ForceWare 163.44 XP/Vista (32 and 64 bit)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Sieras, Aug 20, 2007.

1. clownbf

clownbf New Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    When I was playing FEAR MP it gave me BSOD too (only once).... it gives me better fps for Bioshock so I'll still keep it though

P.S. I'm using Vista Ultimate x64

2. twitch

twitch Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800 Ultra
    Can you guys please state which OS you are using?? It's very confusing to the rest of us who aren't very good at reading minds.

Also, can somebody give me a comparison between 158.22 and the new beta drivers for Windows XP?

Thanks.

3. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I Tested the Bioshock Demo with the 163.16 drivers and it runs AWESOME and im running Vista Premium x64

With V-Sync on its at 30fps ~ 60fps never lower :D, without V-sync the black bar tears are horrible !. But ok i can live with that.

I did run a Fraps Bechmark,

Got avg. 53.05 , min 24 ( In the room with the redlights ) max 118...

Hehe 53.05fps avg. thats ****ing crazy ! the game runs so smooth for me, you guys really should try 163.16 !

Game Settings:

1440x900
    All ''High''
    DX10 On.

My Rig is UbaH :p

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  4. justifireb2b

justifireb2b Member Guru

GPU:
    3x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI
    How do they compare against the 165.01 drivers ?
    I love the 165.01, no more nvdrv stopped responding thing and great fps.
    Wonder or i should downgrade.

5. twitch

twitch Member

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 8800 Ultra
    Isn't there supposed to be a "fix" for Nvidia 8800 series cards coming out? I was hoping this was it...

Also, will that "fix" fix the no-antialiasing when using HDR in Windows XP? I sold my copy of GRAW2 because I can't handle the jaggies.

6. KoeiNL

KoeiNL Active Member

GPU:
    GTX260 ssc
  7. Uli

Uli Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512 Crysis Ed.
    Still no 1920x1200>60Hz. FU Nvidia.

8. Khr][st

Khr][st Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260
    I am using Vista Ultimate x64 too.

I got it once after a 3Dmark run (when I pushed X to close the 3dmark window). Second time I got it was running Dirt and third time happent when I was playing lost planet.

9. Jen$on

Jen$on New Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8800gts
    Can someone post the performance boost (dont copy link to Unstable_Hero test).Pleas, pleas.I need to know if this drivers are better then 162.50, cause i can run collin mcree rally dirt at max settings @ 1680x1050 with .50 drivers and i dont want to have problems like you(black screen, after fixing drivers not running game...)

Pleas post quick:p

LB

10. googlymoogly111

googlymoogly111 New Member

Hi guys, I have a 7950GT with 94.24 drivers installed. I've never had much luck with my card and widescreen running 1xx.xx drivers. I'm hesitant to install the new bioshock beta drivers.

When I play the game, it is fine until I go underwater and then the game starts to load the first level. Then it crashes. Anyone else having this problem?

11. The Real Bryl

The Real Bryl Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800GT OC
    I'm having the exact same problem googlymoogly111, and I have a 7950GT too. I tried installing the new drivers but it still didn't work.

12. Eliminator

Eliminator Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280/Dell 2405FPW
    i believe the GRAW2 thing is because of an engine limitation... you sold the game because of no AA support?:roll:

13. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    I was using the 162.50's, and my first attempt with these drivers gave me a black screen during install. So I rebooted into safe mode, removed the 162.50's, rebooted into normal mode and installed the 163.44's. Rebooted and everything is running beautifully. World of Warcraft runs flawlessly, as it should on any system with a 2ghz cpu and a 6800 or better video card. Dirt runs perfect with max settings. Stalker, Fear, BF2 all run perfect. So for I have to say nVidia is really shaping up with these more recent driver releases, 163.44's being the best yet. Control Panel opens quick, and the system just feels more responsive while opening my browser and/or my Windows Explorer. Good Job nVidia!

All my games run at 1440x900 with everything Maxed.. Cuz I can. =o)

14. nathanstaples89

nathanstaples89 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7850 2GB
    Have nvidia added "manage custom timings" to this driver in Vista?

I need i to get 1360x768...

15. N3LSON

N3LSON Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked
    I need the same thing. If I run VGA I get overscan (image is larger than the screen) and if I run HDMI its fine but the text looks horrible. I think it may be the fact that it doesnt run 60Hz under HDMI Im not sure. It only gives me the 60Hz option under HDMI when I connect the VGA and HDMI to the card and run Clone display BTW. If I connect only the HDMI it only gives me 29 or 30 Hz options. Damn you NVidia !

Vista 32-bit

16. flyersfan25

flyersfan25 Member

GPU:
    evga 7800GS AGP, 256mb, 430/1300
    I installed this driver based on the Bioshock demo recommendation and can't seem to get to the control panel. Trying to open the control panel results in nothing - the task manager doesn't show anything trying to run and the cursor flips to an hourglass for a fraction of a second. I was previously running 94.24 on my AGP 7800GS in WinXP.

I tried adding some entries to the .inf file per the instructions here (http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=39715) but that didn't make a difference.

I had uninstalled the previous drivers and ran DC Pro before installing the new set.

I'm not sure what else to try - any thoughts?

17. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

I would say these driers where good but after running the FEAR performacne test 4 times i got worse fps.

and it casues me to get hung up on objects where i cant move. and fps drop to about 1.

then in DIRT the menu hangs every 5-10 seconds for 3 seconds.

PS this was tested with ONE 8600gts. more tests later.

and to the guy who asked about Wow, these work flawless in wow.
    (anyone have the sound bug? ex, scratchy/rough sound? )

18. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX GTX285 Black Ed.
    That's my resolution since I bought this TFT... and I never had a problem with it... -_-

19. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295
    Funny that because most people a have reported excellent performance on the Bioshock demo and have commented on how well the game is optimized, especially for lower end systems...
    Also, I have read numerous comments (and reviews) stating how much nicer the PC version looks...

:smoke:

20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    For those of you having Digital Vibrance with their 163.44's, tell me from where do you activate it, is it the official Control Panel or a third party tool like RivaTuner ? Thanks.