i applied last night...will try to remove that.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  18. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    well it run fine and above all with everithing...

May NVidia have ear us? i hope so.

For those who critic these driver, what is a drop of 1fps or 5fps facing a good compatibility... the last reliable driver from nvidia were in 9x.xx series, i apreciate from NVidia their effort (long time they haven't do...)

19. p3r02d3r0

p3r02d3r0 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming 4GB
    Hi,

I'm experiencing some strange problems with the installation of those drivers. Sorry if that was already mentioned in this thread, didn't read all of it...

I have Windows Vista x86, with 8800GTX...

Anyway, when I'm installing them, after the end of the installation, it says that

"The system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run the installation again."

I've tried to reinstall them, but, of course, the same thing. Now I'm back to 162.22 WHQL, which installed normally.

I've googled mine issue and found that other people had similar problems with other drivers. For example, here. Some other guys on other forums said that they modified the inf file, and the drivers installed normally afterwards...

Any similar issues with you guys? Any clues maybe?

Much thanks.

20. Rillipiru

Rillipiru Master Guru

GPU:
    660 ti 2GB
    One bsod during BF2/PR 0.6, otherwise clearly the best driver in vista 32 bit ever at least in my rig.

No more lags in PR, textures even in OS are way better than 162.50 banned version and vanilla.

These are great.....so far..